Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4625 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

Or not play druid
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 am

Post by PJ. »

Weehaw I hit 5.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:50 am

Post by PJ. »

Things that I noticed climbing from 15 to 5 in like 5 days playing almost exclusively aggro druid. Cubelock matchup is not good but it's not nearly as bad as Big priest which felt like I was the mortor and they were the pestle. As long as you played around defile sufficiently and closed the game out before possessed lackey or before a hard cast 3/9 guy it was fine. The Barnes into obsidian dude into the discover revive from big is just oppressive for a swarm deck. Idk if how can check my own personal stats or if I needed a tracker to do that prior to playing, but I rarely lost to anything that wasn't priest or warlock. My deck rolled over against a Murdock paladin this morning, I got outvalued by a secret hunter once, and that was basically it. I think I was undefeated against aggro paladin, tempo rogue was typically too slow to deal with dudes + mark/power, face hunter got nothing (which is why I abandoned it), I feel like I didn't play any druids past 9-10 and the ones I did play were jade and got crushed. Oh I did split with mage. Either they did nothing and got rolled or they got their explosive runes out early enough to stop my wall of dudes then dropped their cheap 5/5 but it wasn't a discouraging match up by any means. Shaman and Warrior don't exist.

Of the priest, highlander was far and away the easiest match up and I only saw it a couple times, spiteful without dragons seemed to come up a bit and that was ezpz(or they just didn't draw their dudes), but the dragon decks with the 3/3 board wipe guy weren't a cake walk but weren't nearly as impossible as big.

Cubelock was probably 40-60. Crushed other warlocks.

I might build the pally deck and mess around cause I'm p sure I can't drop from 5, right?

Tl;Dr: if you're trying to grind today for your golden purple, try aggro druid because it as an even or better match up with everything beside the control warlock decks and big priest and if you have patches it's probably the cheapest deck by far(dust price cheap not like..cheese cheap)
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4628 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I watched Klick get Legend this month with what I titled "What is this terrible garbage Paladin deck and why are you running the legendary weapon in Aggro?"
I'm just mad that Shaman doesn't seem to have a deck this expansion. :/ I just want to evolve!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4629 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

I just crafted that deck, it's STRONG. it's not as easy to play as druid, imo.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4630 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:00 am

Post by DeathNote »

I'm a very poor sport when it comes to this game lol.

I play against hunter and swing my firefly into a wandering monster. He gets eaten by a 3/3.

Next game, I play wandering monster after my opponent plays firefly. He trades into my 5/1. I play another wandering monster to handle the second part of firefly, still trades into yet ANOTHER 5/1.

I concede because of how tilted that makes me.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4631 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4627, PJ. wrote:Things that I noticed climbing from 15 to 5 in like 5 days playing almost exclusively aggro druid. Cubelock matchup is not good but it's not nearly as bad as Big priest which felt like I was the mortor and they were the pestle. As long as you played around defile sufficiently and closed the game out before possessed lackey or before a hard cast 3/9 guy it was fine. The Barnes into obsidian dude into the discover revive from big is just oppressive for a swarm deck. Idk if how can check my own personal stats or if I needed a tracker to do that prior to playing, but I rarely lost to anything that wasn't priest or warlock. My deck rolled over against a Murdock paladin this morning, I got outvalued by a secret hunter once, and that was basically it. I think I was undefeated against aggro paladin, tempo rogue was typically too slow to deal with dudes + mark/power, face hunter got nothing (which is why I abandoned it), I feel like I didn't play any druids past 9-10 and the ones I did play were jade and got crushed. Oh I did split with mage. Either they did nothing and got rolled or they got their explosive runes out early enough to stop my wall of dudes then dropped their cheap 5/5 but it wasn't a discouraging match up by any means. Shaman and Warrior don't exist.

Of the priest, highlander was far and away the easiest match up and I only saw it a couple times, spiteful without dragons seemed to come up a bit and that was ezpz(or they just didn't draw their dudes), but the dragon decks with the 3/3 board wipe guy weren't a cake walk but weren't nearly as impossible as big.

Cubelock was probably 40-60. Crushed other warlocks.

I might build the pally deck and mess around cause I'm p sure I can't drop from 5, right?

Tl;Dr: if you're trying to grind today for your golden purple, try aggro druid because it as an even or better match up with everything beside the control warlock decks and big priest and if you have patches it's probably the cheapest deck by far(dust price cheap not like..cheese cheap)
From playing a lot of big priest last season, I can say that when that deck loses to aggro druid its due to its own fail rate, you don't have tricks like tarim or giving all your dudes divine shield like paladin, so its really hard for you to beat just one full sized statue.

