Lego Dimensions

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Lego Dimensions

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by saulres »

Does anyone have this game, who might be able to describe the gameplay?

All the videos I find, it looks like you're watching a movie and not actually playing a game.

I like the Lego games where you go around smashing things and solving puzzles to get studs to buy stuff, like the DC Comics ones, the Harry Potter ones, the Indiana Jones ones, etc. I don't like the timed aspect of the Marvel one. So I don't know if I'd like Dimensions or not. Any help is appreciated.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Aronis »

kinda late response, but whatever.

So I bought the game a few weeks ago and have for the most part enjoyed it! The game comes with a main storyline that can be completed with just the three original characters and is very similar in gameplay to what you'd find in the other lego games. Then there's also adventure worlds which is like NYC was in the lego marvel game just on a smaller scale, but there are 13 of them or something like that. There are a fair amount of puzzles, five main types, which all revolve around switching the characters around on the portal thing to make them the right color or size or whatever for the puzzle. As far as timed things go, there are about 5 or so races in each world. Other then that I have ran into a single destroy the 5 washing machines in time challenge at atlantis in the DC world and thats it. So I dont think there are very many challenges like that. The main issue I've had with it is that you will need a ton of characters in order to fully complete the game and without them a lot of the gold bricks/adventure worlds will remain inaccessible. And the other thing I've ran into is there's a lack of things I really want to spend coins on to a degree. Because all the vehicles/characters are bought with real money, the only major thing to spend coins on besides some red bricks is upgrading your vehicles and alot of them have very similar upgrades.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:55 am

Post by saulres »

Late is great, I still haven't gotten it, nor heard back from the people who made it who I asked!

Your response is very very helpful, thank you!
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.

Return to “The Arcade”