The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20525 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:07 am

Post by James Brafin »

We didn’t touch any of your stuff.
We didn’t take anyone’s resources without asking, especially Maruchan’s
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20526 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

And as stated above, we will put it back if Bulba asks us to or becomes irritated. I think Inferno got a bit over-zealous last night and got almost finished, but I am more than capable of undoing his work.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20527 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:36 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

James I need you to chill out and be an acceptable member of this community. Whatever the issue is, fix it so everyone is happy. Otherwise I’ll take action.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20528 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:39 am

It is generally accepted that you don’t touch a build that isn’t yours whether you like the way it looks or not. If you can’t deal with that this may not be the server for you.
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #20529 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20527, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:James I need you to chill out and be an acceptable member of this community. Whatever the issue is, fix it so everyone is happy. Otherwise I’ll take action.
I already didn't don't worry.

I also removed my belongings from Bulba's Lighthouse so as to not be a part of any future encounters.

I also CLEARLY MARKED my claim of land so nobody touches it or goes near it.

@James: Do you know how many structures in and around town currently there exist that I think are ugly and wish I could tear down? I won't state it because I don't feel like being an asshole and hurting others' feelings. But it is more than 1. Even 1 that I made. Do you know how many structures in the past have existed in communal areas of settlement that we thought were ugly? I'd say hundreds? Do you know how many times I've built something that others (*cough* MAESTRO KLAZ *cough*) thought was ugly as fuck?

Do you know how many of those structures got torn down? (zero)

We also have people who play maybe once a month and people who play 10 hours a day side by side with different visions for what they want to build in their heads. So while you may be to the point of wanting a finished, pretty town, bulba doesn't play as often as you and only made the progress on his lighthouse that he had made so far. Thats fine. We can have a half-finished cobble wall in a city next to 20 skyscrapers that are finished and all iron and glass. Thats OK. We deal with it.

PEDIT: ETL was more concise and beat me to the point

EDIT2: In fact, you want to know a structure that I think is ugly as fuck? A 60-high 24-wide 24-deep BIRCH (god I hate birch it's like puke-wood) massive cube of a building built to contain 3240 chests. What have I done about this structure? I have asked why we need it 4 times (without response), and thrown over 2 stacks of torches into ensuring it is safe so mobs don't spawn in the city and went on about my day.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20530 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:41 am

Maru take a break. Come back in a day or so when you’ve calmed down. No more drama y’all. We can all play nice right?
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20531 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20529, Maruchan wrote:EDIT2: In fact, you want to know a structure that I think is ugly as fuck? A 60-high 24-wide 24-deep BIRCH (god I hate birch it's like puke-wood) massive cube of a building built to contain 3240 chests. What have I done about this structure? I have asked why we need it 4 times (without response), and thrown over 2 stacks of torches into ensuring it is safe so mobs don't spawn in the city and went on about my day.
(and single-block ladder towers leading to massive skyfarms)
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20532 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Maruchan »

I built my house, and moved all the belongings I still knew where they were into it. I think it's one of the best build's I've done on an MS server. Feel free to check it out, it's over by arch's place.
Show
Join Now!

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20533 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Okay
I think I have some apologizing and explaining to do
A) So turns out Inferno did take the smelted stone and put it in the community center, which he just told me. I think he thought it was community (and if it it community, it's not yours and you shouldn't be jumping down throats because its back where the whole community can use it after you "claimed" it as your own, even after everyone else donated the cobble and buckets to that smelter. Four of those buckets are mine. If it is, you are justified and he was crossing the line.) You should still be able to get to it. Sorry about that. I have no idea where your other stuff went, We didn't use any of your stuff.
B) I wasn't aware that was Bulb's LH until after Inferno tore it all down. The way it was advertised to me was the temporary safehouse. That's why I made that statement. I can tear that stuff down and put it back, or I can leave it at this point. It's you all's call. But I htought the lighthouse was going to be across the lake, and this was not part of that structure, which is what I get for skimming. That's on me.
C) Of course, the above B still seems bad. It WAS a community project. In fact, Inferno and I had a IRL conversation that went a little like this:

Inferno: There's a building that needs to be replaced in town.
James: What building?
Inferno: The temporary community safehouse/town hall-type area
James: Why?
Inferno: Because people are squatting in it and it needs to be renovated
James: That sounds like it could be a bad idea. I'm not sure I want to be a part of that.

