Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am

Post by inte »

its industry consensus that for first person shooters that kbm offers an unfair advantage vs controller players because its faster and more precise. its not elitism. its fact. controllers are the wrong tool for a shooter.

i don't get how everyone can agree that fighting games on kbm is awful, but as soon as you say fps games on controller is awful people get themselves in a tizzy.

it might be more fun or be more convenient for you but you're holding yourself back in skill.
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think fps on kbm is better but don't hate those that prefer console

As far as fighting games not being good on kbm, you should research the hitbox. Its a controller for fighting games but has no joystick or d-pad. Instead it has 4 buttons arranged similar to the home row of a keyboard on its left side. I also has buttons for the usual 4-8 fighting game format of your choosing on the right half of it. This controller is a keyboard and it has been banned from some fighting game tournaments. Why you ask? With the hitbox it is possible to block attacks from multiple directions at once by pressing any number of the separate buttons. When a joystick is used, it can only point 1 way at a time. When a d-pad is used it can only truly block one direction at a time as all buttons on the dpad share a similar axis. As there is no shared axis, you can block all directions at once with the hitbox. There are no left right unblockable setups against a hitbox. Fighting Game Tournaments for games that are able to accept hitbox's multidirectional inputs, ban the hitbox as a result.

Mouse is bad for fighting games, yes. But keyboard can be so good, its bannable.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 am

Post by PJ. »

Fake news. Hitbox controllers are not banned from any real fighting game tournaments and they have SOCD cleaner chips in them. Keyboards in general are not banned, some dude played SFV with one at Evo last year.

Also you could do the same thing with a PS360+, which is also not banned.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Some game tournaments don't ban the hit box because the video game's engine is not able to accept the left and right inputs at the same time. If the game can't take both messages at the same time, it doesn't matter that the hit box can send them both. Can the latest street fighter game do that?

The latest street fighter is a playstation exclusive. I don't own a ps4 I own xbox one. Playstation controllers have separate buttons for each dpad input while the xbox has the joined dpad. Can the ps4 controller send both left and right at the same time like the hit box?

If the first question's answer is no then it don't matter if hit box is used. If second one's is yes, then since default ps4 controller can do same thing, then there is no unfair advantage.

Getting back on overwatch topic, there's a new character. I like that she can be tank and support. Those are the two classes I play the most. But as she is no a very good support or a very good tank, I don't think she is going to be that great or meta changing. She'll end up being another niche character like most other hybrids. I feel like they need more unique characters and less hybrids. Zenyatta feels like his slowly getting replaced or phased out with Moira and now Bridgette having similar abilities to him.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:11 am

Post by PJ. »

Hitboxs have a chip that cancels that out and makes it a neutral. It's called a SOCD cleaner.

Also no game has banned hitboxes as far as I know. So you're just wrong.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think any game has banned. I seemed to recall a couple tournaments not liking it a long time back.

That chip is news to me. I don't believe they always had that. If that chip stops the old issues, then that's cool.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

I'm in silver now. Playstyle super changed

Constantly trying to deal with reaper, sym and roadhog....which are the most common hero's in this rank
so...i don't get enough sleep
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 1155, PokerFace wrote:I don't think any game has banned. I seemed to recall a couple tournaments not liking it a long time back.

That chip is news to me. I don't believe they always had that. If that chip stops the old issues, then that's cool.
Melee, but melee is not a fighting game so who cares. Only reason they didn't like it was because they said it made wavedashing easier(very slightly) and it provided comfort that someone using a shitty GC control didn't have (multiple people have retired from Smaah due to chronic hand pain), so one tournament was considering banning anything that wasn't a GameCube controller. But again, not relevant cause smash isn't a fighting game so who cares.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:46 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Does anyone know the best way to take care of a reaper as a tank main. I mainly play tank hero's. And it gets stressful when there is almost always an enemy reaper and your playing a tank hero. I mainly play winston, roadhog, Reinhardt. I also play orisa, zarya, and d.va but less than the other three
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:45 am

Post by inte »

if ur rein shield and wait for a dps to take care of him

if ur roadhog u can hook combo os (hook + left click headshot + melee) him hes pretty easy to hit because he needs to be close for damage. if u miss tho ur dead in like 3 shots

if ur winston run lol
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1159, inte wrote:if ur rein shield and wait for a dps to take care of him

if ur roadhog u can hook combo os (hook + left click headshot + melee) him hes pretty easy to hit because he needs to be close for damage. if u miss tho ur dead in like 3 shots

if ur winston run lol
Rein handling him is all about positioning if you can't rely on your team, need to be able to line up a *short* charge, otherwise you're pretty much screwed.

