Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Post by PJ. »

i have. got to king togwoggle and got blown out in 2 turns. This feels legit impossible.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've beaten it with 6/9 classes. I have Paladin, Druid, and Priest left.

Priest definitely feels the hardest. I think the only viable wincon is to get stealth + OTK buffs with inner fire.

Druid's obviously the easiest so I'm saving it for last.

I've been trying Paladin and I keep getting soooo close. It's entirely dependent on getting the +1/+1 treasure, because that means you can go for a straight up Silver Hand deck and each of those fuckers is 2/2 to start, which is enough tempo to rush things down. I can reliably get 7/8 on Paladin. the last boss is killer.

Some quick tips for other classes:
Hunter: I think I won this by going Summoner bucket whenever possible and picking my secondary bucket around my treasure options. Really not hard if you try to out-aggro every boss.
Mage: Big Spells + stealth. Dropping Wyrm or Antonidas and not having to worry about them getting killed while you take advantage of your insane spells? Preeeeetty good.
Rogue: Pray for the battlecry treasure and just go Jade. Take Greed if you see an Auctioneer.
Shaman: Again, battlecry treasure + Jade/Crier buckets. Can also get away with a Mech build if you don't get the Battlecry treasure. Don't go murlocs, it's a trap.
Warlock: Honestly I don't even think what treasure you pick matters that much. Just pick Swarm every single chance you get, then scoop up some big finisher at some point. I wound up going Swarm like every time and had the Guldan DK to finish it off.
Warrior: Depending on your treasure. Got +1/+1? Go pirate/charge. Have 5+ costs 5? Go legendary/armor.

Honestly a good rule of thumb is that if you can't decide what to pick for treasure and you have the option of taking the "Play 3 secrets at the start of the game" one, take that one. it's versatile and can swing some games in your favor, giving you enough time to dig for whatever you need to pop off
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also pray you don't get Togwaggle. I've only gotten him once and he wrecked me.

Azari feels like she's the easiest, followed by Vustrasz.
Vol's probably middling tier.
The Darkness is next, and Togwaggle is the hardest.
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I've only beaten it with warrior and pally so far - pally I got justicar ring and a bunch of the silver hand cards (adapt silver hand, give +1 attack, the new 5 mana card that gives all silver hands +2/+2 and taunt) and that pretty much carried it for me with some other aggro cards

warrior I just beat yesterday with some beserker cards (esp. an extra blood razor) + king mosh +rotface +a bunch of dragons cards including two deathwing dragonlords and the 5+ mana minions cost 5 treasure, and I got the 1 mana bag that fills your hand eventually. warrior more than any other class I think you can stall a little longer with your hero power+ a few taunts to make the 5+ mana treasure just win you the game, and having a Brawl to start means you can save yourself from the Master of Evolution/Wax copies bosses if they start getting out of control.

Has anyone seen+beaten the Trapped Room yet? I got it once and basically immediately played into several secrets since I had the extra mana crystal treasure and got stomped on, I think the strat for that is to wait until turn 4/5 (or maybe even later) to play anything if you can so you can deal with the inevitable 3/3s that'll come after.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've beaten it with Pally, basically using the same strategy as above- I got a bunch of silver hand stuff with the Invisibility Cloak and Justiciar's Ring, plus Sunkeeper Tarim, a couple Equalities, and so forth, and just face-raced every boss.

As for Trapped Room, I haven't beaten it, because the only time I've seen it was on my very first run. But I did watch DisguisedToast beat it:
Spoiler:
According to the video, the description "Don't touch anything" is actually a hint- Trapped Room only has a handful of minions, and otherwise relies on the hero power to summon stuff. So just sit back, kill whatever minions it summons using spells, if possible, but take as few actions as possible to avoid triggering secrets. There's a maximum of five secrets that each player can have in play, so eventually the Trapped Room's hand will fill with secrets it can't play, and everything else, including the creatures hopefully, will just mill out. By the time you reach Trapped Room, which I think can only spawn as room 7, you've got more cards in your deck than it does, so once it's in mill mode, you just have to click end turn until it dies of fatigue.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 am

Post by implosion »

pally I got justicar ring and a bunch of the silver hand cards (adapt silver hand,
give +1 attack
, the new 5 mana card that gives all silver hands +2/+2 and taunt) and that pretty much carried it for me with some other
aggro
controllish cards like some tirions
^
I've beaten it with Pally, mage, priest. Paladin that was basically my deck, final boss was actually Togwaggle and he was really easy iirc. I have been absolutely crushed by him though. He has a ton of variance. For obvious reasons.