So then I get on the server, and my mob farm hasn't been working for several days. I go to see if there's been a creeper or something, and lo and behold someone has gone in and lit the whole thing up and disabled mob spawn. So my line of thinking is "If it's okay to purposely and maliciously tamper with semi-private property that's providing goods to the whole town, what's the harm in prettifying what I believe to be a temporary community area?" So I do my whole little thing, which came across very hard and abrupt, which I apologize for, and I'm think, "I can help out a little bit, if he needs me."

Now, did I cross a line? Probably. Does that excuse my actions? Nope. Was I wrong? Most definitely. And I'm sorry that it's caused issues. It was not my intention, and like I said, it's an easy fix that I can do over the next few days. But if we're really going to rant at ME, who did none of the building on this thing, and actually has built one thing in town that I'm getting ready to tear down anyways, and we're going to say nothing about my property getting altered, that's not cool. So if we're going to do all this, at least the person who did that should step forward and apologize as well.

And I never said it was ugly, so lets rear that horse in right now. I kinda liked it, actually. That was Inferno's whole deal.

One more thing:
In fact, you want to know a structure that I think is ugly as fuck? A 60-high 24-wide 24-deep BIRCH (god I hate birch it's like puke-wood) massive cube of a building built to contain 3240 chests.
A) Cussing out a build is not ok, especially when you just said you weren't going to
B) Are you not the one who built all the farms out of birch logs, planks, and fences, and selected birch as a block for this town?
Last edited by James Brafin on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20534 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by James Brafin »

While I'm here, I am working on a lightweight industrial-style modpack from 1.12.2 if you want to use t for the next modded stuff. I'd have to send y'all the pack since it's custom, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
'
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20535 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

Wow, I'm offline for 24 hours or so after having a toenail removed, to see this when I come back... :roll:

Re: modded, we try to find a happy middle ground, as most people have both favorite mods and ones they dislike. I'd certainly be interested in seeing your mod list to see how it stacks up against community preferences. :) And I'm sure we'll get plenty of input, if folks are available to give it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20536 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20533, James Brafin wrote:I think he thought it was community (and if it it community, it's not yours and you shouldn't be jumping down throats because its back where the whole community can use it after you "claimed" it as your own, even after everyone else donated the cobble and buckets to that smelter. Four of those buckets are mine. If it is, you are justified and he was crossing the line.)
I have only ever used 3 buckets. these three buckets I made myself. These three buckets are sitting in my own personal chests. Any time I put a bucket of lava into the lava smelter, I also added 100 cobble, and removed 100 stone.

Any stone I took out of the discharge chest on the Lava Smelter was re-smelted. Any resources I used in making the wall I personally obtained. The cobble I used to fund this, I mined from the mine I created for the community, the desert where i mined for sand, or the tunnel between the two.

Any cobble used on the outside of the wall (minus the 1 row 1 wide for nearly 90% of the length you provided), I mined in the mines I created and labeled community mines, or in the tunnel I dug from town to the desert for community use.
Any blocks used to fill the center of the wall (dirt, gravel, Granite, Diorite, Andesite, Birch Planks) I personally mined/chopped down. Over 90% of the birch used to date on the ENTIRE server, I chopped down.
Any Stone Brick used on the inside of the wall came from cobble I mined, using lava I ran to fill in buckets I made using iron I mined, put in the Lava Smelter ArchReplicator made for the server's use after he asked me politely to use something prettier than cobble (to which, I then had a 30 minute conversation with him on how he wanted me to use it before I began doing).

Any sand or sandstone used to make the sandcastle that currently marks the exit of the tunnel to the desert was obtained by me in said desert (there is a giant hole in the ground, which is from me mining the layers of cobble/sandstone under the sand, placing a torch, then dropping the sand on said torch to save the shovels).

