Android: Netrunner: The Living Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 4:35 am

Post by mykonian »

yeah, not everybody is the nicest :( Most are good, but some make a habit of such behaviour.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Oman »

Alas. Asset spam is a fucking mess on shapers. No wonder they're having such a time. Trying to get any big rig deck together is just impossible, cause by the time I've got it together there's 16 assets on the table and everything is fast advance. I honestly feel like I have to use my first SMC for clot almost every game.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Patrick »

Yes, asset spam is difficult for shapers. If you want to kill assets, it seems you'd have to be looking at Imp, Paricia or Scrubber.

Imp used to appear in shaper decks all the time. Synergy with clone chip and scavenge is great but finding 3 influence isn't. Has other utility letting you trash biotics, scorches etc

Paricia is free to install, and so gets played in some pawnshop decks, but costing memory makes it awkward to fit into alot of rigs.

Scrubber could be a random 1 influence splash to help trash assets in the long term.

Uusually against those decks I try and find as many R&D interfaces as possible and just hammer R&D until I win, or they have so many assets that I can no longer see my screen (the way everything goes tiny when there are tons of remotes is one rare thing Jinteki.net is just horrible at). They will become rich with all the assets you ignore, but it takes time, and those decks don't normally play much ice, so you may get enough accesses to win. Most asset spam decks play DBS, allowing you to see fresh cards more quickly from R&D.

Even if playing in full ignore mode, still check a remote or two when your gut tells you they are trying to sneak out an astro or breaking news, because those decks always do.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Oman »

I had this fun game against asset spam HB. Brain taping into whatever that one is that allows chain rezing. Fuck that combo. Ended up with Janus and Heimdals across the board. Real fun though. The next HB game I played I ran aggressively to counter it and just murdered myself on sentries. I forgot how much of this game is skilled decision making.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Patrick »

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Oman »

Faust is annoying enough without it being an ID too :(
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by mykonian »

well he shouldn't run faust himself, so that's improving stuff perhaps?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by Oman »

He would be pretty great with like mimic and shit.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Patrick »

I was thinking about that ID last night and it's a bit hard to evaluate, but it does allow you to run the fixed strength breakers and run with minimal risk of being punished by a big nasty sentry or codegate. And once ice on a server is rezzed, you can get a pretty nice reduction on going through the most taxing piece of ice they have. Reducing a Curtain/Hadrians wall to something a corroder can easily deal with, or pulling Wormhole or Archangel (or the new busted Weyland codegate!!) into Yog range.

Not a bad ability, though something will probably have to change to get people off Whizzard.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Oman »

Whizzard is a reaction to Corp play. Just that assets are becoming such a key part of their design. Even when I'm not trying to run asset spam decks, I still end up with fifty remotes. Assets are just...where it's at in the games design right now.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 12:52 am

Post by Oman »

I've been struggling to make a Hayley deck work, and I just couldn't. It was just too inconsistent. I'd either find everything I needed or find NOTHING.

Two big changes I made were tagging in Kati Jones for extra econ, and swapping toolbox for Logos (the Hayley deck started as "how do I make toolbox work" so that's funny).

Oh the other thing that made it more consistent: Kati replaced a cool Pawnshop and programs econ package (cache, harbringer, etc) so all of a sudden my deck was smaller. Chaos Theory has taken up the mantle and I love her so much.

I do wish there was a way to build link into this deck, but I'm happy with it so far. Logos as an emergency tutor is kind of fun, a lot more interesting than the Astrolabe, and just perfect for those games where I'm running so late because I can't find something that isn't a progam (ProCo or something).

Spoiler: ChaosBadger
ChaosBadger

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind
40 cards
Influence: 12/12 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​○​○​○​
Tournament legal
Event (9)
+-3 Dirty Laundry
+-2 Employee Strike ●​●​
+-1 Levy AR Lab Access
+-3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (8)
+-3 Clone Chip ○​○​○​
+-1 Logos ●​●​
+-2 Plascrete Carapace
+-2 R&D Interface
Program (10)
+-1 Atman
+-1 Clot ●​●​
+-1 Corroder ●​●​
+-1 GS Shrike M2 ●​●​
+-2 Multithreader ●​●​
+-1 Net Shield
+-2 Self-modifying Code
+-1 Study Guide
Resource (13)
+-3 Daily Casts
+-3 Kati Jones
+-3 Professional Contacts
+-2 Same Old Thing
+-2 Technical Writer
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:27 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 335, Oman wrote:the Hayley deck started as "how do I make toolbox work" so that's funny
Oh I know those :(