That being said, the fail rate for big priest IS super high. Even if you hard mulligan for barnes, which you don't do any way because the removal is too important to also mulligan for against aggro, you have about a 20% chance of hitting it in your opener. (each card you keep lowers that chance by a little over 3%.) Then you have additional 4%-5% or so each draw step. Its not super likely to hit it on four. About 1 in every 4 games. And on top of that, sometimes it pulls nonsense. If I hit ysera, for instance, you still are probably a huge favorite to win the game.

This is part of why I stopped playing big priest. I got really tired of not drawing barnes or getting nice turn 6 6 mana 5/5 barnes. If I could guarantee that barnes was in my opener every game I think big priest would be the best deck in the format, but "the best deck in the format every 5-6 games" is not nearly as enticing.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4632 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've started playing aggro hunter, and frankly, it feels like a worse version of tempo rogue.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4633 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I mean, isn't secret hunter a better version of Aggro hunter right now?

Because you just aim to turn 5 4 3/3's and win off that.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4634 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Aggro and Secret Hunter are basically the same deck at this point. Aggro is still playing Cloaked Huntress and the Spellstone, they just play an overall lower curve.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And neither deck is very good.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4636 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 am

Post by PJ. »

Are we calling Face Hunter the "aggro" hunter? If so, it's nothing like secret hunter and I think it's the better deck of the two. Unfortunately though I think the best hunter deck might be the pre-Kobolds midrange hunter deck except it replaces kill command with flanking strike.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4637 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:31 am

Post by PJ. »

But it doesn't matter cause midrange is out classed by tempo rogue and face is outclassed by the druid and paladin aggto decks. The reason Face is not great is kinda the same reason pirate warrior is dead. Face is totally fine to get to 13ish with tho.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4638 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 am

Post by DeathNote »

whaaa i wanna move past rank 18 but keep losing.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4639 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

How? I don't mean to sound like shea, but like...put the mans on the ground, punch face. I'm not going to say I can get to 10 with basics or anything, but getting to 15 with any budget aggro deck shouldn't be a problem. After about a week most of the good players are already back past 10.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4640 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by PJ. »

What are you playing? What's giving you trouble? Why aren't you winning?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4641 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Tempo rogue then face Hunter when that wasn't working. I played and lost three Hunter games today vs no spells Hunter, zoolock, and taunt warrior.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4642 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Zoolock won because kaledesh on 2.

Hunter won because back to back explosive traps and i had no good attacks.

Warrior... I don't remember.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4643 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by PJ. »

what does your tempo deck look like?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4644 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Do remember that it's still early in the season, it's easier to climb later in the month because the quality of players goes down.

That said i do have to say, cheapish/budget agro decks are going to have a hard time against proper agro decks.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4645 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by PJ. »

Okay, but ~30% of your games are going to be against bad players playing slow decks or decks heavily reliant on proper mulligans. Secret Mage, Dragon Priest, and Control Lock are going to be roughly 1/3rd of your games. Play around their bullshit. Another 14% is gonna be bad players playing highlander and jade. So that's just under half your games against decks that you should just storm through. The only decks with a large market share that are gonna out value you early are tempo rogue and aggro paladin..that's about 15% the res of the decks are just assorted bad stuff
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4646 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

http://www.metabomb.net/hearthstone/dec ... thstone-76

Pretty much this deck but sub out Corridor Creepers for Tar Creepers just because I don't have dust to craft them.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4647 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

dust something to craft them. corridor creepers ARE standard right now
green shirt thursdays
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4648 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Can't help but agree. If you're going to craft only one thing from this set it should be 2 corridor creeper.

Also, I don't understand the statement "I cant afford to craft them." Do you guys just wait to build up dust naturally? Just dust things that are unlikely to see play. Like, whenever you need to. I don't understand not being able to get 800 dust very easily just from dusting the nonsense epics and rares you wont ever play.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4649 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4642, DeathNote wrote:Zoolock won because kaledesh on 2.

Hunter won because back to back explosive traps and i had no good attacks.

Warrior... I don't remember.
Wait...Question. Are you keeping your 1 drop pirates in your opener/playing them early?

That could be a big part of your problem. You pretty much don't ever want to pull patches from the deck with anything besides the lord.

Return to “The Arcade”