Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4750 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

You two should post your battle tags so we can all add you
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Mina »

Grendel #12428. Please unread my last post out of fairness to a newbie so you won't know how to counter literally my only trick. :P
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by PJ. »

Saw a list for spiteful druid that seemed safe to craft considering I had everything beside swift messenger, 1 greedy spirit, and lich king(seems like a safe craft to me, considering everything that curves to 8 runs it basically). Deck seems pretty solid, but also one of those, "all my cards are purple and orange and I'm just gonna out value you at every slot" decks. Casting Ultimate Infestation off a Archivist is just rude tho.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 4751, Mina wrote:Grendel #12428. Please unread my last post out of fairness to a newbie so you won't know how to counter literally my only trick. :P
Combo priest might actually be a real thing tho.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by Mina »

I mean, I got the trick online when I was trying to beat the ice boss that heals to full health every round, so it's obviously well known. I didn't have enough gold or dust to copy the entire deck, but the most important cards in the combo were doable.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Post by PJ. »

Right, but you're going to obviously be earning dust, coins, and packs as you play. If you have the base of that deck, you should be able to move into a less budget version of it and it be relatively strong, as it seems to be a "real" deck moving forward.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

BBmolla#1607

Evolution decks are dead rip my one decent standard deck
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:15 am

Post by Mina »

Yeah, I like that deck a lot (although I'm sure some of the cards in it are suboptimal). It just feels a bit cheap because I didn't come up with the gimmick myself. And also, I'm not very versatile.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:27 am

Post by PJ. »

Very few people come up with decks, due to there just only being enough support for so many archtypes. You're better of taking an existing archetype and adding in your own little tech than trying to strike paydirt by trying to pave your own path. I think the format that caters more towards trying to find something new is wild, but as a new player you quite simply don't have the resources.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

^

most of the good 'gimmicks' tend to be pretty straight-forward synergy type things anyway, the best (though still not very good) deck I played off and on for like a year when I first started was basically 'minions that get stronger when things get damaged' warrior deck plus whirlwinds/inner rage/etc, inner fire priest is a little similar except it can be a lot more competitive since you can potentially just one-hit them to death without giving them time to wipe out your huge minion. If you decide to keep playing it I'd probably craft shadow visions when you get some spare dust, since it can let you find the divine spirits/inner fires in your deck a lot easier.

imo just find some cards you like to play and swap out some stuff that you think would be better against the decks you're playing against (oozes if you see a lot of people with weapons, silences if there are a lot of taunts/minions that get buffed, some 5 attack minions if you see a lot of minions with 5 health, etc). Except maybe ignore changing the deck around to beat the voidlord warlock because fuck that deck and 99% of newbie decks aren't going to have a chance of beating it anyway unless you're being super super aggressive or can basically one-hit them to death before turn 7 or so.

Also, in the first 10 packs of every set you're guaranteed a legendary (orange) card, so once you open enough witchwood ones to get that you might want to open a few lich king packs ones until you get a legendary there too, a lot of the legendaries in there are hero cards that are really fun to play with.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:59 am

Post by PJ. »

Right the only expensive cards in the combo priest list I'm seeing is lyra (sp?) And shadow visions. I presume you can do lady in water too
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 am

Post by PJ. »

And the best part of shadow visions is that in all likelihood, you're going to get an entire year of mileage out of them because they fit in basically every priest deck that isn't running spiteful package.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Mina »

I'll check what I have in my deck when I get home (don't have the app on my phone yet). But I'll look into getting Shadow Visions. So far, my worst matches have been when I get shitty card draws and I wait turn after turn for a Divine Spirit/Inner Fire as they kill all my 0 attack/high HP minions, so that would be great. Silence spells are a good idea because taunt minions are everywhere, although I don't have a lot of space--I've been prioritizing having my own taunt minions.

I'm mad at myself for wasting 200 dust on crafting two minions with a passive that disables hero powers just to beat that one Knights of the Frozen Throne boss, but it was useless because it'd just immediately KO my guys and heal anyway. (Maybe I needed Stealth?)

I would like to learn how to play other classes and have more varied decks at some point, though. Next step is figuring out how to beat the boss who can only be damaged with weapons when I own like 2 shitty weapon cards per class.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 am

Post by pickemgenius »

turn on hearthstone inn-vitational

cauldron into unstable evolution into using it on a corridor creeper making it tyrantus.

hilarious.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

I am the worst Hearthstone player NA.

I've played 12 games today and haven't won one yet.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm so mad. I came up with a sick Glinda Warlock deck all on my own, only for Shadow to link me to the inn-vitational and dog to be playing it almost card-for-card on stream. I won't get any credit for my work :(
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So I just played a game of the random brawl with yogg pulling out noggenfogger on my end and missing his face with yogg+mayor while dodging lethal rag shots from the other end for 3 turns with him at 2 hp, and then he pulls a flame leviathan from his deck to kill himself.

10/10 would play again
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I was playing rogue, and pulled a Glinda Crowskin off a Blink Fox, then finished an opponent by playing Glinda+four Southsea Deckhands for lethal. That was pretty nice.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Post by Klick »

MY JAWS THAT BITE
MY CLAWS THAT CATCH
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4768, Klick wrote:MY JAWS THAT BITE
MY CLAWS THAT CATCH
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

the fact this card got through playtesting is astounding
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

From a purely power standpoint, I think it's fine- it's a lot like exodia mage, it's a deck that makes highlight reels because of the spectacular kills, but is very skill intensive in actual play, and the win rate is low across the board. It's just the fact that the animations can take three minutes per turn make it so annoying.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I'd say it's worse then exodia mage, because shaman doesn't have quite the stall that mage used to either.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4774 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Klick »

I'd say it's better? Not as many dead cards in your hand all game, and the prerequisites more actively help you stay alive and are cards you would consider putting in your control deck anyway (besides grumble). I feel the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Regardless it's 10x cooler than exodia mage and that's what matters.

Return to “The Arcade”