Mage I had a deck with two flamestrikes, everything else unique, and kazakus/reno/ink person but never actually used any of their abilities to strong effect, I mostly just had a bunch of solid-enough control cards and glyph of warding (enemy minions cost +1) and the thing that makes your >5 cost minions cost 5, and hammered out wins with early-played minions. MVP of that run was actually Sindragosa. Final boss of that run was Azari who I just super easily outvalued and crushed with sindragosa+other expensive things with reduced cost before my deck started milling.

Priest run I again took glyph of warding because god it's so good and then your minions have +1/+1 and again had a vaguely controllish deck. A couple cairnes, a kel'thuzad, a ysera, the occasional reincarnation shenanigans. I kept drawing greedy pickaxe in my opening hand, including in the final boss (Vol), which was super super easy because I just had so much of a tempo advantage from greedy pickaxe + glyph of warding letting me play like, t2 pickaxe to clear minions on turns 2 and 3, t4 cairne t5 cairne t7 ysera or some BS like that.

The single boss I've had the most consistent trouble with is the arcane missile + I Serve The Fire Lord mage. Always seem to get her after taking the stealth passive.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

What in the actual fuck are you people talking about...
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by vonflare »

check the single player tab, there's some new singleplayer content called 'dungeon run'
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

Post by DeathNote »

How do you beat Azari the demon dude? He mils you so fucking fast... I can't kill him quick enough. Plus he plays a hella aggressive deck.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 am

Post by DeathNote »

I now have over 40 wins with Shaman but still can't beat the final boss. Man, I am just not very good at this game XD
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

idk Azari was easy for me because I went sorta aggro so it didn't matter if he milled me bc i had enough gas to kill him anyway
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I feel like the solution to most of the bosses in the game is to get the Stealth treasure and SMOrc.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by vonflare »

wish is super underrated. if you play it you win.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by DeathNote »

NOT TRUE!!! I was at 10 and played it to get back to 50 against the darkness then pulled major domo. He just killed it and set my life to 8 and then killed me.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

ok fair enough
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

The most ridiculous Dungeon Run video I've seen is Firebat's 200hp Fatigue Rogue in which he stays above 100hp p much the entire run and makes Darkness look like a joke.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:06 am

Post by vonflare »

In the dungeon I go deeper

in set reviews I was a sleeper

when minions die I get cheaper

You guessed it right I'm corridor creeper
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 4527, xRECKONERx wrote:Also pray you don't get Togwaggle. I've only gotten him once and he wrecked me.
I definitely don't disagree-- but interestingly, all three of my wins have been against Togwaggle. Broken Paladin deck, Shaman, and just now, Warlock: letting him flood his board with Party Portal and Ice Wall, outlasting with DK, winning 8 turns into fatigue.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

It definitely depends on the deck you have, what final boss you want to run into, an unlucky final boss will always cause issues.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 am

Post by DeathNote »

I got to make the 200 hp mill rogue with wish and 8 coldlights.

Still lost in the final boss because I couldn't draw 1 of the FUCKING COLDLIGHTS. I seriously can't believe how bad the draws were that I was hitting the random off shit in my deck and not any of the draw cards.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I can't figure out what to play in hearthstone right now...
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

Corridor Creeper. Literally doesn't matter what you're playing right now, it should have a corridor creeper in it. Best 5 decks right now are basically pirate package + creeper + leeroy. Like put those like 9 cards in a deck. Select 21 cards that can go around it, hit play and you'll probably have something close to good. And even if you're running like...Dragon priest...take 2 cards out and put in corridor creeper
Last edited by PJ. on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

Unfortunately for me I never crafted southsea captain and I really don't want to =(.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:09 am

Post by PJ. »

Should I craft Tarim and 2 Call To Arms or just never play paladin ever and just craft 2 Southsea captains?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm up to 4 on ladder right now with big priest and I keep getting crushed what do to hit those last 4 ranks
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Return to “The Arcade”