Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think she's a natural blonde and dyed both
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 173, Katyusha wrote:dunn and i are debating:

ibuki's eyebrows are pink so does that mean her hair is naturally pink and she dyed it black, or did she dye them pink and her hair is black?
Dyed. Just like she dyed her hair.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Katyusha »

why would you dye both your hair and your eyebrows a different color............................................

like i get it's ibuki but even she has sense to her fashion sense

being quirky isnt the same as being dumb
eddie cane
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I have been watching a playthrough of this and have some thoughts.
Spoiler: Thoughts on Case 1 up to the end of the investigation
WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HEEEEEER. When the first death happened I legit experienced complete despair. I also saw everyone accusing Makoto coming from a mile away. But based on the clues so far I'm thinking Leon is the killer and if so holy shit I predicted him doing something to Sayaka when I saw what he wanted with his life in the first conversation with him. I saw that he wanted band members and went "oh shit he's going to ask Sayaka, she'll resist and he'll get upset and attack her". HOLY HELL. btw my suspicions initially fell on Toko because she mentioned disliking blood but had little to no reaction to Junko's death as far as I could tell.

Edit: HOO BOY MORE STUFF TO TALK ABOUT.
Spoiler: Case 1 Trial
wooooow this one does a lot to mess with your emotions. I love how they're using the "self-defense" card here but not just using it as a full excuse. Leon took advantage of the situation and got executed for it, though that death must have SUCKED. Also the fact that Sayaka just coldly betrays you. Makes you wonder how much of what she had said was real. I like how they're doing the post case revelation thing Ace Attorney does where you use a piece of evidence used in the trial to find out something about the case after the killer is found. And I love how they used it, actual redeeming Sayaka a little after what she had done. And I saw the contents of her video coming, but I feel like for her she had no belief she could do anything about it, the video seemed to imply her group had already broken up, and that was her biggest fear. Interesting that Kyoko is the one who comes to your side throughout the case, she seemed so aloof but now I'm really hoping we get to know more about her. inb4 she dies before we learn anything. Over just wow, what a way to kick the game off
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:27 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

If that’s your initial reaction, you’re in for a treat. The first trial is sorta a tutorial trial and it only gets better from here. And the sequels are all better then the initial game too
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

What he said
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 2
Game does not disappoint, though the victim was kinda predictable, they yet again gave a lot of development to the victim. Though I do love the dynamic of the secrets and what happened with them. I didn't see the twist of Chihiro being a boy coming, and the twist of why Mondo commited his crime was pretty good too. I noticed Mondo's slip of dude but it actually meant nothing to me until it was pointed out. I get the feeling Kyoko's Ultimate name will have something to do with her deductive skills. The bonding of Mondo and Taka was great too, and I loved how Taka was the guy you had to do the bullet time on.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I haven't found anything really worth note until now (just finished watching case 1 of SDR2)
Spoiler: Update
WHAT THE FUCK NAGITO I TRUSTED YOU
Let's take it from the top. Great cast overall but some people fell flat. The Monobeasts and the giant shpere are big wtfs for me, also I think it could be true Usami wiped everyone's memories, but there's probably a good reason if so. For the case itself: well RIP Nicer Togami. I guess it makes sense it was him, he was posturing for it all the way to the end. The new parts of the trial are interesting. Agree spots are cool, the Rebuttal Showdown is also a nice shake-up, don't like the new form of Hangman's Gambit, the reformatting of Climax Inference seems harder, and PTAs are better that BTBs imo. Now onto the actual plot: I thought Nagito was one of the more sane people but NOPE HE'S OFF HIS ROCKER. I was thinking he'd be a survivor but now that he's dione that I'm not so sure. As for Teruteru I think the rationalization of his actions sorta ruins case 1 of the first game retroactively since Leon didn't get a rationale. I was also kinda thinking something would happen with Teruteru to make him more interesting since his character seemed flat, but not this.
<Embrace The Void>

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Parama »

Spoiler: danganronpa 1 mostly
leon doesn't get a rationale because he's just a douchebag, actually, he didn't have to kill sayaka after she'd locked herself in the closet and didn't have any real reason to either but he did it anyways

the second game's hangman's gambit is awful tbh, you're not wrong there
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Yes, though 2 it did include one of my fav mini game modes.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh-kaaaaay
Spoiler: Case 2: up to the completion of Twilight Syndrome Murder Case
The clues are just pouring in right now. My current hunch is that it's Pekoyama as the water bottles seem to indicate she had to wash the blood off herself, which is further corroborated by the non-functioning shower. I also think Nagito is an accomplice, as there very little way the killer could have escaped using the window (I'm running with that for now) without some help, and Nagito is the only one I could see working as an accomplice because of the cold open for chapter 2. Speaking of earlier things let's talk about those ruins. I did some google translating and the word on the door (future) is also on the hotel (mirai). This interests me because I've seen mention of that word somewhere else. I actually saw the physical release trailer for the Future arc of the anime, which mentions a Future Foundation. Could that be why the word future appears on that door? Anyway, back to the case itself. I also find Sonia suspicious a little, plus given the appearance of Fuyuhiko's last name twice I have to conclude that the "sister" spoken of was his, and with him receiviing the prize I wonder how he is involved in the case. And I forget, who is Sato?
And a final question: will this have any relevance to the Despair arc? I've seen enough screenshots to know it's about the class Hajime is in, and given that the TSMC is about their sachool life it could be relevant.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

