Terraria Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Tierce »

By the by, you should have a few nifty items that the hearts dropped, if nothing else. I'd suggest using the Space Gun with the Meteor Armor to kill the Brain once you spawn it again. 30 Meteor Bars, 2 Fallen Stars, and you have a nifty gun that costs no mana to use if you're wearing a full Meteor armor set.

To spawn it again, craft 15 Vertebrae into a Bloody Spine at an Altar. Using the Spine in the Crimson will summon the Brain anew. Don't panic, use health potions (shortcut H), and keep firing at the eyes in the first stage, because the Brain itself is invulnerable until all eyes are destroyed or until it transforms.

And whatever you do,
don't
try to destroy the crimson altars. You won't succeed, and it will bloody damn
hurt
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Magua »

Those are crafting stations. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

I literally had no idea that they were anything but background (well, I knew they hurt if you tried to pick 'em, but nothing beyond that). I finally ended up googling for "crimson altar" before I even knew what I was looking for. Have to say, that part of the game doesn't seem very well fleshed out, as, unless I miss my guess, I don't think there's any way of knowing in-game that you can craft things there unless you happen to be wandering by with your crafting window open.

So, it took three tries (I suck a little), but I eventually killed the brain with the method Tierce gave, then made my brand new shiny pick. I feel so empowered.

In completely unrelated news, I found a goblin who I released and he sold me rocket boots and ohmygodijizzedinmypants. That just made things so much incredibly easier.

So now I've fully explored the surface of the world, looted the ocean, and found an old man who complains about being cursed. I ignored him saying that I'm much too weak and fought Skeletron and got rolled.

So in terms of things to do, I *think* these are my options:
- Fight Skeletron and win,
- The Dryad gives me a status saying my world is 2% corrupted. I assume this is something I can do something about, but outside of being 99 stacks of purification powder and going on a rampage, I'm not sure what,
- Dig deeper.

Unrelated, when crafting, is there a way of crafting more than one item at a time? It's annoying to turn 100 stone into walls with 100 clicks.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Skeletron killed me but my roommate got him for me after I died

rolling bones op
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Tierce »

Hold right-click when you're making items and it will craft up to a full stack, Magua.

Also, that goblin tinkerer will move into your house once you have a space for him. When he does, he has a tinkerer's workshop you want to buy. The tinkerer's workshop lets you join some items together (it's a crafting station). For example, if you have Hermes Boots, you can tinker them with your new shiny Rocket Bots and make Spectre Boots (look, one fewer accessory slot needed!). Additionally, if you have an Anklet of the Wind and an Aglet, you can craft Spectre Boots with those two items and make
Lightning
Boots, which are amazing.

The tinkerer also has this "reforge" option when you click him. Reforging costs money and gives random results, but has the possibility of crafting your items into better ones. Accessories can have better defense bonuses, for example (+4 defense on each accessory gives you an extra +20 defense, which is great). Works with all tools and weapons, too.

You can also go up. Your world should have at least a couple of floating islands and those have Treasure in them (Lucky Horseshoe, Shiny Red Balloon and Cloud in a Bottle are very useful items and you can tinker them all together).

You can ignore the Dryad for now. The Corruption will slowly spread over dirt, but if you put sunflowers on green grass at the edge of the Corruption, you won't have to worry about its spread until it goes batshit insane in Hardmode (and you have a lot to do before you can get there).

If you don't have one yet, I'd suggest making a small glowing mushroom farm out of mud and mushroom grass seeds. Keep it
very
small, they yield a lot and making it too big will convert it into a glowing mushroom biome--and those have really really nasty Hardmode-like mobs. You'll need glowing mushrooms to craft the second tier of healing potions, so a small farm (something like 20-40 blocks total) is a good investment.

---

No parenthesis were harmed in the writing of this post.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:43 am

Post by Tierce »

Guide's tips wrote:"If you combine lenses at a demon altar, you might be able to find a way to summon a powerful monster. You will want to wait until night before using it, though."
"You can create worm bait with rotten chunks and vile powder. Make sure you are in a corrupt area before using it."
"Demonic altars can usually be found in the corruption. You will need to be near them to craft some items."
It's there, and I imagine there is a Crimson version as of 1.2. You just might not know they
are
altars. And you need to be willing to listen to the Guide. >.>
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Also, I believe the guide tells you what crafting station you need for an item when you look at craftable items at him.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Magua »

Can't check right now, but from what I recall the guide says what you can build with something, but not the station needed is (though I admit I could just be missing that in the UI). More to the point is that even saying "You can make that at a crimson altar" wouldn't help me because I had no idea those things were crimson altars or could be used for crafting stations at all. =P

---

For farming, does it need to be mud (as opposed to dirt or clay or whatever)? Does it have to be underground?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 am

Post by chesskid3 »

3 stingers away from a blade of grass eeeeee
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 331, Magua wrote:For farming, does it need to be mud (as opposed to dirt or clay or whatever)? Does it have to be underground?
For glowing mushrooms, mud and mushroom grass seeds. Does not need to be underground. But make it really small, if the sky starts to darken you're turning the area into the dangerous mushroom biome; even with NPCs nearby, you'll have mobs spawning on blood moons.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 333, Tierce wrote:
In post 331, Magua wrote:For farming, does it need to be mud (as opposed to dirt or clay or whatever)? Does it have to be underground?
For glowing mushrooms, mud and mushroom grass seeds. Does not need to be underground. But make it really small, if the sky starts to darken you're turning the area into the dangerous mushroom biome; even with NPCs nearby, you'll have mobs spawning on blood moons.
this isnt a problem as long as your mushroom farm is in an enclosure with player placed backwalls.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 334, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 333, Tierce wrote:
this isnt a problem as long as your mushroom farm is in an enclosure with player placed backwalls.
Oh, but it is, speaking from experience. If it's forming a mushroom biome, caves nearby will spawn mushroom mobs. Things won't spawn inside the farm, but they'll come at you from the outside. You don't get those damnable spores until Hardmode, at least, but it's still dangerous. Simpler to keep it small, they have fantastic yields if done right.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I GOT MY BLADE OF GRASS GUYS

IT'S AWESOME

SO BIG
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

wiow nice congrats! : ]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I haven't played this game in such a long time.

I lost interest right around the time I got my lightsaber, which is kinda funny cause I should have gotten more interested then.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

halloween update owns
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Magua »

Defeated Skeletron, *and* am now running around in a unicorn costume.

(It took me way too long to figure out that the slimes were wearing bunny masks and the bunnies were wearing slime costumes.)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

hard mode is hard -.-
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by IH »

How fun is the new update? Should I come back to this?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

its p dope.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

give me ur unwanted things
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

a big glass penis dripping honey everywhere. this is the thing that i will give to you if you let me into your world.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

i'll have to pass thanks for the generous offer tho
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

the offer is on thje table if you change youre mind.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Magua »

So I've looted everything I could find (including the floating islands and defeating Queen Bee in a bee hive).

I know that to continue I have to fight the Wall of Flesh, and winning that will take me into hardmode.

But.

No idea where the Wall of Flesh is.

Also, is there anything else I should make sure I do before starting hardmode?
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:00 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

its in hell !!! (throw a guide vodoo doll in the lava)

things that can make your hardmode life signif. easier but are in no way necessary: a convenient herb garden 4 potion making, a mushroom garden, a glowing mushroom garden (with a house in it for a certain hardmode npc). imo throw caution 2 the wind and dive in !

Return to “The Arcade”