All of this was originally placed in chests in Bulba's Lighthouse, which on my first day on the server he built, and I asked if he minded if I based out of there while I made the area mob-proof before I built a house. I obtained more than I needed of all of these resources, and left them in unmarked chests in this structure for reasonable use by others for community-based projects (mines, mob-proofing, farms, animal pens, grinders, etc). at one point between two log ins by myself, nearly half of said resources vanished which surprised me, and so I began moving the resources that were important to me (mining drops, a portion of the wood, and any stone brick/stone/cobble/diorite/andesite/granite I had left to continue building the wall. I left these in a separate, but still-unmakred chest, in the far corner of Bulba's Lighthouse, in the hopes that others would realize they were separate from what I was deeming "community resources". This seemed to work. A number of days later the entirety of my amassed resources, both private and community disappeared to another place without my consent nor even warning. I spent 30 minutes ranting about someone steeling my stuff to Arch before i realized it had simply been moved (Although a handful of things went missing in the move. 3-4 stacks of torches, some bonemeal, and some other ones and twos i don't remember). I removed my items from said chests, moved them back to where I was working out of at the time, and threw signs stating what was "mine". Some of the signs delineated items that I would be willing to share with others for community builds (but as I had learned that others aren't so good at judging what is OK to take for private builds and community builds I put to ASK ME FIRST on the signs). Other signs delineated items that were my private items, and to not touch them. I thought this sufficient.

Last night I wake up in the middle of the night after falling asleep on the couch to move to my bedroom to a message saying "Hey if nobody wants this structure we're gonna demolish it. We'll give you 3 days to let us know if its yours" with a not-so-subtle reference of "if bubla claims it we'll honor it, if anyone else does sucks to be you you shouldn't be squatting in bulba's house" which clearly was pointed at me, as I was hte only other player living there full-time, and was the most active player "squatting" out of bulba's lighthouse.

I figured bulba would come in within those three days and remark that it is not in fact a public space, but a lighthouse he was building that was intended to be for public's viewing pleasure, that he had kindly allowed others to reside in until they established themselves. Since I am the only player that prioritized OTHER PEOPLES SAFETY over their own digs, that pretty much meant me. Because unlike literally EVERY player on the server but me, I didn't immediately build my own house. I put off building my own house to use the early-game resources to make a safe, mob-proof area for everyone's use, that had food aplenty, to help people get a welcoming start to the server.

I went back to sleep in my own bed. I woke up 9 hours later and logged in to find that 3 days really meant a handful of hours, as 10 hours after the post telling me to GTFO the structure was already demolished. I also found that my signs did *not* work. I had lost a number of resources that I obtained myself from my chests (not resources that were donated to the community by a community of players). This rightfully upset me. I had planned on building a house soon, as town was remarkably safe at this point (although EVERY TIME I log in, I spend the first 15 minutes running around using MY torches, that I mined and chopped the resources for to light up OTHER peoples' builds that are not properly mob-proofed within the walls, while also educating those I could on how to do so themselves). So Now I have a house. And I have removed MY belongings from the town, so as to not have them be confused with COMMUNITY belongings.

(I didn't read the rest of your post after this blurb so I will do so now)

EDIT1:
In post 20533, James Brafin wrote:I can tear that stuff down and put it back, or I can leave it at this point. It's you all's call. But I thought the lighthouse was going to be across the lake, and this was not part of that structure, which is what I get for skimming. That's on me.
Already taken care of, you don't have to worry about it. Although I am unsure where the original cobble went, I went and mined MORE cobblestone and remade the structure again, with my own resources.
EDIT2:
In post 20533, James Brafin wrote:So then I get on the server, and my mob farm hasn't been working for several days. I go to see if there's been a creeper or something, and lo and behold someone has gone in and lit the whole thing up and disabled mob spawn. So my line of thinking is "If it's okay to purposely and maliciously tamper with semi-private property that's providing goods to the whole town, what's the harm in prettifying what I believe to be a temporary community area?" So I do my whole little thing, which came across very hard and abrupt, which I apologize for, and I'm think, "I can help out a little bit, if he needs me."
I am unsure where your mobspawner is or who did this. Anything on the surface of town, I have purposefully and intentionally lit it up. Anything connected to the public community miens I have (tried) to intentionally and purposefully light up if it takes me less than ~5-10 torches. Anything farther than that I wall off to remove it's access from the public mines.

