new fire emblem fuck yeah.

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Fluminator »

Play older games. They better ;)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Vi »

In post 349, popsofctown wrote:I put 200+ hours into advance wars dual strike but haven't finished a Fire Emblem game yet. Maybe I am playing the wrong ones. I can't remember the name of the last one I played but like you get Lucina from smash late in the game and every other level enemies ambush from the edges of the map unannounced and that's kind of annoying because permadeath??
I usually find the dialogue cute enough but the gameplay doesn't feel compelling/fun.
Awakening.
Awakening is a game that's awesome when you play it blind and
incredibly
mediocre afterward. If you're not having the experience of it being awesome when you play it blind, you're not going to like the rest of the game, so put it down and play moar Conquest. Or FE7.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Bitmap »

Anyone playing Three Houses yet?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by PJ. »

If you send me a switch, I'll play three houses
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm already 24 hours (Chapter 7) into Three Houses because I have no self control.

Enjoying it a lot so far, the characters and especially their supports are a breath of fresh air compared to the dumpster fire they gave us in Fates! I also really like how central being a teacher at the Monastery is to the game, and all the new mechanics really help in bonding with your students and building the world.

My only real complaint is that it's a little too easy so far. I am on Hard/Classic and haven't felt the same level of challenge that the Hard modes of other Fire Emblem have given me.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Accidentally skipped/spent 3 weeks resting during Horsebow Moon in the first year. I'm so mad. Otherwise I've been enjoying it a lot
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Faraday »

Claude is one sexy motherfucker

First time playing a fire emblem game, was fun, tho even on hard it wasn't super hard outside of an annoying paralogue or two.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm mad Bernadette doesn't have a rank relationship choices
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 354, Spiffeh wrote: My only real complaint is that it's a little too easy so far. I am on Hard/Classic and haven't felt the same level of challenge that the Hard modes of other Fire Emblem have given me.
While I'm performing necromancy anyway I guess they have patched a "Maddening" difficulty into the game.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Apparently there were plans to remake Path of Radiance for 3DS but they were scrapped when the Bowser’s Inside Story remake failed and AlphaDream collapsed as a result
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Vi »

In post 359, Gamma Emerald wrote:Apparently there were plans to remake Path of Radiance for 3DS but they were scrapped when the Bowser’s Inside Story remake failed and AlphaDream collapsed as a result
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance -and- Ike's Mercenaries

<gags>

I'm all about that Tellius but a bullet might have gotten dodged there... especially since PoR needs some serious balance changes and Nintendo probably wasn't going to let any more effort be spent on the game than needed for it to print money.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

Bowser's Inside Story was so good

But I really wish Nintendo would do more making new games rather than remakes
"Well, I..."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:31 am

Post by KittyMo »

I want a genealogy of the holy war remake
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:52 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i finally get to play this new fire emblem

zero spoilers wish me luck
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I've been going through it slowly.
I started a month ago but you'll probably finish it first.
"Well, I..."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

wheeeee

Spoiler: thoughts
idk I thought it was gonna be overly weebified trash by just the premise but damn. i got to enter it spoiler free and i'm so glad i did. started blue lions per GIF's recommendation
i was like enjoying it pre-timeskip but damn the tone shift was so well executed. seeing the characters as adults again. battle for gronder field contrast with eagle and lions was so well done
i don't think dimitri's character was like perfectly executed or even close to it but damn the way everyone dealt with having him around was.
claude's route was equally good but in different ways. loved maddening a lot more than freddy emblem lunatic. god. 12 lieutenants fight was amazing.

i loved these games as a kid and kind of forgot what it was supposed to be like since radiant dawn was the last one to really do it for me
the contrast between the general juvenile antics of the kids and their supports vs the cast all grown up was just beautiful.

to me this probably was the best fire emblem, and one of the best games that I've ever played.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Spoiler: im playing it on my friends switch. basically just started (no plot things)
love bernadetta. she is my child. i will adopt and raise her
ferdinand - hot. out of anyone id prob b*ng felix but obv i picked the red team so i can raise my daughter.
everyone in the red team seems pretty cool. linhardt is cute. dorothea cool as hell. she sings??? love that for her. edelgard is FINE. if i chose based on like the leaders i'd obv choose claude. found out that you can recruit people to the red team. ACCIDENTALLY REJECTED SYLVAIN. well i was like "oh i feel like i should get to know him better before i let him make this big decision for himself." but then he was like "oh im not interested anymore." i was so stressed about that. hope i didnt blow it permanently. scary

love being able to just sprint around the school and talk to people / eat with them. literally so great. fishing sucks. gardening rules. choir rules. eating rules. just started like the thing where you have to plan lessons and im like fuck. fuck. this is so much info. so i stopped there.

obv i am playing on like the mode where people dont die bc jesus. no
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Oh I just got this. Will come in when I've done a play through.
Don't @ me.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Vi »

I guess I can post here now. Still playing blind.

