Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:05 am

Post by Parama »

In post 124, Ankamius wrote:
Spoiler:
The fact that Kirigiri actually survived in the end is one of the biggest copouts I've ever seen.
YES IT IS, UGH
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
Watching the anime now, on to episode 2 of the despair arc, why is Chiaki there? Do they answer that or did they just retcon her being an AI?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

That question is answered, NM.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Natirasha »

Spoiler: dr3
I'm not particularly bothered Kirigiri survived because it was kinda obvious. I'm more bothered by the entire ultimate despairs surviving tbh. Nagito is fine because he's a fan favorite and the memes but everyone else...eeeh..
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Parama »

ibuki is offended
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

The problem with Kirigiri surviving is less that she survived in of itself and more that they just shoehorned it into the last two minutes of the entire show. It doesn't really help that Mikan specifically 'revived' her. Just the entire way it was portrayed made it really difficult to believe and there were definitely much more elegant ways to go about it.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Parama »

I just didn't want it to happen at all tbh
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Natirasha »

I do think it was handled really poorly, but I could say the same about most of DR3.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Parama »

the entirety of dr3 is the despair anise itself designed to brainwash fans of the series
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Jan 2017 release date for DR3 Game wheee
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Parama »

yeah but when's the NA release
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Natirasha »

SHSL Witch is a qt.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

So I'm watching the dub and can't find anything past ep8 of either arc, anyone have links to the further eps?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Parama »

Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

I just conpleted Case 5(Mukuro's death) in Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc, and I have a really insane theory about Mukuro Ikusaba that I came up with in the shower. On phone, so forgive the misspellings, but I'd like someone to confirm or disconfirm this theory.

Spoiler: DR1
My theory is that
Mukuro Ikusaba was a Monokuma spy, infiltrating the students under the guise of either Celeste Ludenburg or Junko Enoshima - most likely Celeste.

So, after that shocker of a trial, I did some thinking about the oddities in the case. Let's establish a few things right off the bat.

Firstly, we know that the
Fifth Trial was rigged
. Monokuma declares Kyoko the blackened in the alternate end, and Makoto the blackened in the normal route. Also, he has no problem declaring Makoto, who we know is innocent, to be the blackened. That means that Monokuma doesn't care who he fake-executes as the blackened, as long as someone takes the fall. This would explain the generic execution method rather than the very specific and ironic ones he used before.

We also know that if a student was the killer, Monomuma would have no problem letting the trial go ahead. It's what he wants, after all, why he brought them there in the first place. Monokuma's weird attempt to rig the trial means that he either does not want the students to unearth the real murderer, or there is no murderer tk be found but he wants a scapegoat. The former seems... I can't think of a reason why he'd do that. I can think of a reason why he'd do the latter - because he is the murderer. This makes perfect sense. Monokuma, seeing that nobody there was going to murder and continue the game, decides to spark things along by killing Ikusaba and pinning it on one of them to fracture them. Another piece of evidence supporting this is that the other four had airtight alibis, which leaves Kyoko and Makoto as the only ones without an alibi, as was brought up in the trial. We know Makoto is innocent, and in the unlikely event Kyoko is the killer we know Monokuma has no problem punishing her(see the alt end) so it makes no sense that he'd let the frame on Makoto go ahead and pretend it was true. Finally, on a pragmatic note, I do not think Kyoko could win a fight against the Ultimate Soldier.

So Monokuma was the killer, and he's framing Kyoko/Makoto for it. We know why he did it - to keep the game moving. So what are we missing here?

1) Why was Mukuro Ikusaba not with the original 15 students?
2) How did Monokuma overpower the Ultimate Soldier(I could see him using remote controlled guns or whatever to kill her, but remember she got brained by a bundle of arrows)?
3) Why was Ikusaba's face covered by a mask?

Let's start with 3). The obvious answer is that Monokuma does not want them to know about Ikusaba's existence. Here's the problem - it's not a secret that could be viably kept. Even if he predicted Kyoko walking off, he couldn't have predicted Kyoko not passing on the information about Ikusaba's existence to the others - information he knows she has because she stole the report, he was even complaining about it. Also, the existence of Ikusaba could be kept a secret for a couple hours at best, because then the class trial starts and it becomes obvious that everyone is still alive, so the corpse has to be a third party. Finally, he outright tells Byakuya there's a 16th student, so he can't have wanted to keep Ikusaba's existence secret.

That means something on or about her face or body, which were covered up, is damaging to the killer(Monokuma, who covered her up and planted the bomb to destroy the rest of the evidence). He doesn't care if people know Ikusaba exists, but he does if people are able to view Ikusaba's exposed body.