If your mobspawner is not in either of those two categories, I am unsure who did it but it was not me.
EDIT3:
In post 20533, James Brafin wrote:B) Are you not the one who built all the farms out of birch logs, planks, and fences, and selected birch as a block for this town?
I did not select birch for the town, I clear-cut the area that Bulba had picked out as a good spot for a town, and that area happened to be birch hills. As I had yet to venture anywhere outside of this town before today I had nothing but birch to make the farms out of, and I used it yes. As soon as I have a supply of non-birch, I do indeed plan to redo it. I have not used birch planks for anything other than the Wall, and my house's floor (again due to necessity being the only wood i had abundance of, but I'm not sure yet if I like it), and the logs around the wheat farms. I have not used birch fences anywhere, for anything.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20537 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20536, Maruchan wrote:(although EVERY TIME I log in, I spend the first 15 minutes running around using MY torches, that I mined and chopped the resources for to light up OTHER peoples' builds that are not properly mob-proofed within the walls, while also educating those I could on how to do so themselves)
If whoever owns the floating tree farm would mind lighting it up, you're spawning mobs in the town.
Show
Join Now!

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20538 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Well, there is a whole oak forest across the river if you'd like to use that.
And as I said before, if that's the case you are more than justified in taking the stuff that is yours out of storage.
Between my spawner getting sabotaged and your stuff getting stolen, we may have a serious problem. I'm pretty confident Inferno didn't take from private stores.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20539 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Maruchan »

your spawner sounds like it was likely someone new to MC who didn't know the value/utility of a mob spawner, and had recently been taught how to ensure no mobs spawned around the town.

My things seems like it's a crime of convenience, someone good intentioned intends to replace whatever they took later but then they forget, or someone thinking that I was appropriating public goods without the right to them.

TWO OF THE GATES TO TOWN ARE COMPLETE! please, ensure you close them behind you! The third will be done Soon(tm)
Maru's House is complete!
Show
Join Now!

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20540 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #20541 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Taly »

I just built the interior place for the Enchanting Library.

Going to build more rooms later, probably. But I'm going to start placing enchanting tables and library stuff in there.
Last edited by Taly on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20542 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:53 am

Post by Taly »

im going to build a random block of wood somewhere in town with a sign that says "Taly" on it and see if Maruchan places a torch on it lol X3

this is a scientific experiment
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20543 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:46 am

Post by James Brafin »

My spawner is outside of town, 10-12 blocks underground , and can only be accessed from my basement.
I seriously doubt someone mistook it for town.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #20544 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Maestro »

If you had asked, I would've told you. I lit up your spawner.

I thought AFKing for more than 2 hours was inconsiderate and rude to the players who were online, who might want Day time from sleeping, or who might want some hostile mob spawns of their own (in case you didn't know, mob spawners can fill the server mob limit and prevent "wild" hostile mobs from spawning if left in a farming situation by an AFK player). Not to mention when I came along, your Hoppers and Chests were so full items were piling up on top of the nice Magma/Minecart mechanism you'd rigged up. I took temporary action to stop the mob and item overflow, since your item storage system was overflowing and might've soon caused lag or server damage. I left signs laying out why I thought you were causing problems, and I caused absolutely no permanent changes to the build. In fact, I was very considerate IMO and left you the option of turning it back on when/if you wanted to - it's not my fault you didn't notice the change until yesterday. Like I said, I didn't try to be subtle.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20545 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:27 am

Post by profii »

Do you have a mobspawner like the block that looks like a cage or did you make something?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #20546 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Maestro »

The block that looks like a cage. If you light up the area around it with torches, you can "turn it off" temporarily.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20547 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by profii »

Never knew that

I am 90% there with the tunnel to Swamp biome - there is a tunnel but it’s not 100% 3x3 the whole way (it’s about 600 blocks long)

I’ve made a design for a subway platform which I hope to replicate and the other end and I’ve structured steps up to the swamp

Then I’m going to try and make some kind of boardwalk to the swamp hut and create some kind of boardwalk arena so that Slimes spawn somewhere handy
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20548 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Taly »

The enchanting library still has some things that can be added and done to it (like I'm thinking of bringing cauldrons and anvils there), but there are enchanting tables, a crafting table and two large chests there already. :)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20549 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20548, Taly wrote:The enchanting library still has some things that can be added and done to it (like I'm thinking of bringing cauldrons and anvils there), but there are enchanting tables, a crafting table and two large chests there already. :)
Google minecraft wiki and read the Wii page on enchanting. In order to get maximum level enchants you need bookshelves to a certain degree. You want 3 different tiers as well to provide low and mid level enchants. This can be done effectively with sticky pistons. I can help you refine a design later and we can move it to somewhere where the size this room and it's redstone will require wont be obnoxious/ obvious
Show
Join Now!

Return to “The Arcade”