Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Also

Spoiler: for people who finished dr2

That's how they should have treated Nagito from the start.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

And Message of the day:

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 400, Frozen Angel wrote:Also

but he ain't even dat bad.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair 11
what did Chisa check? They're normal for now? ok. lol I get that they're discussion memes in a serious sense but it cracks me up. WHAT. Okay so it was like this the whole they were just fucking with us. Ahhh I wondered why Izuru was reacting to Nagito's talent how he did. LOL Izuru just Shut Up, Hannibal'ed Junko! OK so the old school building is the one used for the shelter. OH. IT'S THE SAME THING USED IN THE FINAL KILLING GAME ON THE DESIGNATED ATTACKER. SHOOT. Ah so Mukuro was totally cool with being offed? i dunnoooo. WHOA, MAKOTO'S FUNKY LUCK KICKED IN. I think he has good luck disguised as bad luck. FUCK THAT'S CREEPY. oh...?The coded Jabberwock Island? MUFUFUFU? What? Izuru what?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 402, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 400, Frozen Angel wrote:Also

but he ain't even dat bad.
Love you Anna but I can't accept Nagito.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Future 12!
OOOH CAN TENGAN DETECT LIES? So Chisa supplied the tools Tengan used? So she's the true mastermind? MITARAI MADE A HOPE VIDEO? WHEN? WAIT WHAT? HE'S THE VILLAIN? I WROTE HIM OFF BECAUSE HE WASN'T TURNED INTO DESPAIR IN THE DESPAIR ARC! YEAH MUNAKATA! So he's not the villain but a patsy?THIS THEME IS INTERESTING. I've seen that the Itunes store has the game soundtracks, where could I find the music from the anime? OOOH MUNAKATA LOOKS LIKE A HOPE MONOKUMA, AND NOT NO DAMN SHIROKUMA NEITHER.LOL EVEN MONACA. WHAT?!?!?!? Wait Tengan took Naegi away so he couldn't see the results of his plan? OOOOOH?IZURU? IZURUUUUUU?!?!!!???!??
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: quick fun note before the final episode
As I said I've been watching through a different playthrough of DR1 than I intitally did and it's ongoing, right now we're at chapter 4 and alter ego has figured out the files, and knowing what The Tragedy was gives me a strange calm.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: HOPE.
Hinata is it truly you? ARE THOSE CHIAKI'S EYES? That logo reminds me of Ace Attorney :|. I SAW THAT HAIR. HI KOMAEDA! ROBO HAND, LIKE SKYWALKER! TOM PHAN IS NOW MUNAKATA? Fuyihiko it's nice to see you (btw I think he was the one who took Junko eye,, it just makes sense). OMG HE HAS MINI MECHAMARUS? ON THE BONE MEAT YEAH (i didn't actually watch NicoB but that was a funny clip). Oh, one eye is Hinata, the other is Izuru. cool. OK THAT COUNTDOWN WENT DOWN WAY TOO FAST. Wait how'd Tom Phan change clothes? The sky is blue now. Um, what? Ah, the truth about Chiaki. I thought Chiaki's AI form was Alter Ego thanks to concurrent spoilers but I guess not? A medicine to slow the poison huh? Time to talk about this: I ended up walking into the fact Kirigiri died while looking at her character page on the wikia, and then later while skimming the thread I came across the fact she came back, and I was like "oh really guys, you just pulled a fast one because you didn't want to off a main character like that?" but I saw it mentioned that a cure was nearby so I think I'll give it a pass. And so the school re-opens. V3 TIME TOMORROW.
<Embrace The Void>

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Parama »

V3 hype
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

@Gamma

Spoiler:
Kyoko would cut her arm before dying like that if there was no cure. You can't kill her with a trick like that.

Also the number of alive players in the game always counted one extra for kyoko. and the cure was referenced in her fake death scene and before when she was investigating the alch girl.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 409, Frozen Angel wrote:@Gamma

Spoiler:
Kyoko would cut her arm before dying like that if there was no cure. You can't kill her with a trick like that.