Spoiler: up to the end of month five
Playing on Hard Mode because I don't feel a need to be mad. The mock battle is still the most difficult thing so far.

Went with Black Eagle House because, despite Claude's best efforts, going with the searingly serious white-haired woman was the most likely outcome from the beginning.

Byleth is okay. Giving enhanced experience to adjacent units is something I should have abused a lot more up until this point. The game doesn't let them throw fisticuffs, which is frigging criminal. Action punching is the best thing in this game; it's everything knives should have been in all the previous games. It occurs to me that there's something wrong with a system where Byleth is good at teaching other people skills that they're good at, but has precious little chance to be better than their students at anything. I'm not sure if a flaming whip sword is better than a flaming chainsaw sword.

Edelgard is okay. Stands in front of army and takes damage. Smash is basically how I got through the early game. Unlocking her budding talent means she can be an axe mage, which is much more my speed.

Hubert is decent enough. I really like what they did with magic in this game; it feels a lot more like how D&D Wizards
should
. He shows up and nukes things a few times on each map, and that's enough. The devs absolutely knew what they were doing when they gave him Mt +5 on gambits.

Ferdinand is okay. Stands in front of army and takes damage. But I already have two people who do that and they're main characters, so... I'm not sure if this guy really serves a purpose.

Linhardt is like the most railroaded mage since Soren. Still, gotta have a healer somewhere. He lacks 3-range, killing power, and durability, so his experience growth is the lowest in the army.

Caspar is not my Hero. He very much does not have the Con for axes. Brawling ability makes him substantially better but he still doesn't take hits well. Hoping he sucks less on a wyvern.

Bernadetta... is a character who calls herself Bernie in 2020. Blatant meme character is blatant meme. But, considering that I favor archers, she has 3-range from the beginning of the game, and she occasionally gets extra hits in, I see a lot of her.

Dorothea is like Hubert but bad. She shows up to hit things with Thunder at 2-range, and then dies if anything comes at her. Later she improves to hit things once or twice with Thoron at 3-range, and then dies if anything comes at her. I'm not convinced she's salvageable, which is a shame because I like her character.

Petra is basically better Caspar. I like her personal skill, as she does seem to wind up in situations where she can one-round but not one-shot enemies at half health. It occurs to me as I type this that if I'm going to sit her on a horsebird I should probably get her trained in lances.

I recruited Sylvain who seems like Better Ferdinand. Mage focus >> no mage focus. Also I think the students outside my House autolevel faster than my actual units, which... hmm.

Overall this game feels like the next evolution of the series after Echoes (and to a lesser extent Fates).
*Combat Arts using durability and not locked to specific weapons feels like how it should have been done to begin with.
*Map quality is dreadful. I really hope I get to hear a second combat theme at some point.
*I've heard in passing that a criticism of this game is that ~everyone can be everything~, and it's kind of true. Classes in all of the prior games are well-defined based on their stat spread and weapon types; here I have the choice between a Myrmidon who doesn't have to use swords, a Soldier who doesn't have to use lances, a Fighter who can use like everything except magic, and a mage that isn't locked to magic. There's no evident difference between three of these (their stats are negligibly different); of course I'm going to go with the mage. Really this gets to one of the things that pisses me off most about FEs from Awakening onward - they make it impossible to plan things in advance because they don't tell you really important things about what staying in a class gets you. I mean, maybe it's always been kind of like that because of hidden growth spreads, but it feels like core mechanics aren't being explained to me. I have little faith in IS to make a balanced roster of classes, so I'm sure there's a right answer in this huge menu of options but the only way I'm going to learn is to spoil myself.
*This game feels very, very slow, and a lot of it is the Explore feature doubling the playtime of the game. I have to wonder if the game is playable if you skip it, because it takes so much more time than the Barracks and My Castle before it. If not, I have a hard time seeing myself replaying this game.
*In fact tbh the turn-based grid combat in this game feels almost like an elaborate minigame, a sideshow to ~plot~ and ~look at this castle~ and, more than that, an idle clicking game. Like I'm pretty sure this game was meant to appeal to people who like seeing gauges go up, without necessarily seeing a reward from it. It's like a distillation of RPGs to where the gameplay is menuing and the awful UI is the main antagonist.