As for the deck, doesn't look too outrageous. I'd always switch the numbers on tech writer/kati. You only need one kati and she's your lategame econ ensurance, you don't need her straight away. 2 or 1 if you are a fast drawing deck, imo. Tech writer otoh, you want out asap, and you can have multiples. I suspect you could happily cut a SoT and get another toy to play with. Similarly, I think you could cut a plascrete, you have your share of money, you should be able to draw into it against butcher, esspecially if the toy you'd be including was film critic (which does double duty against IG/other jinteki bs).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Oman »

I just love consoles so much, and I think that astrolabe is one of the most boring consoles around. I mean, if you're a runner, your console is your main tool. It's where your shit is hosted, it's how you interface. It's everything. Astrolabe is like "yep draw a card". It feels uninspired to say the least. There's something really interesting in it being nasir's console, and the allusion the name makes. But it's unrealised. The fact that it's good against asset spam is even worse because I see it in most shaper decks.

I'll look into making those changes. I can definitely see the kati/tech writer swap being good. Dropping SoT seems fine, I just worry about losing my access to my Levy in such a small deck.

Plascretes I've always run two by habit, in damn near every deck I build. Swapping it for Film Critic might well be a worthwhile trade.

Shorthand changes: Swap logos and the Employee Strike for Hacktivist Meeting. Swapped a clone chip for a multithreader. Swapped a kati for a tech writers. Swapped a Placrete and the gap left by the first swap for a film critic and artists colony.

Enough 1-ofs to worry me, but taht's what Chaos does, right? Can't wait to test it out.

Spoiler: ChaosBadger again
ChaosBadger

40 cards
Influence: 13/13 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​○​○​
Tournament legal
Event (9)
+-3 Dirty Laundry
+-2 Hacktivist Meeting ●​●​●​●​
+-1 Levy AR Lab Access
+-3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (5)
+-2 Clone Chip ○​○​
+-1 Plascrete Carapace
+-2 R&D Interface
Program (11)
+-1 Atman
+-1 Clot ●​●​
+-1 Corroder ●​●​
+-1 GS Shrike M2 ●​●​
+-3 Multithreader ●​●​●​
+-1 Net Shield
+-2 Self-modifying Code
+-1 Study Guide
Resource (15)
+-1 Artist Colony
+-3 Daily Casts
+-1 Film Critic
+-2 Kati Jones
+-3 Professional Contacts
+-2 Same Old Thing
+-3 Technical Writer

Keen to try out Hacktivist. Employee strike pulled a lot of weight and I want to see if this is any better. If it isn't I'll just return to it.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Patrick »

I would drop one same old thing and add in the 3rd R&D Interface for it. You're a big rig deck, so you want your runs lategame to be as impactful as possible, no reason to see 3 cards when you could see 4. I think with 1x Levy and 1x SoT, the chances of losing both to random net dmg are very low, as you can install the SoT as soon as you draw it.

On that note, I would think about whether the SoT / Levy is needed in the deck at all. It seems to me the main reasons decks play it are:

1) They have faust, and want to refill their supply of cards to feed to it
2) They are running disposable programs that are good to recur many times; sharpshooters, David, parasites
3) They want to recur crucial economic pieces, such as events in a prepaid deck, caches and other programs in a pwnshop deck, etc
4) They are afraid of slow death against Jinteki Net damage decks

The first three don't really apply, as you're setting up a full permanent rig on the first pass through, and have clone chips to recur anything that gets trashed. So unless you're finding yourself playing Levy alot for longevity against Net damage decks, you could consider dropping it entirely and gaining 2 deckslots. Not saying it's wrong, but worth thinking about.

Cool hactivist and Logos splashes. Hope the hactivist works out for you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Oman »

I decided to speed my deck up a little bit. Basically realised people were either playing a FA or glacier single scoring server, or they were stalling. I've removed study guide (and the multithreaders that were there to power it) and swapped it out for CYBER CYPHER! Yes, this does mean I can only really crack a single server at a time (reference code gates) but I have 3 clone chips and that's enough to trash it and get it back when I need to swap tactics.

