Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

the improved on the shittiness
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

None of the Hangman's Gambits were better than shit, don't @ me
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

All hangman's gambits are bad. Logic dive was great.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Logic drive was pretty good, yeah.

I finished the second case, and I'm pleased. I thought it was a clever mystery. The video game setup was kinda weird, though.

Also, I'm now double done with Nagito's shit.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Eh it took me a but longer to be done with Nagito's shit
I'll tell you when that happened when you get there
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

My superior brain power allows me to get fed up with Nagito's shit way faster than you normies.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Aight.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I really enjoy the Danganronpa games, but I feel like I could get the entire trilogy to under an hour if all the repetitive dialog was deleted.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Do you like Nagito yet?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I like that he almost died of Despair Disease, I don't like that he didn't die of Despair Disease.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 557, Sudo_Nym wrote:I really enjoy the Danganronpa games, but I feel like I could get the entire trilogy to under an hour if all the repetitive dialog was deleted.
What do you mean by repetitive dialogue?
<Embrace The Void>

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 560, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 557, Sudo_Nym wrote:I really enjoy the Danganronpa games, but I feel like I could get the entire trilogy to under an hour if all the repetitive dialog was deleted.
What do you mean by repetitive dialogue?
I mean the way that, when anything happens, the response is for the cast to stand in a big circle and discuss it. Which would be fine, except that the discussion usually consists of the cast repeating different variations of the same line, which is usually just the banal assertion that a thing happened.

For example, I just finished case 3. When you see the video of the woman you think is Ibuki about to hang herself, Hajime is panicked, and says he needs to get to the music venue to try and save her. That part's fine. The part that isn't fine is that, rather than thinking "I need to get over there" and then going, he has a three minute inner monologue about how crazy it is that this is happening, and how he needs to do something right now. As soon as you leave the hospital, you're then stopped from getting the music venue again, so that Hajime can have another three minute inner monologue about how Ibuki is about hang herself and that he needs to race over there as soon as possible. Constantly stopping the action so that Hajime can think about the urgency of the action really undercuts that urgency.

Then when you get to the music venue, it's too late, so Hajime goes to the motel to find some help, and the conversation to get Chiaki to come along consists of Hajime saying some variation of "There's an emergency, Ibuki hanged herself" and Chiaki saying some variation of "Ibuki hanged herself at the music venue? That's surprising!" back and forth for five minutes without any new information before they finally go.

When they actually get to the music venue, they find Ibuki hanging, but now Hiyoko's body is also there. This is then followed up by every still-living member of the cast taking turns saying "Ibuki is dead! Hiyoko is also dead! This is surprising!" for almost ten minutes. Again, there's no new information; they essentially just repeat the information that Ibuki and Hiyoko are dead for a long time before you're allowed to actually experience any gameplay.

And that's not the only time that happens. Any time something happens in DR1, or the first half of DR2, you can count that the next five minutes of dialogue is going to be the entire cast just repeating "A thing happened!" for five minutes before anything else happens.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And that's not counting the fact that you get almost 20 different flashbacks to the video of "Ibuki" hanging herself, 5 of which happen less than two minutes after you first see it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh sorry Mr. I’m perfectly calm and collected whenever I find
my
friend’s dead bodies
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It isn't about panicking. I'd accept the panicking, if that's what it was. What I don't accept is characters talking about the incredible urgency of a situation, then doing nothing but talking about how urgent the situation is for five minutes before actually doing something. I also don't accept "panic" in the form of each character repeating their lines, one after another, and then going back around the horn with the same line again, then standing in a circle talking about they all said they were panicking, and then a flashback to when they started panicking, then Hajime having an inner monologue about how everybody panicked, and then a flashback to the event that caused the panic, then Hajime having an inner monologue about the flashback that caused the panic, and then a flashback to the time Hajime had an inner monologue about a flashback, and then everybody repeating about how panicked they are, and then a flashback to the time Monokuma said they had to have a trial to solve the murder, and then a flashback to the time Monokuma told them that one of them is the murderer, and then Hajime having an inner monologue about how he was going to have to investigate the crime just like the last two times, and then a flashback to the execution scenes from the first two trials, and then Hajime having an inner monologue about the executions, and then another flashback to the video where "Ibuki" hangs herself, and then Hajime having an inner monologue to remind us that a murder took place, and then finally getting a gameplay sequence.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Parama »

Y'all in here ready to hear the good word of hope
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Play the final trial of DR1, and do a shot every time Junko says "despair"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

god no
I remember someone was playing a drinking game where sips were intended but was doing shots and did 23 and ended up needing to go to the hospital or something
<Embrace The Void>

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Parama »

Does that count as assisting suicide
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Robo-Nekomaru kicks ass
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Dammit
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

In post 566, Sudo_Nym wrote:Play the final trial of DR1, and do a shot every time Junko says "despair"
A body has been discovered!
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Parama »

In post 569, Sudo_Nym wrote:Robo-Nekomaru kicks ass
In post 570, Sudo_Nym wrote:Dammit
Never get attached to any character ever
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

See, here's another example of what I mean. Nagito is dead, and now I have to listen to a long recap of how there's going to be a trial to determine who the killer is, and how we have to figure out the killer correctly or we'll all be punished. This is the fifth fucking trial of the game, and the game itself is the sequel to a game that had 6 trials in it. Why do I still have to sit through a long scene explaining the concept of a school trial to me? And why do I have to listen to Hajime's long inner monologue where he acts like he's shocked by this, even though this is the fifth goddamn time this exact thing has happened to him?
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Cuz he aint sensitized to murder. And spoilers.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

Return to “The Arcade”