Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Marquis »

you can't complete a hack if you take damage though - so you need to be behind a shield to stop a reaper ult or just evade genji
link in bio
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Clumsy »

There are some ults it won't interrupt. Soldier's Visor and Genji's Dragonblade were 2 examples. Can't activate while hacked, but if you activate them and then hack, it stays on.

Edit: phone is sabotaging me, trying to make me scum slip.
Last edited by Clumsy on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current game: Witch Trials Mafia, in Mini Theme Queue. 2/6 Pre-ins.

Next D&D game: In design stage.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:22 am

Post by MTD »

Cults still OP
still the same old MTD
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Edit: phone is sabotaging me, trying to make me scum slip.
that sounds rather clumsy... sorry

Can Sombra's EMP stop Soldier and Genji ults?

I heard the EMP can knock out player built in shields crippling Zarya and Zenyatta. Is this true? Does it do the same with armor?

If so then I think its OP. 50hp Zenyatta way to squishy. I am fine with it taking out their abilities but erasing that much hp seems too much
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:49 am

Post by MTD »

In post 653, PokerFace wrote:I heard the EMP can knock out player built in shields crippling Zarya and Zenyatta. Is this true? Does it do the same with armor?
I think i read somewhere that it does that, and nothing to armor.
Can't remember where tho so i can't provide a source.
still the same old MTD
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I heard from a Dev talking that it completely breaks shields, but in context of Lucia and Rein. So I'm not sure. If it does, keep in mind that not only does it drop Zen to 50, effectively doing 150 damage, it'll also half Zarya health, equaling 200 damage. Both are seen fairly heavily in the current metal, so it's a
Non-targeted 350 damage on top of all else if this is the case.

I feel like going through and making a list of matchups.

MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by MTD »

I mean, it's up to 2k damage for reinhard, i dont really see why the other should matter more?
still the same old MTD
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Can confirm from second hand knowledge; it does destroy health shields of Zarya/Zen with ult. Interesting. Anything you guys want to test on PTR?

P-edit: Because he still has 500 health after that.

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Clumsy »

So, really good against shield enemies, bad against armored enemies.

Her gun does 8 damage per bullet, so if you hit all of her bullets as body shots within 16 meters, it does 480 damage. That puts her as good against squishies, not too much damage against tanks.

Armor: Reduces damage by either 50% per tick or 5 damage per tick, whichever is less. Her gun does 8 damage per bullet within 16 meters, so against armor, 240 damage, which is a tickle compared to most. Which is fine.

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Keep in mind, these are my personal opinions based on minimal time with Sombra. These also assume decent-good skill with heroes.

Match-ups:

Spoiler: Offense:
Genji: I feel that Sombra wins this match-up. but not hands down. Genji's reliable damage is his dash (which also makes him harder to hit), and his dash and reflect are his survival, and if he tries to climb walls, she Translocates to him.

McCree: Better burst damage against Sombra, but lower tier McCrees would probably need the flashbang. This one is about even, and comes down to circumstance and skill.

Pharah: When she's in the air, Sombra's spread and falloff are going to make it difficult to kill her. The best thing you can hope for is to hack her while she's on the ground so she can't run. If she's up high, she can rain rockets down and she's out of range to be hacked. On ground, after hack, it's a bit of a skill match up. Pharah is a soft counter.

Reaper: Mostly a skill match-up. His shotguns will make it easy to do damage to interrupt the hack, or he can wraith out before if finishes if he notices. Even if hacked, his shotguns will tear her apart (if he is accurate enough) because Sombra has to be close to do decent damage.

Soldier: Soldier definitely has the edge in this match-up. He has 12 more damage per shot (after PTR buff), less spray at medium range, healing aura, helix burst, and Sombra has no defense against the ulti besides translocating out by setting it in advance. If Sombra stealths, he can spray the area. Medium range he just wins, and as long as he puts down healing before getting hacked (if he doesn't just interrupt it) he'll be just fine. Sombra has twice the fire rate, but even with that, Soldier has 4 more DPS. I'd count this as a counter.

Tracer: So here's the thing: an unhacked Tracer hunting a Sombra will probably kill her nearly every time. A hacked Tracer against a Sombra will probably die a good % of the time. So probably skill match-up.

