Mafia Scum blood bowl

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Klazam »

how do i make my team get better?

so few teams are near to me in TV
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

All teams in league start at 1000.

You get better by getting SPP, for things like scoring touchdowns, causing casualties, etc.

Once you get a certain amount of Star Player Points, your player gets a new skill, you roll a dice and choose a skill from a set of skills based on the roll.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by Garmr »

I saw all the sp on that elf team and I'm glad i got them now lol (edit also noticed he got two mvps how do i get two mvps)
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Klazam »

someone conceded
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Klazam »

never concede, you lose 5 spp
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Post by Garmr »

so sudo do you have skype.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:58 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yes, but I only have a microphone on my tablet right now, so I have to have advance warning to log on.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Garmr »

Can you play now is that advanced enough :P
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, but 7:30 in the morning when I'm leaving for work in half an hour is probably a bad time. When I get home, around 4 PST, should work.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Garmr »

so like 8:30 am my time sounds good.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Garmr »

i'm up barely lol
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hey, sorry Garmr; there was a brush fire on the side of the freeway, and traffic took forever. I'm home now, though.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by Garmr »

Thats chill got all day lol so I will make the game and calling it sudovsgarmr
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

I lost by one could of been 2 I will let sudo do the war report since that's the winners right :P.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So it was a game that was decided by people rolling 1s and 6s in basically any critical moment.

First half, Garmr recieves, and punches some elves, but gets no joy. Picks up, cages, and tries to make his way diagonally down the field, but the elves are annoying and manage to screen off and keep up. Around midfield, the wardancers manage to chain push to get a blitz on the ballholder, knocking him down, but the ball bounced directly into a Saurus, who rolled a 6 on the catch. This did make things awkward, since the Saurus was stronger, but easier to screen off. Garmr tries to get something going on the sideline, but double skulls. My strip ball wardancer gets the ball free on a -2, but I fumble the recovery trying to pass it back, and get a bunch of players pinned against the sideline. He recovers the ball with a skink after I failed a dodge, but left him on the sideline with no protection so he could punch some elves, and the Skink got surfed, leading to a 0-0 at the half.

3 elves knocked out, 1 recovers, compared to a Sauri and a skink KOed, neither recovers, plus a banned skink gives the Elves a 9-8 man advantage for the second half.

Second half, I get the kick, send a bunch of elves into the opponent's half. He covers all the ones in scoring range, but being down people and wanting to put pressure on the ball carrier, he left some of my short options open. I hand off to one, and sprint to the sidelines. Using a sideline screen, I stall out until turn 6, then score, leaving him 3 turns to equalize.

The kick goes deep, he tries to protect, but too many elves dodge through to harass him. He tries to dodge through using stunty, but falls over. I get a chance to score a second goal, but my lack of experience with the UI means I fail to do a handoff. So the game ends 1-0.

Garmr was good, but got a little unfortunate, with the Saurii armor breaking, the kos not recovering, and getting caught on fouls. I wasn't really a big fan of all the fouling, which is my only major criticism- fouling elves is a good strat, but Garmr was often pulling 3-4 players out of position every turn to get a stomp off, even if it was a rookie lineelf he was stepping on, and even when he was down on the Skinks he'd need to do the ball handling.

After the Nurgle game, where the same sort of thing happened, I get that maybe people just like stepping on elves.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Garmr »

I will eventually get dirty player on one of my skinks and the good times will roll lol :P
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Garmr »

I also blitzed with the a guy on the ground and I didn't know you coul;d blitz and run that far with a guy on the ground other wise i would of went for it so i'd be out out your range when i was close to scoring.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Let's get those games in. I will be playing mine with Klazak today or tomorrow. I should know my Lustrian Challenge opponent in about 15 minutes.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I am playing against a decent Chaos team in the first round. We are about 40 TV apart from each other and somewhat equal coach rating. So should be a good match.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I am going to desperately try and make tomorrow.
after a wank.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

CoolDog and I draw 1-1

I score getting a bull centaur away from everything turn 4 or 5 of the first half as I'm getting to be on the losing side of the blocks on the other side of the field, and CoolDog pushes his way to a turn 8 touchdown after I blitz his ball carrier turn 8 of mine but just get a pushback.

second half is just us beating the shit out of each other, CoolDog hangs on to the ball for the most part, I knock it away from him a couple times late in the game but can't pick up the ball for shit. Also I kill two of CoolDogs dudes, one of mine is missing a game, and we each had 4 dudes out of the game by the end of the second half.

BLOOOOD BOWLLLLLLL
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

A more flavorful write-up:

The field smelled of Blood once both Teams arrived for the CooLDoG's Crushers v. Angriest Halfmen match. Both teams were of the chaos dwarf variety so blood was expected, but not nearly as much as was about to be whitnessed.

The game started like any normal bloodbowl game. Angriest Halfmen started with a split line formation, while CD's crusher's played for a more "standard" line set-up. Cd's crushers kicked off, and a quick touchdown ensued. The Halfmen's speedy runners found a way to skillfully evade the defense. The touch down was accompanied by the first fatality of the game, partially due to the brutality the halfmen displayed by delaying a touchdown to punish the stupidity of the Crushers.. However, the halfmen were not as astute on offense as they were on defense and a small goblin was able to sneak past the defense and quickly run for a touch down by going for it in the last few seconds of the half.

The second half opened with blood and ended with blood. The ball was kicked off to CD's crushers, with Angriest Halfmen being a man down due to a strained groin suffered while trying to catch the goblin... What resulted could best be described as a brawl more than a blood bowl match. CD's bull was able to pick up the ball and make it to half field, however the massive pile up resulted in the bull hesitating and trying to reverse the field. While all of this running to nowhere was happening each team started to kill each other... literally. With CD's crusher's suffering another fatality and 4 more serious but not life threatening injury's one would think they would be in bad shape, but the punished went both ways as the crusher's lived up to their name by killing an opponent as well as decimating 3 other players making the playing field approximately even. Eventually the Angriest Halfmen were able to tackle the bull who held the ball, but were unable to recover the ball.

Result:
1-1 draw.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

so yeah, all my fucking money is going to go towards buying shitty players so that I don't lose the next game by default.
after a wank.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Garmr »

@cooldog you subsidies if your behind so you can get a hire a extra player for the match.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Blood, Sweat, and Ears go over Angriest Halfmen 3-0. Elves are disgusting when they don't roll 1s.

Return to “The Arcade”