I can think of two reasons.

1) Ikusaba's old wounds are a tipoff about something
2) Ikusaba's face is a tipoff about something

Try to picture it. Say the bomb doesn't go off, the students reach over and peel off the mask, the coat. What do they see? Well, presumably they see some random stranger's face, as none of them know Ikusaba, covered in unidebtifiabke wounds. This wouldn't be threatening to Monokuma at all.

My idea? I think that they
would
recognize the face behind the masks, and the source of the wounds. Because I think that
Mukuro Ikusaba was disguised as a student and fake-executed by Monokuma
. Here's why: it's clear to me that Ikusaba was almost certainly a Monokuma spy, in the same vein as Sakura. It also explains how Monokuma managed to get hold of stuff like machine guns for the changing room doors, and set them up, and why Ikusaba's existence was kept secret from the others. If that's the case, then she either adopted the role of an outside spy, watching from the shadows, or she infiltrated the group, like Sakura did. The latter theory makes more sense; Monokuma already has cameras, he needs someone to talk and prod people into murder from the inside; to act as a backup in case the notoriously honorable and wilful Ultimate Martial Artist went rogue. It would also explain why he doesn't want the students to see Ikusaba's face. And it also explains how Monokuma overpowered her - they were working on the same side, so she never saw it coming. It's possible that Monokuma told her she would be allowed to graduate if she worked with him, only for that hope to turn into despair, in classic Monokuma style, once she realized she'd been betrayed.

We know Ikusaba was hidden amongst the first fifteen, and we know she's not Aoi, Kyoko, Makoto(duh), Byakuya, Toko or Yasuhiro, because they were the ones investigating her death. Therefore it's clear that she was amongst those that "died", only to fake her death and slip away to join Monokuma until he betrayed her. We can rule out Sakura, Sayaka, Hifumi, Chihiro and Kiyotaka, because their bodies were thoroughly examined, and it would have been hard to fake any of their deaths. So Ikusaba set up a situation in which Monokuma would execute her; it would've been child's play to rig the executions, especially as the bodies of executed studenrs were not recovered afterwards.

Junko, Leon, Mondo and Celeste. Ikusaba must have been in those four. Given Chihiro, I won't deny the option of Ikusaba possibly disguising herself as a boy, especially since she'd probably be all muscular as a soldier. However, I'm extremely dubiois that she could fake being Mondo or Leon, given their hard to fake body shapes, deep voice and lack of chest(we know Ikusaba has visible breasts, Aoi comments on them). That narrows it down to Celeste and Junko, the obvious targets.

I think Ikusaba disguised herself as Celeste. As a fashionista, Junko would be too famous to impersonate, while a shadowy gambler whose face nobody has seen would be perfect. Furthermore, while it's true Junko's body was not examined, I'm uncertain how her execution could be faked, whereas for Celeste all Monokuma has to do is drop the truck and open a trapdoor underneath her at the last second, like a stage magician would. Then the wounds on Ikusaba's body would be the burn marks from the fire.

So the full story would be like this. Ikusaba was working with Monokuma, and infiltrated the students as Celeste. When the time came for her to fake her death, she executed an intentionally sloppy and over-elaborate murder plan, then let herself get caught(I refuse to believe for a hot second that a legendary gambler would break so easily under stress). The flames go up, the fire truck flies in, the trapdoor opens, and she falls into a secret room and joins Monokuma. After the fourth trial(Sakura), Monokuma hears Makoto's speech and gets worried they won't kill each other any more. He murders Ikusaba, who's unawares. This happened sometime before Kyoko stole the key, because that could never have happened with two people watching the monitors. He sets up the body like Makoto figured, and sits back to watch the fireworks, ready to frame and execute whoever gets voted up.

Am I correct? Wildly off tangent? Missed a key part of my analysis?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Parama »

i think you should play chapter 6 and find out
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Everything is explained soon.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

Just finished yhe game. Looks like I was completely off the mark :(

The last execution was fucking fantastic. I loved Monokuma's different personalities.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Parama »

now you can play dr2
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

DR2 is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better get on it now
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Parama »

he's wrong, the first game is superior but the second game is great too
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The second game has the best character bar none, though.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Parama »

i'm inclined to agree but you may be talking about a different character
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 146, Ankamius wrote:The second game has the best character bar none, though.
CHIHIRO FUJISAKI
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 148, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 146, Ankamius wrote:The second game has the best character bar none, though.
CHI
HIRO FUJIS
AKI
fixed
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “The Arcade”