Board Games!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3557 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by AcRv »

I picked up Hail Hydra out of curiousity a while ago and have only had enough friends around that wanted to play it twice. It's somewhere between Avalon/The Resistance and Secret Hitler in terms of gameplay, but feels incredibly skewed in favour of the Hydra agents from what we've played. Has anybody else played it enough to give more insight into how a meta has evolved that gives the heroes a higher win rate? Not sure I can recommend based on the games I have played but I'm keen to explore it more so I can be wrong in my assessment.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3560 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 3559, hasdgfas wrote:I played it once. Was a Hydra agent and won. It was a cute social deduction game but I didn't feel the need to play again.
That was our assessment too, but part of me wants to play it enough to see if there's any unique quirk to it but I really don't think there is one I think the bad guys just win
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

Return to “The Arcade”