Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4741 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Mina »

I just started playing this game!

But I think I'm too much of a casual to contribute anything else to this thread. I'm at the "choose basically random cards and play whatever I draw" level.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4749 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Mina »

Molla, we should add each other!

D1-2 of me playing Hearthstone: I lose a lot.
D3 of me playing Hearthstone: I discover the Inner Fire + Divine Spirit + Lightwell/Unpowered Steambot combo, and then win a lot.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4751 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Mina »

Grendel #12428. Please unread my last post out of fairness to a newbie so you won't know how to counter literally my only trick. :P
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4754 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by Mina »

I mean, I got the trick online when I was trying to beat the ice boss that heals to full health every round, so it's obviously well known. I didn't have enough gold or dust to copy the entire deck, but the most important cards in the combo were doable.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4757 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:15 am

Post by Mina »

Yeah, I like that deck a lot (although I'm sure some of the cards in it are suboptimal). It just feels a bit cheap because I didn't come up with the gimmick myself. And also, I'm not very versatile.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4762 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Mina »

I'll check what I have in my deck when I get home (don't have the app on my phone yet). But I'll look into getting Shadow Visions. So far, my worst matches have been when I get shitty card draws and I wait turn after turn for a Divine Spirit/Inner Fire as they kill all my 0 attack/high HP minions, so that would be great. Silence spells are a good idea because taunt minions are everywhere, although I don't have a lot of space--I've been prioritizing having my own taunt minions.

I'm mad at myself for wasting 200 dust on crafting two minions with a passive that disables hero powers just to beat that one Knights of the Frozen Throne boss, but it was useless because it'd just immediately KO my guys and heal anyway. (Maybe I needed Stealth?)

I would like to learn how to play other classes and have more varied decks at some point, though. Next step is figuring out how to beat the boss who can only be damaged with weapons when I own like 2 shitty weapon cards per class.

Return to “The Arcade”