pardox games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

My brother and I have started as Austria and Hungary together but holy shit... Hungary is different. So many regency councils at the beginning. And while I did manage to conquer Wallachia, Bosnia and Albania, now I'm surrounded by a strong Commonwealth and Ottomans, both as rivals. Now we finally managed to find a dent in all the alliances by invading Venice and Naples but damn
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:04 am

Post by mykonian »

http://t-a-w.blogspot.nl/2015/05/the-on ... nking.html

Ok, this guy sounds convincing, some but not all of his opinions are shared, I've read it a couple of times now and I believe his tier list is probably about right. Doesn't mean that I actually understand it, to the point that in the last campaign I think I picked every or all but one of the idea groups in his bottom half. Anyway, assuming that that list is correct, how can I understand the value of for example humanist ideas (which is I think universally regarded as pretty good) or why quality and maritime are not very desirable? The value I assign to bonusses given must be rather wrong. Would any of you more experienced players be able to help?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:38 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Austria having the trouble of all his country's becoming a combination of Reformed/Protestant/Catholic :lol:
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:42 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 51, mykonian wrote:http://t-a-w.blogspot.nl/2015/05/the-on ... nking.html

Ok, this guy sounds convincing, some but not all of his opinions are shared, I've read it a couple of times now and I believe his tier list is probably about right. Doesn't mean that I actually understand it, to the point that in the last campaign I think I picked every or all but one of the idea groups in his bottom half. Anyway, assuming that that list is correct, how can I understand the value of for example humanist ideas (which is I think universally regarded as pretty good) or why quality and maritime are not very desirable? The value I assign to bonusses given must be rather wrong. Would any of you more experienced players be able to help?

Religious ideas was heavily overrated in that group. If you are playing as Portugal or Spain I think it is a good pick up, but with the force conversion option most HRE and Euro nations don't need the buffs (even for the reformation). I think the main problem with this list is that Gold is undervalued, I really like quantity ideas, because it gives you flexibility and gives you a massive military ramp once completed.

Also, this: very close to HREing this game... it will happen, nothing can stop it:
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:44 am

Post by CooLDoG »

example of why that list is shit:
+1 missionary - +1 point
+1 merchant - +1 point

A merchant FAR outweighs a missionary because the counter reformation exists. And merchants are ALWAYS in use.

In the above game I picked up religious for the CB, gives me free stuff vs the turks and intra empire I used it to force convert (which is op as fuck right now) Centers of Reformation. But it is always situational at best. It is not the 3rd best idea.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

shit happened, time to kill France.
after a wank.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:52 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

That looks so juicy I can't even *heavy breathing*.

Does that happen when the HRE options all happen?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:12 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Okay, so just look at what the reforms do. At the start they help everybody out, but slowly they start to fuck over everyone but the emperor. First it is +20 tax per month, then it is no internal war, then the emperor is locked to one faction and then finally EVERYONE WHO AGREES BECOMES A VASSAL OF THE EMPEROR WITHOUT COSTING DIPLO SLOTS. The final reform takes all of the vassals created by the last reform and makes them into one country. You can't really see it in the pic, but there are two countries that should be mine but aren't because they did not agree to the 2nd to last reform.

So, once you pass the 2nd to last reform make sure all of the power players are yours or else they won't be. Also, maybe wait until after 1650 so you don't have to constantly knock down the fucking ass hole dutch. Also, maybe get an exploration idea before you do this because any of the colonies that your vassals had will now be yours, so it can be tricky to expand when you don't have a colonist.

Other shit:
1) You lose all HRE bonuses :(
2) You get all of the ideas of the nation you were (no change)
3) Culture becomes a non-issue (I think)
Last edited by CooLDoG on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I also think there is a bug, because for some reason when Hungry was attacked (I released them as a nation to get more IA) I wasn't called in, given I had a truce, but that should only apply to offensive wars.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:17 am

Post by CooLDoG »

After farting around for a while longer (taking over all of the euro zone), I will perform my next trick:

Basileus
As Byzantium, restore the Roman Empire.
after a wank.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 am

Post by mykonian »

yeah, I know, CD. There are many tier lists for idea groups as there are players. I don't really care about the particulars. I just need to figure out the general thoughts behind valuing ideas.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 60, mykonian wrote:yeah, I know, CD. There are many tier lists for idea groups as there are players. I don't really care about the particulars. I just need to figure out the general thoughts behind valuing ideas.

All are situational. Diplo is very good if you are not a trading power because for diplo power you get useful things instead of trading things. Also, make sure you rotate your ideas around so that you don't fall too far behind on tech.
after a wank.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:31 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

In post 52, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Image

Austria having the trouble of all his country's becoming a combination of Reformed/Protestant/Catholic :lol:

Improvements! Commonwealth unrivaled me so I used him and France to attack Ottomans, and now I have Constantinople :lol:
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:05 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I lilke the westward movement of everybody
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:23 am

Post by CooLDoG »

play CKII trying for Zoroastrian achievements, I have shit pretty well set-up as the Karen start. I think given a few generations I can pull off all of the Persian things.
after a wank.

Return to “The Arcade”