For Winston it's about picking the proper time to engage. Just don't jump in *on* him until his fade is down and he's already hurting. You finish off a reaper as Winston, and you use your mobility to hit targets that aren't near him(with, hopefully, your teams help).
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

this rein advice is all wrong wait for him to start his e then charge where he is teleporting so he cant dodge it
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:38 am

Post by vonflare »

why would a reaper ever E in view of the enemy
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah, I mean, if he does do that, sure, that works...but idk why that would happen. :P
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

Post by UC Voyager »

people do weird things under pressure
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 am

Post by UC Voyager »

why do you think gengu's tend to try to deflect winston, Moira, zarya, sym, rein, doomfist abilities, and so on
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:36 am

Post by DeathNote »

Habit.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1165, UC Voyager wrote:why do you think gengu's tend to try to deflect winston, Moira, zarya, sym, rein, doomfist abilities, and so on
Because if one person is shooting at you, other people should be as well, and you can thus damage the things that you CAN'T deflect with the shots from the things you can, while also preventing that additional damage and giving yourself a chance to live.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 am

In post 1162, vonflare wrote:why would a reaper ever E in view of the enemy
you hide in the back behind your team where reaper assumes no one is
you suck randomidget
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:35 am

Post by vonflare »

ah yes the classic rein hiding at the back of his team.

let the tracer and junkrat tank for once
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 am

they'll never expect it
you suck randomidget
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1153, PokerFace wrote: Getting back on overwatch topic, there's a new character. I like that she can be tank and support. Those are the two classes I play the most. But as she is no a very good support or a very good tank, I don't think she is going to be that great or meta changing. She'll end up being another niche character like most other hybrids. I feel like they need more unique characters and less hybrids. Zenyatta feels like his slowly getting replaced or phased out with Moira and now Bridgette having similar abilities to him.

I just started playing again after nearly half a year of not caring, and I really like Brigitte, actually. No longer must I choose between smacking enemies or healing friends, now I can do the latter by doing the former. I've found her shield to be not so useful but maybe I just need to git gud. Her ults really good for making pushes/shutting down a push as well. Idk how she fares on PC but on PS4 there's practically two Brigitte every match.

Moira seems like trash to me so far though and I don't know why I'd ever play her, and I'm really hoping there's something I'm missing because I like the concept and I'd like to be David Bowie but I just don't see it happening
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Elbirn »

And if I might chime in on what is now a 2 month old conversation, unless I'm playing a turn based strategy/RTS I'm going to use a controller and you can't stop me
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:35 am

In post 1171, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1153, PokerFace wrote: Getting back on overwatch topic, there's a new character. I like that she can be tank and support. Those are the two classes I play the most. But as she is no a very good support or a very good tank, I don't think she is going to be that great or meta changing. She'll end up being another niche character like most other hybrids. I feel like they need more unique characters and less hybrids. Zenyatta feels like his slowly getting replaced or phased out with Moira and now Bridgette having similar abilities to him.

I just started playing again after nearly half a year of not caring, and I really like Brigitte, actually. No longer must I choose between smacking enemies or healing friends, now I can do the latter by doing the former. I've found her shield to be not so useful but maybe I just need to git gud. Her ults really good for making pushes/shutting down a push as well. Idk how she fares on PC but on PS4 there's practically two Brigitte every match.

Moira seems like trash to me so far though and I don't know why I'd ever play her, and I'm really hoping there's something I'm missing because I like the concept and I'd like to be David Bowie but I just don't see it happening
the shield is so that you can run at people without being one hit rather than to defend people
or to tank a dva ult or something
also the day that i stop repping zenyatta will be the day i die
you suck randomidget
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Moiras OP because of her range and healing orb.

As someone who has almost 40 hours on pharah, I will say it is retarded when you are 80 feet in the air and moira is just draining your health.

Zen will probably always be healer meta. Though the top support main in the top 500 is goodlucio who is a Lucio one trick.

Weather or not briggite will be meta all depends if her damage is high enough to make up for her 5 sec cool down on her pack. So far, I think she will be meta.

Return to “The Arcade”