Spoiler: Defense:
Bastion: His spray will nullify her stealth in most cases, and she'll likely die before she can translocate out if a Bastion catches her unaware. If Sombra can sneak up on him though, she can lock him in Turret form (or out of it) for 5 seconds. Version one, he's a sitting duck to ultimates, but still a killing machine, version two, he is a less effective Soldier 76 for 5 seconds. Not super useful in my opinion. She can just unload into his weak spot from behind, but that armor might give him a chance to survive and turn around if he's fast.

Hanzo: Long range, Hanzo wins if she's not cloaked. Short range he still has his scatter arrow... unless he gets hacked. But his Sonar arrow reveals a stealthed Sombra. I'd give the edge to Hanzo, mostly for Sonic Arrow.

Junkrat: TrashMouse spam can cause problems for Sombra, unstealthing her and probably just outright killing her, since she has 200 health. Grenade>Mine combo would also probably kill her. He will have problems preventing a hack attempt outside of the mine though. He can also boobytrap her translocator if he finds it. I think RubbishRodent counters her.

Mei: Hard counter. Sombra sneaking around? Spray that ice. Reveal. Icicle. Head to head fight? Spray. Icicle. Hacked and ambushed? Spray. Icicle. Sombra tries to run? Spray. Icicle. Medium range battle? Icicle. See the pattern?

Torbjorn: His armor will make Sombra assassination much harder, and he packs a decent weapon for both mid range fights and close range defense. Sombra can hack his turrets, but it's only for 10 seconds (he'll just place another when it gets destroyed) and only if it's actively firing at someone else, or it'll just shoot her and cancel the hack. I'd say soft counter.

Widowmaker: Long Range is obvious. Ult up or non stealthed Sombra? Dead Sombra. She can also pick her off if she tries to attack someone other than Widow. Up close, assault rife form has less DPS than Sombra, but the spray can make it difficult to hack an aware Widow. Grappling hook will roughly equal Translocator, and Widow Mine will help against a stealthed/soon to stealth Sombra. Ult+Snipe is probably the biggest deal though. Decent counter.

Spoiler: Tanks:
D.Va: D.Va's huge armor means Sombra will barely tickle her. The spray of her cannons will find a stealthed Sombra easily. Sombra will however be useful in getting the Defense Matrix down for ults, which is a big deal. It might also prevent her from ulting on the point, which can decide a match. Sombra won't kill her, but it will make her biggest strengths gone, and that can easily change the tide of a fight.

Reinhardt: His armor makes it hard for Sombra to do much damage to him, but of course that's not the point. Hacking Rein puts him in a position without his shield, which is his strongest team-oriented ability, without his only ranged attack, without his movement in his charge, and only a hammer to his name. Which, if he's in a defensive position, is really really bad for him. You won't kill him, but your team will. And then the rest of the team.

Roadhog: Get hooked, you're dead. Invis will be hard to use with him. All your hacking will do is prevent him from 1 shotting people for 5 seconds (hint: his hook CD isn't much longer than that anyway). Most useful thing will be countering his ult or preventing his heal.

Winston: Oh boy, super hard counter here. His leap is farther than your Translocator's throw, same CD, your stealth will be useless and instantly deactivated, and if at full health, he has a tiny bit of armor. Best you can hope for is that you can sneakily hack him and prevent him from jumping out from a team fight. Avoid at all costs. Play Winston to counter Sombra.

Zarya: I feel like this will be a double edged sword. She can AoE or spasm your beam around to decloak Sombra. You can hack to prevent barrier use, and maybe translocate throw will take you far enough out of the ult. Your ult will be huge against her though, instantly dealing 200 damage to her (if at full health) and disabling her barriers. This is edged towards Sombra.

Spoiler: Supports:
Ana: Ana in particular will have a hard time with Sombra. Her only good choice for decloaking Sombra is her grenade, which is also her only means of healing herself. If hacked, she can do neither. It'll take 3 shots with her rifle to put Sombra down, whereas Sombra will eat through her health bar. Her only defences are her abilities, which Sombra will just hack away. Sombra will counter Ana.

Lucio: Lucio will be one of the better ones against Sombra. She can hack him, but the only thing it will do is make him unable to switch songs or Amp it Up, which might be on CD anyway. His healing or speed will stay on while hacked though. He has the mobility/self healing to get away from Sombra, and the biggest weakness is her ult countering his. If he is careful about timing his ult while Sombra doesn't have hers, he will probably be the best healing support against her, just ahead of Mercy. No real kill potential though.