Also did put levy in, with one SoT, mostly for *fast economy looping* (and currents). Basically, I'm resource focused so I'm really vulnerable to tags. When my daily casts and sure gambles are played out, if I lose my momentum, it's gone. It's come from diving through a scoring server to hit a trap, or from being tagged and all-seeing I attacked. With levy, if I can get 5 credits (or more accurately 10 credits) I can get back in the game at full pace. This kind of whole-deck recursion is just phenomenal. It's also good with ProCo because sometimes I just want to dig for an SMC/Breaker, and get lots of money while doing it (if the corp is just clicking for credits, for example).

So yeah, this is a much faster deck (even had space to try modded again), focused on pressuring the scoring server with really efficient breakers, then switching to 4-card R&D digs in the lategame. Hacktavist meeting is SO GREAT! Feels really impactful. Logos has had an MVP game. Like, tutoring for ANY card! Did they just spend all their credits and are now poor as fuck, aww but so are you? Tutor for sure gamble! Can't find that 1-of, tutor it up! The game changes so much when an agenda is scored, having logos just....I love it. Not to mention a six card hand in a proco deck is dreamy. Fuck you, astrolabe.

Weak cards: Net shield, plascrete - totally binary cards. Artist Colony - Not worth the deck space. I've got logos, I don't need another tutor. Technical writer - Just so hard to see them early. Not worth mulliganing for, not worth tutoring for. They're phenomenal if I do get one early, but giving up a possible sure gamble, daily casts, SMC, or a thousand other cards to see one in my opening hand isn't worth the hit to tempo. But, if i draw one up, I'm not unhappy. Considering swapping them out for rabbit holes, as I don't really need their money in this deck, and I'm really weak to Sync decks, and it'll burn me through my deck quicker. But then I want to add underworld contacts :P

Spoiler: ChaosBadger
ChaosBadger

40 cards
Tournament legal
Event (12)
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Hacktivist Meeting ●​●​●​●​
1 Levy AR Lab Access
3 Modded
3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (8)
3 Clone Chip ○​○​○​
1 Logos ●​●​
1 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface
Program (7)
1 Clot ●​●​
1 Corroder ●​●​
1 Cyber-Cypher
1 GS Shrike M2 ●​●​
1 Net Shield
2 Self-modifying Code
Resource (13)
3 Daily Casts
1 Film Critic
2 Kati Jones
3 Professional Contacts
1 Same Old Thing
3 Technical Writer
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by Oman »

OH MY FUCKING GOD

Want to know why I never got FUCKING HAYLEY TO WORK!?! I misread the card and misplayed her the whole time!

It's of the same TYPE. TYPE! THE CLICK COMPRESSION! I've been playing the same NAME. I'm so retarded. Don't get wrong, I love CT so much, but for real.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:35 am

Post by mykonian »

given we talked about ST last time oman, did you see this deck?

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/352 ... regionals-
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 am

Post by Oman »

I've been playing this deck now. Heimdall and Eliza's toybox absolute MVPs. Bad pub blackmail decks and DDOS fail against it, even smashed an au reviour/snitch deck with the same card. I'm actually considering swinging some of the small Ice back to big ice. At the moment the big weaknesses are Stealth decks (cause they just break so efficently). I've been thinking of adding Jeeves in, I think that'd be a good plan. I would also really like to sneak a cerebral overwriter into there, or something like that, some sort of trap. I need to punish stealth runs is what I'm saying.

Spoiler: I'm Rezzing this Shit
Haas-Bioroid: Stronger Together
49 cards
Agenda points: 21
Tournament legal
Agenda (8)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Global Food Initiative ●​●​●​
2 Project Wotan
Asset (11)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Eliza's Toybox
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
3 PAD Campaign
ICE (20)
3 Eli 1.0 ○​○​○​
3 Heimdall 2.0
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Janus 1.0
2 Ravana 1.0
3 Turing
2 Vanilla
3 Viktor 1.0
Operation (5)
2 Enhanced Login Protocol
3 Hedge Fund
Upgrade (5)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Surat City Grid ●​●​●​●​●​●​
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Oman »

My toolbox/jeeves deck just induced its first ragequit. I'm pretty stoked about that.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Killthestory »

not sure how good this is but uh...

