Nifty little browser games you can't beat

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by AcRv »

That game is either stupidly easy or stupidly hard. There's one tactic which wins you the game so long as you don't get a particular world event in your first few turns. Other than that I haven't found another way to win though.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Antagon »

"Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I'm stupid!"
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For instance, I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." -
The Big Bang Theory
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

So I just played Gods Will Be Watching for 3-4 hours.

Spoiler: My winning game
Beat it with the Psych+Engineer+Android, dog searching had been failling a bunch around day 20 and I was at 9 bullets and didn't want to go less than that since there'd be another predator attack later and the doc catches medusa and I haven't restocked my cure since everyones been either borderline starving or crazy for the past few days. Kill the doc so at least everyone won't be starving for a while, the soldier goes to -1 on the psych report from the robot so I kill him too, then barely keep psych and engineer from going insane.

With the food from soldier+doc I just talked to the last two and then repaired/dog searched/relit fire just about every turn until the radio was repaired and I ran out of food with 5 days left. The dog had already failed twice in a row, so I gave him one last chance and shot him when that failed, giving barely enough food to make it to the end of the final day.

Was admittedly pretty lucky that neither of the last two caught medusa in the last 15-20 days.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Post by Quilford »

HNNNNGH

Made it down to 10 with everyone alive. Turns out, even if you have enough rations to feed everyone through a night, if at the end of the night your rations total 0 you incur a penalty anyway.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 25, AcRv wrote:
That game is either stupidly easy or stupidly hard. There's one tactic which wins you the game so long as you don't get a particular world event in your first few turns. Other than that I haven't found another way to win though.
It's actually possible to win reasonably easily as long as you don't run into really bad luck early on.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 9:37 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 2, Kublai Khan wrote: QWOP is really easy to learn, very tough to master.
Oh my god what is this, my best is 1m3, then I gave up.

I haven't been able to beat GWBW with everyone yet
The only way I have been able to do it is make the doctor prepare multiple medicine then kill both the psych and the doc.
I'm not sure you even can!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Finally beat it:

I think the key is actually to kill all but one member of the squad. Once you do that you get a lot of food and can settle into a rhythm of talk/repair until the end of the game. If you ever seem to be running low on food you can talk/hunt instead of talk/repair, since you can finish the radio in decent time. As for your survivor, I used the soldier just because his morale at the start is higher so all the other people go crazy (and get killed) before him. The only downside is that you have no doctor for meds, so if your survivor gets sick you're screwed. I solved this by having the doctor make a bunch of meds before I killed him.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 29, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 25, AcRv wrote:
It's actually possible to win reasonably easily as long as you don't run into really bad luck early on.
I think I "won" once, where I earned access to everything. All the other games it's a question of how long can I last.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Korts »

In post 0, springlullaby wrote:This thread is for sharing links of neat flash/browser games that are fun to play and surprisingly tough to beat.

Here's mine: Gods will be watching
It's about surviving on an alien planet with five action a day. My best so far, I went to day 12: had my radio repaired, had food, medicine, and all my crew relatively sane - then I decided to shoot my android so I could get more ammo just in case, and everyone went batshit crazy, and ran away within 2 days.
First try, 27 days, even repaired the radio, and then I thought I could leave the Doctor, the Psychiatrist and the Engineer on 1 morale overnight so I would have all actions for group therapy. Turns out that was a bad idea--they immediately went mad, and the soldier followed suit next night.
scumchat never die
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 26, Antagon wrote:http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/give-up

OH GOD, WHY DID I TRY TO BEAT THIS?
Have to ask--at what level did you press the button? :P

(I pressed it in the 20s because I was short on time and had to leave to do other stuff. Shame; I
almost
finished the level which gave me trouble. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Antagon »

In post 34, mastin2 wrote:
In post 26, Antagon wrote:http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/give-up

OH GOD, WHY DID I TRY TO BEAT THIS?
Have to ask--at what level did you press the button? :P

(I pressed it in the 20s because I was short on time and had to leave to do other stuff. Shame; I
almost
finished the level which gave me trouble. :P)
29. NEVER AGAIN.
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I'm stupid!"
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For instance, I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." -
The Big Bang Theory

Return to “The Arcade”