Mercy: In 90% of cases with Mercy, if you're without a teammate, you're dead. This is one of those cases. If you're with an ally, hopefully they'll kill Sombra before she kills you. Mercy can try to Guardian Angel away from Sombra, but if she gets her hack off, Mercy is even more defenseless. Her healing beam will be good for keeping a target alive against Sombra however. During a teamfight, Sombra should seek out the hiding Mercy and hack her so she can't fly to the team and Rez.

Symmetra: In a straight up fight, Symmetra might win the DPS race, but it all depends on Sombra's accuracy. Hacking Symmetra does essentially nothing to her, and the lock on M1 ensures that Sombra won't escape using Thermoptic Camo. Sombra's EMP ultimate will devastate her health pool, however, making her an easy pick-off. I'm still not sure what hacking the teleporter or turrets will do, but if you have long enough to hack it, you have long enough to destroy it.

Zenyatta: Zen is worse off than Symmetra, mainly because he won't be able to apply Orb of Discord to Sombra if she surprises him with a hack, cutting his DPS down a lot against her. He has no mobility, so if Sombra gets the drop on him, bye bye Zen. Also her ultimate similarly wrecks him.

Spoiler: Conclusion
I feel like Sombra is going to shake up the meta. She counters some of the biggest people in the current meta, namely Rein and Zen, and is countered by some off meta picks, like Soldier and Torbjorn. She's strong, but I don't think OP. She'll have a particular place in a team, probably taking the flanker spot in the lineup. Pairs well with Pharah, Reaper, Reinhardt, D.Va, and Zarya, as it enables all of their ults by preventing enemies from countering them with speed boosts, shields, or defense matrix. She has a lot of power in claiming the health packs, and gets ult charge for people healing off of them! I'm most interested in seeing how she'll be used in non-point areas, if she will at all. I think there's a lot of potential in KOTH, either in breaking the defense or solidifying it by claiming all the nearby healthpacks/denying their health pack usage.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Clumsy on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Psyche »

white font is silly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 660, Psyche wrote:white font is silly
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by PJ. »

seriously tho why in the fuck did you content post in a way that makes it god damn impossible to read
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by MTD »

mafblack :)
still the same old MTD
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Sombra is on ptr. A friend and I tested all her kit out so I may post a chart later on what sees through cloak, what does not.

And a chart on what ults can start firing and be imediatly silenced by sombras hack or emp. All ults can be stopped if you hack a person before they fire it, but what if Sombra hacks them after they start? I may post a chart later

Weirdest thing I learned, Symetras turrets can not be hacked or EMPed. Torbs turret can be hacked and emped.

Also I found way to get the trans-locator in to almost every Spawn. There is a way to bounce it and hook it into the majority of them. Blizzard is gonna need to fix this.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looks like someone already made a video on what you can and can not emp or hack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xck5zkPEk-g
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

My knee jerk reaction to sombras emp and hack were, she is OP

After testing and seeing how wonky it is I think she needs more testing but only certain aspects of it make it OP.

You should be able to shoot her translocator and the emp should not remove 200 from zarya and cripple most supports. I see those built in shields as passive abilities and if pharah can still fly, they should still have those
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 660, Psyche wrote:white font is silly
In post 662, PJ. wrote:seriously tho why in the fuck did you content post in a way that makes it god damn impossible to read
I didn't even realize that people wouldn't be able to read it. I forgot not everyone uses MafBlack, lol. Would there be a better color I can change that to that isn't black or grey?

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:08 am

Post by PJ. »

Something that looks good in sepia. The one true mafia theme
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 668, PJ. wrote:Something that looks good in sepia. The one true mafia theme
Ew

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

What's wrong with using forum default or not setting a color at all for that text? It will appear black in sepia and white in maf black that way
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Clumsy »

The problem was that I was trying to make it fancy with colors, but I couldn't get it to go back to default after the spoiler color, so I did code to make it white, which is default on my screen. I removed all colors, it should all be legible now.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 668, PJ. wrote:Something that looks good in sepia. The one true mafia theme
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:44 am

Post by vonflare »

mafsilver master race
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Jahudo »

3v3 is fun. Theres probably already a tier list of who to play in there but I hope it sticks around and isnt too try-hard

Return to “The Arcade”