Super Smash Bros

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 9, AngryPidgeon wrote:Game and Watch went from decent to garbage. He was arguably my best character in Brawl and is no so trash its unreal. I think he is the lightest character in the game if not jiggles. Smash attacks do less knock back / range than they had in brawl. the only thing about him that is still good is the back aerial but that isn't enough.
Roy is OP as fuck and is going to top tierlists in the end. Literally nothing weak about him except his throws but having weak throws is not a big disadvantage at all.
No longer being able to edge deny people takes away an interesting part of the game and feels like overkill on top of already removing all the tether-recoveries. RIP Ivysaur.
Fuck little mac. Whose shitty idea was that?

The Game and Watch nerfs were very sad.

I don't really enjoy Sm4sh that much. I think that is because I get dumpstered whenever I play it and so I never want to play so I never get better at it. Vicious little cycle.

I dunno if it is because I am so bad, but it seems to me like there are a lot more gimmicky characters in Sm4sh than there are in Brawl.
Gimmicky to the point that you have to use your own gimmicky character to win.

I loved Brawl. Used to dumpster my friends all the time, until they started playing all these different versions of Brawl like Brawl+, Brawl- (lol so much fun when drunk), Balanced Brawl, and Project M. We switched through so many over the course of 2 months my brain got all fucky and I completely lost the feel for how to play in Project M. Doesn't help that Project M has that annoying air dodge into freefall feature that I absolutely loathe.

Also, my brain got really fucky since Sm4sh. In Brawl, Melee, and regular, I used to almost exclusively use R to shield. Something happened to me and now I almost exclusively use L or fumble between trying to shield and grabbing.

So yeah, in short. I don't play Smash nearly enough anymore and it makes me really sad. :(
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ganondorf was sleeper OP into characters who did not have projectiles (or at least reliable projectiles).

I am both saddened and excited that Sm4sh gave Yoshi the breath of life. I was pretty good with Yoshi in Brawl (lol super armor on your second jump), but some of the quirks about his move set were removed in the 4th installation.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 74, vonflare wrote:*cough* MewTwo'sUpThrow *cough*

The coolest upthrow ever.

Return to “The Arcade”