Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Right, the problem with Wizbang isn't that he's broken (most of the decklists are playable, just really unoptimized), it's that he's an organizational nightmare for a BO5 format tournament, and organizers decided that banning a card that probably nobody wanted to play anyway was less of a hassle than finding a workaround.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Klick »

Made it to Legend just now with the Spiteful Druid deck I was talking about last night. 41-16, a 72% winrate. It went through a few changes, but here's the list that got me to legend if anyone wants to try it:

### Spiteful Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Mecharoo
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 1x (3) Blood Knight
# 2x (3) Crypt Lord
# 2x (3) Greedy Sprite
# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 1x (3) Stoneskin Basilisk
# 1x (3) Thrallmar Farseer
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (5) Fungalmancer
# 2x (5) Giggling Inventor
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Tending Tauren
# 2x (7) Spiteful Summoner
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICCt4F8wX9BcLOAtLTApziAuH7AvX8Avb9AqCAAwr1BevCApvLAofOApHQAtHhAvnmApboAtfrAuL4AgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Klick »

It could probably be made budget with similar success really easily; the only required legendary is Keleseth.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

im down but i dont own any of the last two expansions
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'll join in too
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 am

Post by PJ. »

I'd play, but probably only standard.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 am

Post by DeathNote »

There are so many decks that you can't interact with anymore.

Mechathun decks or Rogue Spell Kill.

These OTK combos are fun to play and all but they need counter play. So far I can only think of Warlock.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Typically, the counter to a combo deck is "aggro their face before they combo". In the current meta, that generally means that you're either playing aggro or playing combo, since midrange and control decks tend to just die to combo because they can't pressure enough. Except for Warlock, which is the only class in standard with hand disruption right now.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 am

Post by DeathNote »

Yeah I was running some aggro for a little while but get crushed by Priest who just has such a great control game.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Fate »

We could do a whizbang only tournament

hue

hue
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

Round robin?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Did that tourney not finish? I lost to Greyice before it got canceled I guess, but I'd play again! Especially now that I know how to play classes besides shaman... >.>
I'd be fine with people using whizbang, you can't ban a class but uh they can't really choose what they play either lol
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 4884, Fate wrote:We could do a whizbang only tournament

hue

hue
My Whizbang luck is terrible, and I get all the crappy decks any time I use him. Ironically, my brother got a Golden Whizbang as his legendary from the Mega Bundle. This means he can play with a full golden deck and a golden hero whenever he pleases, and Whizbang has blessed him with better decks rolls too.

Man, last time I played a full golden deck, I ran 2X Amani Berserker and 2X Raging Worgen after buying enough card packs and making enough cards into dust to make my "Enrage Mage" deck completely golden. Eventually I had to change things up when Naxxramas came out and everyone started playing Deathrattle Hunter and Sludge Belchers. Man, those were the days.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

ayyy got to rank 5 for the first time

odd rogue is still p. good
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

first time legend off of a rank 7 season start, was rank 1 at one point in whispers of the old gods but aside from that i've never been super high rank.

I ended up making mecha'thun druid because it seemed
cool
and was within my dust range thinking it was a low tier / meme deck but it's actually staggeringly good. you have near autowin, like 95% winrates versus a staggering chunk of the meta. odd paladin, secret/spell hunter, zoolock, even lock w/o geist, odd warrior, odd/kingsbane rogue, murloc mage, even/shudderwock shaman, besides zoolock/even lock which sometimes gets out of control the matchup is ridiculously favoured. in terms of bad matchups, priest decks generally average 35% winrate and depend on them getting a bad roll, deathrattle hunter is nasty like 25% winrate, big spell mage and anticombo lock are just concedes. even paladin and deathrattle rogue are 50/50. druids vary from token which is unlosable and big/taunt which is near unwinnable but i did snag a win off of taunt by getting going early and whacking it in the face. thing is with all the decks that classically run geist absolutely gone from the meta from 7-1 it was a very smooth climb, i encountered 1 big spell mage and 0 anticombo locks in ranked. given that the deck has no cards that are dead or even weak (like moonfire) draws versus aggro besides mecha'thun itself (which can still be played since generally you have the survivability in aggressive matchups to have time to play a 10/10) and the ability to snag wins off of bad matchups through playing wannabe token druid and going face, it doesn't even really feel like a combo deck as much as it feels like a taunt heavy removal heavy deck that also has great card draw and happens to automatically win on turn 13. it does take a lot of organization in terms of how you organize your cards so it's not a deck that you can like autopilot and whack peoples faces or play reactively, but it feels like it really rewards good consistent execution as opposed to high rolling into free wins.