Leela Patel Slumdog Waltz?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 am

Post by mykonian »

So after discussing with Patrick how FFG is making some cards that could someday replace jackson, but all aren't as great, I made a case for special report. On first sight, it looks like it cycles the way Jackson does, but 4-5 cards in one click, don't have to overdraw first. It can't get rumor milled, it can't get trashed when they look in r&d, can't get councilmanned. All the good stuff, except that it costs 2 influence so it's probably for NBN only. So coming that far and obviously wanting to build something sensible with it, I went with the archetype that makes Jackson the most vunerable (and should play decently given how slow the main corps are): NBN FA. It doesn't have too much ice, r&d lock is a potential issue, Jackson could get trashed. Since I wanted to avoid jackson at first, NEH was off the table (since it'd argue for jackson), I didn't want to do tracing/tagging because every other runner has a bunch of hate for that in the deck, meaning I ended up with Spark.

After a handful of games it was unignorable that jackson was better than special order in one respect: it could reshuffle those biotics one paid deerly for in influence. So back in they went. But special report was faster, quite a bit better at actually improving your hand.

Spoiler: Spark FA
Spark FA

Spark Agency: Worldswide Reach (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (11)

1x AstroScript Pilot Program
(Core Set)

1x Breaking News
(Core Set)

3x Explode-a-palooza
(Old Hollywood)

2x Merger
(Fear the Masses)
●●

3x Project Beale
(Future Proof)

1x 15 Minutes
(Data and Destiny)

Asset (8)

2x Jackson Howard
(Opening Moves)

3x Launch Campaign
(Data and Destiny)

3x PAD Campaign
(Core Set)

Upgrade (8)

2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
(Order and Chaos)

3x Product Placement
(The Universe of Tomorrow)

3x SanSan City Grid
(Core Set)
☆☆☆

Operation (7)

2x Biotic Labor
(Core Set)
●●●●● ●●●

3x Hedge Fund
(Core Set)

2x Special Report
(Blood Money)

Barrier (4)

2x Resistor
(Data and Destiny)

1x Wall of Static
(Core Set)

1x Wraparound
(Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (7)

1x Archangel
(Data and Destiny)

3x Pop-up Window
(Cyber Exodus)

3x Quandary
(Double Time)

Sentry (4)

1x Cobra
(Salsette Island)

1x Data Raven
(Core Set)

1x Guard
(Honor and Profit)

1x Rototurret
(Core Set)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:11 am

Post by mykonian »

We have a champion!

The mishmash netrunner introduction tournament was won by
FROZEN ANGEL
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Patrick »

*GOLD COINS*
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Oman »

I am having SO MUCH FUN with this noise deck. I have been running a gabe deck to learn how to run aggressively, so now I'm running a dumb noise deck that runs like once or twice at perfect times.

Spoiler: FLAMING TIGER TIGHTROPE!
NOISE

Event (12)
+-2 Day Job
+-2 Demolition Run
+-2 Déjà Vu
+-3 I've Had Worse
+-3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (4)
+-2 Grimoire
+-2 Muresh Bodysuit ●​●​
Program (19)
+-3 Cache ●​●​●​
+-3 Chakana ●​●​●​●​●​●​
+-1 Darwin
+-3 Djinn
+-1 Gorman Drip v1 ●​
+-1 Hivemind
+-1 Imp
+-2 Incubator
+-1 Medium
+-1 Nerve Agent
+-2 Progenitor
Resource (10)
+-1 Aesop's Pawnshop ●​●​
+-3 Daily Casts
+-3 Earthrise Hotel
+-1 Hades Shard ●​
+-2 Virus Breeding Ground
StaplerTowel
StaplerTowel
He
Townie
StaplerTowel
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by StaplerTowel »

Hi, noob player here. Mostly I collect cards for the art instead of the game. But then I stopped at the Mumbad Cycle because their art is terribly generic. I might pick up the next cycle instead. How has the meta been since then and are there any good Mumbad packs I could miss?

Return to “The Arcade”