Also the number of alive players in the game always counted one extra for kyoko. and the cure was referenced in her fake death scene and before when she was investigating the alch girl.
Spoiler:
Fair.
I never really paid much attention to the players alive except once, in fact didn't they not have the intro for the last couple of episodes? Also I missed some references to the cure I guess? btw wtf was the thing that made Seiko and Munakata's eyes turn dark?
Also while I do have some gripes with the anime I don't feel like it's as bad as some people allege it to be.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Gonna use a new format for V3 since I sorta went overboard at the end of SDR2. This time, one post is one chapter, guaranteed.
Spoiler: Prologue
  • This is kinda different. The last two times it was made quite clear they thought they were going to a school. This time I guess not? Huh.
  • Smacking objects is a new thing. So in SDR2 you learned to walk in more places, here you're learning to hit things?
  • KILLER ROBOT AHHHHH
  • Wait was that in 3D graphics? Are we using those in the main games too now?
  • Oh god the gym, something will go down I can guarantee it, something always went down when you went to the gym in DR1.
  • Rantaro kinda looks like Nagito. Also some of these characters don't look like how I've seen them before (Kokichi, Maki)
  • OH GOD BEAR PUNS. So these are the Monokubs I've seen a bit about? My guess is they're going to be the Monobeast replacements.
  • This lady who keeps freaking out reminds me of Toko. PLEASE GIVE US NAMES.
  • Monotaro, Monosuke, Monophanie, Monodam, and Monokid. Interesting names, the sorta gave up on giving them Japanese names halfway through.
  • Everyone seems vaguely aware of the past events of the series.
  • And this explains the outfits.
  • Wait we're back here now?
  • Alright, we've got the name of this place, the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles. And this Ultimate Initiative whatever-the-fuck is confusing as hell rn.
  • OK in the past two game we didn't get a splash screen for the main character's talent. Why now...?
  • THE MATRIX?
  • ...friendship fragment? I guess that's the hope fragment substitute since we're not trying to rescue these guys from despair?
  • OMG is Kaede a canon lesbian?
  • Oh god the RE:Act feature is back, whyyyyy?
  • Oh so the person I'm watching has seen Maki. Apparently Maki is really popular in the fandom?
  • RIP stepladder meme 2001-2017
  • This kid creeps me out, such a deep voice on such a small dude. Oh shit this dude took down a mafia? I'm 99% that they translated that from yakuza, which is weird because Fuyihiko was kept as a yakuza.
  • OMFG SO RANTARO IS THE ONE WHO FORGOT HIS TALENT?
  • This lady swears a lot, is she gonna be like Mondo? She also seems very one-trick.
  • OK, weird witch-looking girl. Remember how I noted the Halloween photo in the Despair arc closing credits? This girl is why. I noted Mahiru in that photo looked like what I'd see of this girl. Also gyaaah she really reminds me of Monaca! I mean not only is she a mage for real and Monaca's role in the Warriors of Hope was mage, but they both sound similar, seem to act similar, and kinda have a similar face.
  • OH YEAH, yelling person! If a woman yells loud enough she can do anything!
  • Anthropology? cool. Oh but this guys seems a bit like Nagito himself with his obsession with the human condition.
  • Reaction...voice? WHAT?
  • I did NOT imagine this guy as an astronaut. Dude looks way to punk-rock for that.
  • The ability to go outside makes things interesting. Like yeah you had that in SDR2 but the setting kinda necessitated that. Here you can actually have nature areas without it being a greenhouse.
  • I don't think there's anyone who I particularly find uninteresting currently. That makes me happy.
  • Ultimate Maid huh? Uhhh why don't you just call her what you called Chisa, unless it was only Housekeeper in the sub? Also she seems a loooot like Peko, with her desire to serve others.
  • DING DING BING BONG EVERYONE! Guess we're going to the gym?
  • OOH this song is titled Wonderful Story? Wasn't the overworld theme in UDG Wonderful Dead? *THINKING*
  • FINALLY, THE REAL DEAL. I can't believe Monokuma is actually less annoying than the Monokubs.
  • OMG DRAGON BALL REFERENCE.
  • Okay, so Monokuma still has something to do with Despair.
  • Ryoma just asked a very interesting question. He seems like he's going to be like Togami from DR1 (and fyi to avoid confusion I will continue to refer to the other Togami as Tom Phan)
  • WHY ARE THE EYES BLUE. That is hella creepy.
  • Everyone seems really chill about this tbh, in the last two games everyone flipped their shit.
  • OK so from the intro it looks like Kibo and Shuichi might get executed. Also again, the Matrix is involved somehow I guess? Also weird focus on the eyes.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Chapter 1
  • cool graphic explaining the riules. Also they set an endpoint? OK...? Nighttime has changed a bit. No two kills max thing at the start still?
  • DEATH ROAD OF DESPAIR? dis gon b gud
  • Forced loss?
  • GYAH KOKICHI WHY U CREEPY?
  • That's different than what I remember wrt Monokuma Theatre. Also a death already? pls no.
  • First blood perk looks plain stupid.
  • LOL they flattened Monokuma.
  • I think I see what's gonna happen with the card reader. Someone will see past it and Kaede will look bad.
  • I think I've figured out the way they'll get around the first blood perk: 2 victims. Also I realized K1-B0 is literally the japanese word for hope but if it were a robot name in an Isaac Asimov story.
  • ...Tsumigi said "middle of a killing game" even though most people think it's over...
  • OMG THEY ACTUALLY REFERENCED TVTROPES.
  • OK THAT WAS CREEPY. But I knew something like it was coming thanks to a rogue YouTube thumbnail.
  • ...Rantaro? You're being weird.
  • Why are they calling blood out as pink now? It was red in past games.
  • Kerekiyo is definitely an early favorite. He's kinda like Nagito in that they both have different moral frameworks, but while Nagito feels twisted this guys just feels sideways, get the drift?
  • Man Shuichi really puts in work to show he deserves his title. He picks up on very specific things, just like Kyoko did.
  • FREE TIME! Since this is a variable aspect of the game I'm going to not be posting any notes for it, though I will mention if a free time event the person I'm watching does ends up coloring my perception of things within the main story, like how the maxing out of Chiaki led me to have suspicions about what Chiaki really was.
  • I will state that it's very clear if you fail one though, and this is the first one this person has failed across all three games I believe.
  • Movement detecting cameras. Make me think of a case from Ace Attorney.
  • Also as it's mentioned that only Miu and Kaede's labs are open I realize the game title really does mean Harmony as in a song, because it makes Monokuma's "murderous melody" comment a reference to the game title.
  • OMG Miu acts tough but she's a total softie.
  • hnyah no need for priest spells? No need for Jataro's help?
  • Oh man this camera plan is starting remind me of how Tom Phan held the party to keep everyone under surveillance in SDR2. What's gonna go wrong here?
  • Oh man Shuichi's story is pretty intense. Also possible romance?
  • THIS MUSIC IS FUCKING CREEPY.
  • OMG RANTARO IS DEAD? What's gonna happen?
  • OH IS THE MASTERMIND IN THERE CONTROLLING MONOKUMA?
  • AN OPT-OUT? WHAAAAAT?
  • Tenko's "all males are degenerates" shtick reminds me of Susan from El Goonish Shive.
  • Oh no. What's on the cameras...?
  • No underhanded tactics huh? Go tell that to Monokuma, cos he didn't get the memo in case 4 of the first game.
  • Buddy system, ok. <notes from the investigation will go in their own post because this is long enough, probably same for the trial>
  • Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Chevre
    Chevre
    Honourable Mention
    Chevre
    Honourable Mention
    Honourable Mention

