Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:16 am

Post by CultivationTheory »

Hypothetical: What if Buzzard triggered every time one of your beasts died? Too similar to Cult Master? Still too powerful when attached to UTH?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:20 am

So then if people want to continue playing Hunter for some reason, is Cultist now better than Buzzard?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:54 am

I haven't seen a whole lot of Secrets Hunter, but I think it would be an interesting way to go about a Control Hunter build. I imagine that build would rely very heavily on Eaglehorn Bow, though, which is a significant weakness.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Cult Master is interesting in that regard, though. If you're at parity with your opponent and the board is fairly full, you can drop Cult Master before trading to hopefully keep your momentum up. And it will still combo with Unleash, just not quite as efficiently as Buzzard will. The fact that it doesn't catch you up if you're behind is a huge drawback, however.
The fact that no high-ranking constructed deck runs Cult Master is probably very telling. I'm probably just stuck with the concept in my head because I want Buzzard to trigger on death for flavor reasons.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 am

Has anyone else been having issues with minions with targetted battlecries lately? I just habitually drag my cards when playing them, but lately when dragging a minion like Fire Elemental onto the field, the game will cancel playing the card. Normally, I can just drag it onto the field and then click again for the battlecry. What gives?

Also, I don't know what's up, but I feel like I became a thousand times better at this game overnight. I'm at a higher rank than I've ever been and gone from averaging four wins in an arena to seven or eight. Feels good, man. But now that I'm at the high ranks, I feel like I'm struggling due to not owning that many cards. Is it cool to ask for advice on spending my dust?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Been playing with a Shaman deck that I've been really enjoying lately, but good old Zoolock interests me too. Would it be better for me to focus on finishing one deck first or build them both as convenient?
Also, save and focus on finishing Naxxramas or roll the dice and play arena?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:08 am

So I've been on a bit of a high lately and came crashing down with a 1-3 arena finish. The worst kind of losses, where you feel like you couldn't have done anything about it. But afterwards I pulled my first legendary from the reward pack. Immediately went out, put my new Malygos in a crappy miracle deck, and proceeded to Sinister Strike people for 8 damage. I finally understand why people enjoy playing that deck.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:49 pm

I just learned about Handmage the other day and was super stoked to build it, but now I'm watching Day9 play it and he's getting utterly wrecked. Dreams have been crushed.

Though I have to say, Math Warrior is hilarious fun.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:08 am

I always thought Control Warrior countered most burn-related decks.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:20 am

Agreed. Ambusher is situational, Taz'Dingo and especially Yeit are basically always good.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:36 pm

With the abundance of silence effects, as well as every Shaman running Hex and every Mage running Polymorph, I honestly think Deathlord is a meh card. Your opponent will usually be able to take care of it in a way that benefits him.
The only time I've seen it go well is when my opponent buffed it up in a Divine Spirit Wombo-Combo Priest deck, and that feel short when- surprise, surprise- I silenced it.
That said, I want it in the game solely for moments like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yqd6UnxuII

Oman wrote:Shaman reincarnated a Kel'Thuzad. Summons another Kel. They both resurrect each other if you can't kill both in one turn.

Somehow, every time my opponent plays Reincarnate always results in me getting butthurt.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:45 pm

@Oman:
If you want something new in your Warrior deck, I've seen quite a few people at various ranks running the Amani Berserker/Raging Worgen combo deck. Alternatively, here's another combo Warrior deck that I've been working towards lately that can be a blast. It's fairly cheap aside from the legendaries, which are actually fairly easy to replace.

Spoiler: Math Warrior
2x Inner Rage
2x Execute
2x Amani Berserker
2x Battle Rage
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Unstable Ghoul
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Warsong Commander
2x Death's Bite
2x Gnomish Inventor
2x Kor'kron Elite
Loatheb
2x Sludge Belcher
Black Knight
Ragnaros
Grommash Hellscream
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:39 am

@Oman: Wooooooooah. Noice.

@Saki: If you've got twenty bucks to burn, sure. There are several cards in there that have become staples. But grinding and paying in gold is, of course, an option.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:01 am

At the end of the day, Naxx provides you with the free cards as well as several hours of gameplay in a format you wouldn't get otherwise (much more if you have the guts for Heroic mode).

If you're going to go the gold route, don't let the number get you down. Buying it with gold means you're always paying in installments, so you can take a break from the grinding if it wears you down. Spend some of it on packs or Arena between wings.

Or hell, I guess you could divide the cost up between gold and cash if you don't feel like dropping the full $20.

Saki wrote:Used Animal Companion vs Kel'Thuzad

Got Mr. Bigglesworth

worth the $20

I laughed for like a full day the first time I saw that.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:43 am

In post 1159, Glork wrote:That feeling when you start 7-0 in arena... And then run into three god draws and bow out just like that.

Incidentally, I learned something. I used to build my decks with way too steep a curve. I've started loading up on more efficient 2-3 drops, which has served me well.

Rule #1 of Arena: Curve low. I believe 8-10 things to play on turn 1 or 2 is the standard, yeah?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Playing awful budget Rogue against Secrets Mage. Drop an SI7 Agent and kill his Mad Scientist with the Battlecry. Mad Scientist fetches Mirror Image and Mirror Image copies my Agent. Would someone explain to me how this make sense in any universe?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 am

That makes sense. I guess I've spent so much time with Magic that I just sort of shortcutted triggers working similarly in my head.
At least the other guy said "Sorry." I think it may have taken him by surprise as well.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:36 am

This community makes me sad. I want to add people after matches to talk about the game and compliment their decks, but they never accept because they think I want to rage at them. :(
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm

So I'm running Mage Arena and I get Pyroblast in my first pack, against Shade of Naxx and the 3/3 Pirate. I figure it's a pretty easy pick here and I pick up the Pyroblast.

Then, a little while later, I have to pick between second Pyroblast, Faceless Manipulator, and Pirate Man. Taking the Manipulator is totally the right choice in most circumstances, right?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:21 am

In post 1188, AngryPidgeon wrote:Pyro is probably the right choice. Faceless isnt amazing in arena.

I would have picked first Pyro over Faceless in a heartbeat. I was just unsure because I didn't know whether I wanted a second Pyro in my deck.

Return to “The Arcade”