Monaco

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Monaco

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Anyone else play? I really think the art style is cool in this game, though I hear it's better with friends to play with because single player is kinda boring so far
green shirt thursdays
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Nexus »

I own it, but haven't really played it yet.

Obligatory there's a video game thread comment.
Trans rights are human rights.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I just bought this too. We should play this.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Glork »

One of my friends just gifted me this game. Haven't tried it out yet.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

It's super confusing because the art is so heavily stylized. Pick a class, know what your class does, run through levels and try to get as much money/points as possible. The issue I have with the game is that playing it as a "heist game" doesn't make much sense because you can just brute force all the levels and get the same score.
green shirt thursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I play monaco alot on steam. I love the game

I am
DT.Dangerzone1584 (nickname)
nojkoor1584 (steam account name)

Feel free to friend me or play monaco with me sometime

PF's current character tier list
Locksmith < Lookout < Hacker < Mole < Pickpocket < Red Head/Blonde < Cleaner < Gentleman
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have been considering getting into Let's plays so i can make a little cash for the lots of gaming i do. considering starting with this game as a way of improving its comunities since it has gooten some cool new patches and levels

classic mode tier list (in my oppinion)
Locksmith <lookout < hacker < Mole < Pickpocket < Red Head/Blonde < Cleaner < Gentleman

enhanced mode tier list (in my oppinion)
Locksmith < Hacker < lookout < Red Head/Blonde < Pickpocket < Mole < Cleaner < Gentleman

zombie mode tier list (in my oppinion)
locksmith < Pickpocket < gentlemen < mole < Hacker < lookout < Red Head/Blonde < Cleaner

(should be noted the space between tiers is very small this game is very well balanced)
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Who »

Why no love for the lookout?
Also, how is Mole the worst in zombie mode? Mole is the best in zombie mode for me. But that may just be because I don't collect coins in zombie mode.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Umbrage »

Hacker's pretty good, better than Gentleman on certain levels. But then I still haven't beaten the game. :( For some reason I can never get an online game going, and I'm stuck on the Palace level. Those damn lasers...
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

I actually think lookout has most potential of all classes as it gets into stairs and vents fastest and can see all enemies and coins. You have most knowledge of your surrounds the one problem is though you have the knowledge there isn't alot you can do with it other than hide in vents and stairs. lookout and red head are best support roles for that reason with redheads ability to resurrect people the fastest. I often go redhead when playing with noobs so i can pick them up when they fall

In zombie mode explosive zombies can wreck walls for you. Its not that mole is bad, its that he is unecessary and obsolete one something else can do his job. plus the wall wrecking he does can be a double edge sword, a zombie can follow your holes to you pretty relentlessly. Him and lock are likly worse and i should bump up hacker in zombie

I like the hacker and how his hacks are faster now. Version one he had power to get hacks from plug but his hacks moved as slow as everyone elses so he could still logically get more but they didn't help much. especially if the plugs random placement was horrible. I should consider him better than he is but then i get bad plug placement too often. They need to make that non-random

zombie mode has some brokenness to it. Cleaner gets a zombie and kills it instead of putting it to sleep. get him, lookout and redhead in zombie mode and you are unstoppable. See and kill all guards and redhead picks you up so you can do it again should cleaner die

@umbrage,
I will play with you. add me on steam and message me sometime. my id is in one of the earlier posts

when i get arround to let's plays of this game I will likly do some tutorials and perhaps recordings of old levels then do a blind run of the final patches levels

edit: my opinionated tier post has been updated some*
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “The Arcade”