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Chevre »

Finished DR2!

Spoiler: thots and rankin's
    Bleh. I was just super not into it from like, Mechamaru onward. It's unfortunate because 2-4 and 2-5 were very interesting murder mysteries.

1. Akane
    2. Fuyuhiko
    3. Miharu
    4. Sonia
    5. Peko
    6. Gundham
    7. Ibuki
    8. Hiyoko
    9. Chiaki
    10. Hajime
    11. Nagito
    12. Kazuichi
    13. Mikan
    14. Teruteru
    15. Nekomaru
    16. "Byakuya"
    There will be no kisses tonight
    There will be no holding hands tonight
    'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
    Parama
    Parama
    Survivor
    Parama
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Parama »

DR2 is def my least favorite of the three VNs, weakest gameplay-wise in a lot of ways and weaker ending too but the mysteries are better than the first game for sure
    Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think SDR2 was at the very least more interesting, not sure if that = better
    like after case 2 of DR1 nothing really struck me as so shocking that I had to talk about it
    I'll agree that at least in some manners the gameplay of SDR2 is worse
    <Embrace The Void>

Parama
    Parama
    Survivor
    Parama
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Parama »

Improved
    Hangman's
    Gambit
    Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

true that
    but
    agree spots and rebuttal showdowns (after any initial confusion) are good ideas. Logic dives are meh imo, the don't really do anything fun with them, they just change the course up
    <Embrace The Void>