Gambits are kind of neat - I've always wanted an FE game with developed mass combat - but at this particular month-end skirmish (the one in the tower) I'm suddenly becoming very aware of how bullshit they are when enemies use them. Would be nice if they were included in attack ranges or anything like that, but again, the UI of this game leaves a lot to be desired. Also this was released in 2019 and there are still ambush spawns.

I want to like Rhea - partly for the bird name (my first Corrin was named Rhea) and partly because green-haired vaguely sinister woman - but she's like a somewhat stoned somewhat evil Emmeryn. Ah well.

Usually in FE Speed is the most important stat by far, as doubling and getting doubled is a huge deal. In Fates ~Conquest~ it was harder to double people, so Defense became the most important stat. Now the most important stat is weapon weight. 0 AS gets doubled as early as the first map and the bar keeps going up from there, so losing 7 AS from an Iron Axe is suddenly an awful proposition. More reason to go for mages and punching.

So yeah so far I think it's okay but it's not living up to the high praise I'm told this gets.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

Lots of my thoughts are mirrored

Except Dorothea is a treasure
"Well, I..."
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by AcRv »

I don't mind that anyone can be anything, but I mind that classes don't matter. I finished the game with a few iron bows just chilling in my party being traded between people to be used when they need to finish an enemy but can't get adjacent. It made it way too easy, I preferred needing to make meaningful decisions about choosing classes.

The story and gameplay bear no resemblance to each other at all, and things that the story and lore says about Heroes Relics isn't actually reflected in how they can be used.

Also not a fan of "start with a full party and then choose party members to join you or not" as opposed to "on your adventure people slowly join you". It takes out the epic fantasy adventure feel that the earlier games had and it just feels like a medieval high school anime. Which isn't necessarily bad but when you have the epic adventures of Echoes and Awakening to suddenly become "We have high school students fighting the forces of evil and one of them will fall in love with their teacher" it just feels... odd?

The gameplay is a simplified Fire Emblem game (which is still fun) and the story is some weird slice of life/fantasy action anime hybrid (which isn't bad but also isn't really Fire Emblem).

Based on the ones I've played I would say it's probably one of the weaker ones but it's still really good. I enjoy it but like Echoes and Awakening were much better.

The DS and 3DS are the best platforms for the franchise because it allows you have a fully detailed UI about units while also showing the entire map clearly. But also Echoes just has a really easy way of calculating damage which the rest of the series doesn't and you're not relying on a slightly inconsistent red arrow indicating who enemy units will be attacking but not their damage output.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 355, KittyMo wrote:Accidentally skipped/spent 3 weeks resting during Horsebow Moon in the first year. I'm so mad. Otherwise I've been enjoying it a lot
Yep, thats where I got angry and ragequit, havent been back yet.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Vi »

In post 370, AcRv wrote:and you're not relying on a slightly inconsistent red arrow indicating who enemy units will be attacking but not their damage output.
If you hover over the enemy it will show you their damage output and accuracy. It's not always accurate since things change mid-turn but it's always nice to know that two of my units are absolutely getting doubled and killed with perfect accuracy; that's probably
not
going to change short of physically removing the unit that's doing the attacking.

Spoiler: At the end of Crimson Flower
The plot twist of this game is actually pretty cool. Would be nice if they gave you the chance to back out before prematurely ending an Explore day though. From what people are saying, though, Crimson Flower REALLY drew the short straw in rushed development. "...and so Edelgard did what she set out to do, more or less taking the most direct route to do so. Then all the stuff that's been built up to about purging the evil people happened and everyone lived happily ever after."

I kind of came to the conclusion that once you get midway through the game, characters' stats don't really matter. It's like Awakening in how everyone has good growths in everything, and after 35 levels usually everyone is at-least-passable in whatever you want them to do after factoring in class growth rates.

The difficulty curve is more of a difficulty mesa. Everything from Ch. 12 on is much more difficult than everything that came before it except Ch. 1, and the final chapter is impressive in putting lots of enemies in the middle of the map that are more dangerous than the actual final boss. I appreciate how the last three chapters increasingly punish the player for being mounted, which is basically the point of being in a Master class. Flying on the other hand never stops being god-tier; my Petra was more bowverpowered than any Fates-era Kinshi Knight.

The class system is still dubious. As far as I can tell the Master classes don't even have better stats or growths than some of the Advanced classes, but they have better movement and most of the time that matters more. Keeping the rewards for class mastery secret is incredibly dumb because it prevents the player from having the only relevant factor in making a decision to stay in an inferior class. I don't know why Mercenary/Hero exists when Thief/Assassin does; the growths aren't that different and the latter comes with 1 extra Move. I'm not sure why Mortal Savant exists.

Hidden or confusingly-sorted information about battalions and forging and gardening and so forth isn't much better; that bit from my previous post hasn't changed. I'm still not sure if seminars and resting are ever good ideas.