it's also definitely the most fun deck that i have ever played with the possible exception MSoG questing miracle rogue, but that deck often felt like draw luck was the most important factor.

decklist is extremely generic, I took the highest winrate deck off of hsreplay to start with and at no point felt like there were any cards worth even considering changing out. i have toyed with dropping the 2 oaken summons and golems for bloodmage thalnos/twig of the world tree/flobbidinous floop/a second starfall, but I don't have the dust to craft both the non-thalnos requisite legendaries so I've stuck with what I have.

Innervate x2
Lesser Jasper Spellstone x2
Naturalize x2
Wild Growth x2
Wrath x2
Ferocious Howl x2
Branching Paths x2
Ironwood Goldem x2
Oaken Summons x2
Swipe x2
Arcane Tyrant x2
Nourish x2
Starfall x1
Spreading Plague x2
Malfurion the Pestilent x2
Mecha'thun x2
Ultimate Infestation x1

turns out I played more than 50 games because i forgot that I played quite a bit like really early november but i'm not sure how much of that is ranked/casual. 101 games
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

GRATS! and the fact you did it with a "meme" deck gives me hope.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So we're getting balance changes:

Wild Growth now costs three
Nourish now costs six
Level Up! now costs six
Saronite Chain Gang summons a basic Saronite Chain Gang instead of a copy
Leeching Poison now costs one, but only gives Lifesteal for one turn

So it looks like they're weakening Druid ramp, taking a power card out of Odd Paladin, taking away the infinite Shudderwock combo, and lowering Kingsbane's power level.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:24 am

Post by PJ. »

Not to mention taking power out of prince kaladesh and the warlock 1 cost buff thing.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:58 am

Post by DeathNote »

Yeah get reckt Druid
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4892, PJ. wrote:Not to mention taking power out of prince kaladesh and the warlock 1 cost buff thing.
And even Pally, which I think still plays Valy sometimes.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wild discard warlock just got nutser
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

yea

when the druid nerf came out i was rank 650 with a 64% winrate
that dropped to 58% and rank 1500 with a ridiculous 2/11 streak before i stopped playing the class

i'm back up to 400 with paladin
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

More balance changes coming:

Cold Blood costs 2
Flametongue Totem costs 3
Equality costs 4
Hunter's Mark costs 2
Lesser Emerald Spellstone costs 6

So it looks like they're trying to weaken Aggro burst mostly, and Hunter generally.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Warcraft2#11748

haven't been able to crack 15 in like forever /shame
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

oh yeah, if you want some free dust for next expansion (releasing tomorrow i think?) craft any of baku/genn or any specific odd/even cards (black cat, glitter moth, that shaman spark eel, gloom stag, black cat) since they're being rotated to the hall of fame and you'll get a dust refund from them and can disenchant them afterwards too (only craft them until you have 1 of baku/genn and 2 of the rest since you only get refunded the amount that could potentially go in a deck)

i made a 2nd glitter moth and then managed to win 3 games, the first of which being "odd priest except i forgot to take out several even cards when making the deck" and the last two being a generic odd priest deck with ysera in it

so being at rank 20/19 isn't all bad

Return to “The Arcade”