Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:16 am

Post by tn5421 »

This isn't just another SYOC is it?
WIP
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nope.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Natirasha »

DanganRonpa 3 tuesday~~
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Parama »

oh crap it's starting? yessss
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Natirasha »

Spoiler: DanganRonpa 3
Ten bucks says this was the work of the chairman dude.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Future First Episode
That first kill was actually really smart. There's going to be a lot of discord starting out this killing game and the one person who is the most likely to mute the effects of it being out of the way before people are aware of what's going on is only going to make it worse.

I expect the next few kills will be people not directly involved in the tension that is about to happen or people who are keeping it from getting worse. I don't really expect the people most likely to be able to figure it out are high priority targets for a while since they'll all be distracted with each other.

The death reveal scene was fantastic, too. I have very high hopes for this arc after seeing this.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Parama »

uhh just wondering should i care about DR another episode, is that going to be plot-relevant for the anime
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Likely so from what I can tell. I'm going in without knowing anything about it, though.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Parama »

damn, i may hold off on the rest of the episodes until i can play it then
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Post by Accountant »

Just finished the third execution(witch of versailles)

Thoughts on characters

Genocider Syo - god tier. This girl has it all - looks, brains, and personality. She has one of the best laughs ever and manages to be sympathetic despite being an unrepentant sociopath and stalker. I spend all my free time with her or Byakuya.

Byakuya - god tier. He's arrogant, which is a trait that always arouses me when backed up - and he does back it up. His roasts of various characters are always entertaining to read, and he is panty-droppingly attractive. I love it when he adjusts his glasses and smirks, because you know he's going to drop a sick burn or analysis.

Chihiro - god tier. Cute as a button and by far the MVP of the Hope's Peak students, effortlessly proving himself to be stronger than Mondo and supporting his team from beyond the grave with a sentient AI that he built on a dusty old laptop in less than a month. RIP.

Kyoko - A tier. Solid asset, even if she's a cryptic uncommunicative fuck. Helps me a lot. Fairly likeable, and sensible to boot.

Makoto Naegi - A tier. bland and talentless, but has a good heart and a tendency of carrying the "geniuses" around him during class trials. They should award him an honorary title of Ultimate Prosecutor. Also me, which is a point in his favor.

Alter Ego - A tier. Feels like Chihiro-lite, but possessing Taka was cool.

Monokuma - adorable, clever, powerful, cunning, with a mean streak and a vicious sense of humor. His voice is lovely. Kept out of god tier by a hackneyed aesthetic, role as antagonist and flat motives(for the evulz)

Taka - A- tier. By far the most morally upright character, but I dont like how he yells at people and his bro thing with Mondo kind of detracted from his moral paragon shtick. Also useless in trials. RIP.

Mondo - B tier. A little rough around the edges, but has a generally likeable and straightforward personality. Him being the one to take out Chihiro was a disappointment. RIP.

Aoi and Sakura - B tier. They're both ok but never do anything exciting so I find them kind of useless overall. Aoi's bubbliness is pretty fun, though, and Sakura has tinges of a cool Zen master.

Celeste - B tier. I expected more from the queen of lies. Plan was ill thought out and questionable. She missed an easy win(tell Hifumi to meet up at night, wear spare clothing from the storage, brain him, nobody has an alibi and there are no clues, ggwp) and is ironically a terrible liar. RIP, cool execution IMO.

Leon, Sayaka - C tier. Useless dead meat, tutorial fodder. One is a traitor and the other is a coward. git gud. Personalities are far from compelling. RIP.

Hagakure, Hifumi, Junko - stupid dead meat. How worthless can you get??? not even gonna RIP hif and junko.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 am

Post by pieguyn »

Spoiler:
oh my god, finally someone who agrees with me on Byakuya. I feel so vindicated right now. ~
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Shouldve done my one
Spoiler: character rankings/DR1
S Tier
Kyoko (bit bland at first, but so good towards the end of the game)
Hina (probably the most likable character IMO)
Hiro (sue me, he was great)
Chihiro (awesome skills, was actually great

A Tier
Sakura (Her character arc was great and was one of the best written bits in the game IMO)
Mondo (Cool dude, shame what happened happened, but took it like a champ and generally a good character)
Makoto (Bit bland, but he did a good job as the main character)
Byakuya (He would've been right at the bottom tbh until literally the last scene, where it showed that he actually did have some attachment to the other characters)

B Tier
Mukuro (I did quite like "Junko" and they did a good job with this)
Taka (Oddball to the extreme, but felt like a good character outside of the trials near the start of the game)
Leon (Didn't do much tbh, but didn't particularly dislike them)

C Tier
Celeste (didn't really like her character. Kind of bland and annoying)
Sayaka (I refuse to forgive her. :mad: )
Junko (I felt like her insane bit at the end went on too long with too much rambling and got annoying
Hifumi (creepy. sooooo creepy. The oddball character design went too far here.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 85, pieguyn wrote:
Spoiler:
oh my god, finally someone who agrees with me on Byakuya. I feel so vindicated right now. ~
The haters are just jelly they can't have him

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 87, Accountant wrote:
In post 85, pieguyn wrote:
Spoiler:
The haters are just jelly they can't have him
Spoiler:
I just felt he was too much of a dick to some people early on. You can be arrogant and obnxious without being that much of a fuckwad.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Future Second Episode
I like the idea of the forbidden actions; I think the farmer's action was incredibly bullshit, though. If I was him, I would've booked it after finding out what it was.