Annadog40
    Annadog40
    Owl of the Night Chat
    Annadog40
    Owl of the Night Chat
    Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Did you play Gamma Emerald or did you watch someone play?
    This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
    Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I watched someone
    <Embrace The Void>

Annadog40
    Annadog40
    Owl of the Night Chat
    Annadog40
    Owl of the Night Chat
    Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Annadog40 »

U can only experience da true joy of logic dive while playing.
    This is my life now

Parama
    Parama
    Survivor
    Parama
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Parama »

logic dive is boring and or janky
    psyche taxi is worse tho it's just plain dull
    Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 1 Investigation
  • The music is a truth bullet? why???
  • Enough space for a baseball to fit through? REALLY?
  • Oh gosh I have a theory, what if it was Gonta because he though Rantaro was the mastermind?
  • OK Himiko is starting to piss me off. She's like if the worst parts of Saionji and Monaca got thrown together in a blender and put on puree.
  • OK so I saw the UDG2 poster mentioned in the comprehensive guide to the series Kokichi Oma (the scummer) gave me. It's not very interesting beyond the tease itself though.
  • OMG Tenko is giving this sorta-sad face and it looks ridiculous.
  • The bit about Angie's beliefs being like a credit-card program reminds me of a line from Amish Paradise.
  • Oh boy, where's Kokichi?
  • Wait she has a literal condition????? This is such BS I can't even take it on any level!
  • ALRIGHT, WHAT WILL THE PHOTOS TELL US?
  • So...Rantaro was gonna do something with the door, he saw the camera, went after it, and got killed?
  • The shrine of Judgement huh? I think I remember that place, huh. I recall thinking that was where the class trial would be held. Although this is short I'm splitting the post because first trial = a lot of new things to comment on.
  • <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: First Class Trial
  • V Point? This looks dumb af.
  • Liking the fancy text.
  • Seriously, all of these characters are interesting.
  • Mass Panic is just too much, yikes.
  • It can't be Shuichi, really?
  • OMG person I'm watching forgot to save at the recess and is now redoing the pre-recess portion.
  • Are we really going with another "the victim planned to kill someone", like case 1 of the first game?
  • A...lie? Are we forging evidence? OH MAN this is taking something Ace Attorney did to the next level. So Lie Bullets are basically meant to help people reach the truth through realizing their own idea is wrong? Huh okaaay? And you have HP Drain while you do it but it only takes effect if you screw up..? And wtf is this back route shit? btw someone actually mentioned perjury on the first trial of SDR2 from this guy when talking about his epic struggle with rebuttal showdowns, and I kinda forgot about that. I remembered something was mentioned but I hadn't checked in a long time so my brain assumed they were talking about the mas panic, which I view as the most insane new thing.
  • Yeah, Take That, Kokichi! K1-B0 can do what Alter Ego did for Taka!
  • Alright, Debate Scrums. I've actually seen this mentioned in a song track title. Looks cool I guess.
  • I've noticed a couple camera blurs up to here, wtf?
  • Oh gosh we're coming up on what I thinhk the motive is: whoever killed Rantaro thought HE was the mastermind.
  • Wait, whooooo put in the cameras again? I think it was Kaeeeeeedeeeeee.
  • Man this is horrible, please let it not be like "oh you killed someone even though you had a good motive, go die", please let everyone have sympathy.
    What's with the scene with Kaede and Shuichi under the lights?
  • Oh I guess it's a representation of their thoughts? Because it's probably what they were thinking on the elevator.
  • I realized something: I asked for this in SDR2. I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS!
  • Argument...Armament? Oh boy are we renaming the BTB/PTA again?
  • WTF Kaede has a mask on. Why?
  • So the Closing Argument is EVEN MORE linear now. Do they think people suck at these?
  • New Closing Argument music is cool.
  • OK Kokichi that's kinda heartless.
  • OH man the punishment, I heard somewhere these were extra-gory, this will probably fuck me up really badly...OK so she was hanged and then-what wait Monadam attacked Monokid? WHAT?
  • So ah, question: who's our back-up guy now? in DR1 it was Kyoko, in SDR2 it Chiaki, here while Kaede was the player character it was Shuichi, so who is it now?
  • Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Annadog40
    Annadog40
    Owl of the Night Chat
    Annadog40
    Owl of the Night Chat
    Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 421, Parama wrote:logic dive is boring and or janky
    psyche taxi is worse tho it's just plain dull
    Logic dive is the best mini game bro.
    This is my life now

Return to “The Arcade”