EVEN MORE
Spoiler: Case 2 Before the Trial
So we're taking a similar angle to the second case of the first game: a serial killer is involved. This makes things interesting because it could be that Sonia, knowing what she does, could have done it as a copycat thing. In addition there's implications of Sayonji but it's too obvious, she's going to be our first suspect most likely but not the last. Fuyihiko seems suspicious but does not look like the killer. What I'm thinking is Sparkling Justice/Sonia killed Mahiru thinking she was responsible for the events depicted in the game. Given the "I can never forgive you" and the thing about Sparkling Justice killing criminals I think that's how it is.
<Embrace The Void>

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 177, Katyusha wrote:why would you dye both your hair and your eyebrows a different color............................................

like i get it's ibuki but even she has sense to her fashion sense

being quirky isnt the same as being dumb
Everything in SDR2 is relevant to both DR 3 anime.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

oh I didn't mean to quote that, meant to quote gamma's post
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Her eyebrow color is very relevant tbh.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Meant to post this yesterday
Spoiler: Trial 2 thoughts
WHAT COUNTER INCREASES BY 100
So Fuyihiko and Peko were lovers? Wow. I thought Fuyihiko was obstructing justice or something with his objections but he really just didn't want Peko to die. Logic Dives are weird but cool. And of course you'd face Peko in a Rebuttal Showdown. The Sparkling Justice thing was an interesting twist that echoed the first game but was taken in its own direction. I was hoping at the end they'd reference the accomplice rule as a reason to not execute Fuyihiko but they did it different which left me disappointed.
Also Kokichi Oma (the scummer) told me I was like Fuyihiko and I don't see the resemblance.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ka-WHAAAAAT?
Spoiler: Chapter 3: Body Discovery
This chapter is just a frenzy of events. Starting at the beginning, we have the memorial from Hiyoko, the third island investigation which turned up thew first actual detail about The Tragedy in 1 and a half games, Fuyuhiko's condition going from bad to good to bad again to good again, Akana attacking the Monokuma Sakura-style and Monokuma striking back, which injures Nekomaru, the Despair Disease which has me totally confused, and Hajime's weird dream which has to be a memory, sorta like Makoto's dream where he's saying "I realize my job is to stay here" in the first game. And it all culminates in this double-murder it seems. WHAT IS GOING OOOOON?
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat May 19, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Partway Through the Third investigation...
I can already tell Hiyoko was the first victim. They are making a huge point about the order and the heating seems to have been used to disguise that fact.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A bit of a timeskip but:
Spoiler: 3rd Trial: a realization
I think Ibuki's actions were a result of her Gullible disease. The movie states Monokuma suggested Monomi kill herself. I think that was a clue or the like.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
WHEN IT ALL FALLS APART
Spoiler: THE END OF CASE 3
KA-WHAAAAAAAT? I think I understand what's going on but I'm also completely left in the dust. I figured Mikan became afflicted with the despair disease but it transformed her into, gh- THE ULTIMATE DESPAIR?!?!?!? WHY IS SHE LIKE JUNKO? And World Ender is the Future Foundation huh? I think that this all is coming together to paint a picture that looks one way, but there is another truth. I think this group is actually the good guys, the side of hope, and Monokuma is trying to destroy this hope. GAH, THERE'S JUST SO MUCH I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOW!!!!
Edit 1: And apparently Mikan only became this way after coming to Hope's Peak I guess, since it's because of her stolen memories.
Edit 2: Now Nekomaru is a robot huh? Cool! btw him mentioning coming out of the rivers of hell reminds me of Godot's line from Trials and Tribulations about coming out of the depths of hell.
FINAL EDIT, HOURS LATER: So what was Mikan's actual motive...?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Spoiler: Chapter 4: After the rollercoaster
It seems the jig is up with our dear friend Byakuya. The Impossible Heir's secret shall be revealed! (Impossible Heir is a reference to Clara the Impossible Girl from Doctor Who)

Spoiler: Inside Grape Tower
WHY IS THERE A STATUE OF SAKURA

Spoiler: THE BODY
Well the music is different for the reveal
But poor Nekomaru, he was one of my favorites
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 4: Boy's Side
WE GET TO PLAY AS NAGITO
Also there's a lot of things I see being important, like the pillar as a time judgement, and the seeming block-off of the strawberry side
<Embrace The Void>

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Parama »

chapter 4 is a really fun mystery
also judging on your reactions to stuff I'm very eager for chapter 5 now
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So what was Mikan's actual motive to kill...?

I'm still curious about this
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Investigation 4 END
Nagito you're a fucking ass. Just because Hajime isn't some super person doesn't mean you get to treat him like dirt, you self-righteous prick.
Also I feel like the elevator thing will change something about which side the crime took place on. I can see where certain pieces fit but not the whole puzzle. Most of the case have been this way tbh, giving you enough to go on but still leaving the greater picture unclear.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “The Arcade”