Makoto's makes sense. It's probably designed to make it easier for people to off him early since he's one of the easiest to suspect early on, but I have a feeling it'll be extremely inconvenient for another reason later on in the arc.

I don't expect the traitor is Makoto, Gozu, or Miaya, but the fact that Asahina was the one killed will break up that group all the same.

Juzo's time alive is going to be short. Kyoko is probably going to live to about halfway, but will be killed to further the conflict between Makoto and Munakata later on. I wouldn't be surprised if her forbidden action heavily neutered her ability to effectively investigate what's going on, either. :/
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Natirasha »

What the fuck, Zetsubou-hen??
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Despair Third Episode
I'm liking the odds of Nanami Chiaki resisting Junko's influence rather than dying to avoid becoming one of the remnants of despair after this episode.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

ANKAMIUS?!! What is this???

S-tier Sayaka? Lowest tier toko?? Have you gone mad?

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
Yep. Sayaka became S because she was a complex character who's entire arc was compelling; her motivations, her feelings, and what was suspected to be the direct reasons for her actions.

Toko was just an annoying kid who became really interesting right after her secret became known, only to become even less interesting than before after she became nothing but memes. Fangirling over another character and doing very little beyond that is not a compelling character.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Wait is there really a DR 3 out?!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 93, Ankamius wrote:
Spoiler:
Yep. Sayaka became S because she was a complex character who's entire arc was compelling; her motivations, her feelings, and what was suspected to be the direct reasons for her actions.

Toko was just an annoying kid who became really interesting right after her secret became known, only to become even less interesting than before after she became nothing but memes. Fangirling over another character and doing very little beyond that is not a compelling character.
Spoiler:
I didn't feel that Sayaka was a complex character. She only had one motive, which was to secure the future of her pop group. That she decided to throw a bone to Makoto when she was dying doesn't change that. Her plan was also not very smart.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 95, Accountant wrote:
In post 93, Ankamius wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I didn't feel that Sayaka was a complex character. She only had one motive, which was to secure the future of her pop group. That she decided to throw a bone to Makoto when she was dying doesn't change that. Her plan was also not very smart.
Spoiler:
She had a goal, which was to get out of the school to see whether her group really had fallen apart and to try to see if her dream was salvageable.

She saw an opportunity in Makoto as she had already wrapped him around her little finger. She also saw an opportunity in Leon, who would be very easy to manipulate into her own ends (which is very easy to see once you have even one event in his free time events).

It's very difficult to tell when she started thinking of the plot to kill Leon in Makoto's room, but it's clear that she's much more clever than she lets on since it was being put into motion very shortly after she watched her own DVD (which is evidenced by the fact that she specifically asked Makoto to be on her side no matter what).

However, the fact that she was so deeply affected by the DVD made her execution of the plan more spotty than it otherwise would have. It's very likely in my eyes that she rushed her plan to kill Leon once he was inside Makoto's room due to that mental stress, which allowed him enough time to turn the tables on her. This is pure speculation based on what ended up happening and Kyoko's words to Makoto about her likely motivations, but I also believe that she goaded Leon into killing her sometime after her wrist got broken; likely both because of guilt for betraying Makoto taking over and because of regret for the betrayal (even if only because if Leon had simply left, everyone would know her true colors and never trust her again). If this is the case, then her being killed and leaving the conclusive clue leading to Leon's demise would have been premeditated before Leon ever got into the bathroom.

So tl;dr, the main reason I think Sayaka is a strong character is because she was intelligent enough to be able to manipulate two people she had acquired good reads on already (and she HAS proven she can read Makoto; I strongly doubt Leon is much more difficult to read), but her motivations damaged her mental state enough that it turned out in a way that she didn't anticipate. My interpretation of how the incident progressed follows the same pattern based on how her personality showed through, but even without it, there's enough evidence here to show her complexity in this situation.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 94, Shadoweh wrote:Wait is there really a DR 3 out?!
It's an anime but yes.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 97, Natirasha wrote:
In post 94, Shadoweh wrote:Wait is there really a DR 3 out?!
It's an anime but yes.
They are also making a third regular game with a whole new cast of characters (blech). This is gonna be a series that has long overdue it's welcome.

1 was cool, 2 was alright, and they should have just ended it at 3.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Eh killing games are always fun. Not that bad an idea.

Return to “The Arcade”