Methinks I am obsessed with Assassin's Creed.

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Super Mario
Super Mario
Townie
Super Mario
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Super Mario »

Listen. I've been gone for what, 4 years almost? I don't know what has been here and what isn't. No need to get your panties in a wad.

Anywho. Yeah the sequels far outclassed the original. 3? I dunno. I will have 4 in October so I'll make a topic discussing my thoughts.
I play video games and video game accessories.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

I'm playing AC2 cuz it's free with Gold on XBL but I kind of hate it. It's super boring and there's hardly anything to do. I hear it's the best one too, so idk what the hype about the whole series is. I would've quit playing it a while ago if I didn't feel compelled to beat it and get all the achievements now that I've started it.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by zoraster »

for a game that supposedly centered around stealth killing, i spent a lot of 2 completely circled by enemies just waiting for one to attack so i could counter strike.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 26, evilpacman18 wrote:I'm playing AC2 cuz it's free with Gold on XBL but I kind of hate it. It's super boring and there's hardly anything to do. I hear it's the best one too, so idk what the hype about the whole series is. I would've quit playing it a while ago if I didn't feel compelled to beat it and get all the achievements now that I've started it.
Ehh I think Brotherhood was slightly better but II was pretty awesome.

Enjoy it for the storyline. The gameplay can definitely get repetitive and a little boring. Unless you enjoy just freerunning over 16th (?) century Italy. I know I do.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 27, zoraster wrote:for a game that supposedly centered around stealth killing, i spent a lot of 2 completely circled by enemies just waiting for one to attack so i could counter strike.
exactly! Combat is lame, and you're not rewarded for stealth, in fact it normally takes longer to sneak around than just fight everyone. The puzzles are kinda weak. And most of all, I think I could like free running, but in games where I have loved it (Mario Sunshine, Okami, Saints Row The Third, etc.), it just felt a lot more interactive. Here you just kinda hold RT + A and watch it happen and it gets old really fast.
Although I do love dropping from a synchronize point into a hay bale every time.

But if the story is the best part, it might be a problem that I have no idea what's going on with the story.
Last edited by evilpacman18 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Umbrage »

no Brotherhood was the worst by far
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 30, Umbrage wrote:no Brotherhood was the worst by far
The in-animus storyline was pretty boss.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by Who »

I would say that Rev>Brotherhood>II>I>III
Why?
First there was I.
Then II added stuff.
Then BH added stuff.
Then Rev added stuff.
Then III took everything away.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

Personally, I love AC because of the story. The gameplay isn't the best, but it is not so bad it ruins the game.

With 3, the story was pretty good. I haven't played it in a while, so I don't get what you are talking about, who. From what I remember, Conner is a Native American at a time when the settlers were constantly expanding. His tribe mother or whatever was telling him that they must be neutral, that they must not fight back. This is pretty much dead on for the timeframe. Either do nothing and be nice and hope that the new people will not attack us for our land, or attack them before they attack us. With more and more encroachment happening, there were more calls for violence. This ties back to why Conner wouldn't like or support America during the war until he gained knowledge of the Templars, his tribe's true purpose, and his destiny. It is also why many Native Americans fought for the British during the Revolutionary war, enemy of my enemy and such.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I still love that double-assassination-to-the-throat-animation.
Multiplayer on brotherhood was fun for a little bit.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Who »

My problem with it was that the templars were the good guys and the main character went around murdering them. I can't stand games where the game says the main character is good and I disagree.

The templars in 1 used methods the ends did not justify to attempt to achieve an end they could not achieve.
The templars in 2, BH, and Rev, were definitely the bad guys to the point where the modern day templars looked back on them and said "Our order had lost its way"
The templars in 3 were the good guys.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 23, Mac wrote:Cant say I liked 3. Felt more like red dead redemption than AC.
that would be a good thing if done correctly, since RDR was great.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by Battousai »

Who, who are these good guys you are talking about?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Who »

The group of templars who were attempting to limit pointless violence, protect Connor's village, and do various other good deeds.
Super Mario
Super Mario
Townie
Super Mario
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Super Mario »

I like the option of free aim in AC 4. III had a version of that, but you had to hold down the Y button, or triangle, if you are on a different console, and release. In 4, they have next gen. You know how Battlefield: BC had frostbite? That's basically that type for this game. The physics and graphics, they've smoothed it out, and added more detail for a more vast environment. You are able to take a diving bell into the ocean deep to enter undiscovered, unidentified caverns. They also added sea creature battles. Sharks, for example. You can also hunt for whales and such. A lot of these newly added things are definitely something worth waiting for. They've added changing weather, and a bunch more. The naval warfare looks way better. I'm excited for it is all I'm really trying to say here. Lol.
I play video games and video game accessories.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 26, evilpacman18 wrote:I'm playing AC2 cuz it's free with Gold on XBL but I kind of hate it. It's super boring and there's hardly anything to do. I hear it's the best one too, so idk what the hype about the whole series is. I would've quit playing it a while ago if I didn't feel compelled to beat it and get all the achievements now that I've started it.
there's plenty to do... go treasure hunting, do various sidequests, find glyphs, or just run around killing guards with a broom, man.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 40, Umbrage wrote:
there's plenty to do... go treasure hunting, do various sidequests, find glyphs, or just run around killing guards with a broom, man.
Not like the game doesn't give you objectives... they just all feel the same. The whole game feels unfun. It's a terrible problem to have.

Return to “The Arcade”