The writing for this game is much better than it was in Echoes (although I maintain Echoes was engineered to suck in some ways), which makes the voicing work much better. The exception was the final boss in the intro to the last Chapter, which was jarringly amateur. It did bother me a lot that a lot of the supports were like "so our parents kind of hate each other, and may have killed each other, but we're friends! :D " which... became a bit monotonous after a while. It made it more interesting when the trend was broken, but in large part it was monotonous. Also Hubert A+ Ferdinand was crackfic af and I enjoyed it.

Honestly given all of the above I'm not sure I can bring myself to replay this again. The game is very, very slow, and the characters/classes ultimately don't seem differentiated enough to make something fun of it. Still, I got 90 hours out of it and I enjoyed the blind playthrough so the experience was worth it.

Also Dorothea is indeed a treasure. She really got the worst fate, setting out with the goal of marrying up but finding that she has a crippling disability in that she's unable to form a single sentence without radiating
sizzling
lesbian energy.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 372, Vi wrote:
In post 370, AcRv wrote:and you're not relying on a slightly inconsistent red arrow indicating who enemy units will be attacking but not their damage output.
If you hover over the enemy it will show you their damage output and accuracy. It's not always accurate since things change mid-turn but it's always nice to know that two of my units are absolutely getting doubled and killed with perfect accuracy; that's probably
not
going to change short of physically removing the unit that's doing the attacking.
It does, but if you move out of the way you have no way of knowing what their damage output will be on a different unit - because the damage calculations are based on the attacked unit's defence/res/the current alignment of the stars. Echoes is straightforward, subtract your defence stat from their attack stat. Whatever the calculation is in this one I couldn't figure it out. So I know that someone will die if I don't move them, but I don't know who will survive if I move them in the way because I can't check their damage until after the unit has ended their turn - so now I know that THIS person will die instead. Or you could have a simple damage calculation method. Unless I'm just silly and am missing something really obvious.
The class system is still dubious. As far as I can tell the Master classes don't even have better stats or growths than some of the Advanced classes, but they have better movement and most of the time that matters more. Keeping the rewards for class mastery secret is incredibly dumb because it prevents the player from having the only relevant factor in making a decision to stay in an inferior class. I don't know why Mercenary/Hero exists when Thief/Assassin does; the growths aren't that different and the latter comes with 1 extra Move. I'm not sure why Mortal Savant exists.
This so much.
Hidden or confusingly-sorted information about battalions and forging and gardening and so forth isn't much better; that bit from my previous post hasn't changed. I'm still not sure if seminars and resting are ever good ideas.
I only use seminars if I'm trying to get a skill up to recruit someone and can't be bothered actually using the weapon. They also increase motivation which is good with a low professor level/if you're sick of running around the monastery giving people gifts. You can also quickly adjust the goals of the people who you want to have motivation to be what the person is lecturing in, get the motivation, and then switch their goals back before the bit that actually gives them experience. They're basically a way to continue the game if you're sick of fluffing about in the monastery. Which I was for the last quarter or so of the game.

It's not a bad game but it certainly wasn't as good as the hype makes it out to be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Vi »

In post 373, AcRv wrote:Or you could have a simple damage calculation method. Unless I'm just silly and am missing something really obvious.
Prt and Rsl are intended to be units' final damage reduction. As far as I know all attack buffs go into Atk. Granted, moving units can cause these things to change (e.g. with Sacred Power, which is +3/+3 to adjacent units).
I only use seminars if I'm trying to get a skill up to recruit someone and can't be bothered actually using the weapon. They also increase motivation which is good with a low professor level/if you're sick of running around the monastery giving people gifts. You can also quickly adjust the goals of the people who you want to have motivation to be what the person is lecturing in, get the motivation, and then switch their goals back before the bit that actually gives them experience. They're basically a way to continue the game if you're sick of fluffing about in the monastery. Which I was for the last quarter or so of the game.

It's not a bad game but it certainly wasn't as good as the hype makes it out to be.
TBF in the last bit of the game the monastery doesn't matter so much because you've already done everything you need to do.

As far as how good the game is, this is what I'm thinking atm.

GAMES I WOULD CONSIDER PLAYING AGAIN

Fates ~Conquest~
Radiant Dawn
Blazing Sword
Path of Radiance
---Three Houses
Sacred Stones
Awakening

GAMES I WOULD RECOMMEND WITH CAVEATS

Binding Blade
Shadow Dragon
Genealogy of the Holy War

GAMES I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Fates ~Birthright~
Fates ~Revelation~
Echoes
Thracia 776

Return to “The Arcade”