Board Games!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I was always interested in {Settlers of Catan, Diplomacy, and the Game of Throne board game}

I might get one, but I am unsure which one is actually better in play, as they all look interesting enough from the outside. Thoughts, recommendations?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 143, hasdgfas wrote:Ludi: What do you think of randomness?

Don't mind it that much, I think some fun can be derived from it. I have always loved card games (of all sort, TCG and just a deck of cards) and randomness is highly prevalent there. Plus, after studying Brownian motion and etc., randomness is highly interesting. So I say, it is a slight plus for me if randomness is involved (obviously there is a breaking point though)
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 145, xRECKONERx wrote:Diplomacy takes like ten hours to play and is much simpler in its rules. Game of Thrones takes about 2-3 hours to play and has complicated rules but once you get it it is a ton of fun. Catan is really shallow in its strategies but is a quick and fun "I have thirty minutes to kill" type game.

Having not played Diplomacy yet I highly recommend GoT.

ahh great, thanks. I always imagined catan as a longer game. And with the addition of the tv show, people are really getting into GoT, which could make it easier to get people to play the board game.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

ah yes, good suggestions all around. Do you guys ever play these games online with one another, either? I figure that would be a good way to play them lacking a large group of friends every night, but i'm not very sure if there are actually websites to do this.

Return to “The Arcade”