Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Accountant »

My rule for getting cheesed off at people is that you must:

1) Pick within meta/fitting to team comp

OR

2) Do reasonably well

because the presence of either factor means that they're at least putting in effort to try to win
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Three points.
First of all, when your team has that sort of comp and NOBODY refuses to compensate, play a different tank. They're not going to be playing behind your shield anyways, so go Winston and dive backlines with (the majority) of them.(just a note with that comp you listed just a switch from rein to zarya/Winston for you, and the same from one of the flankers, can make that work quite well, with your double flanker dps with support from you guys forcing the enemy team into bad spots and giving Hanzo space to get picks.
Second....don't get "cheesed at" (I've never heard that phrase before!) people. It doesn't do anything positive. Your irritation isn't going to shame someone into changing, and it's going to just hurt the teams morale and make people less likely to try.
Third, speaking of trying...unless those people are deliberately trolling people(unlikely to be the case most of the time) they're almost certain trying their best. Maybe they simply don't have the game sense you do and they don't understand WHY their pick isn't working in that match in particular. Maybe they're simply having an off day and are going to be shit at anything. Either way, as frustrating as it is to know that you're being forced to fight 5v6 constantly because of someone who isn't being productive, no good comes from displays of unhappiness or annoyance.

Suggest people change, AND EXPLAIN IT TO THEM, NICELY, ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE PLAYING AN OFF META HERO. They almost certainly get shit for playing that hero all the time, and if you approach it wrong they WILL just tune you out. Talk to the rest of the team, and see what other swaps are possible, to make it possible to get into an EFFECTIVE( NOT meta, effective!) comp...basicalky, work with the problem as best you can.

Of course, if people aren't communicating with you at all, well....there's not much you can do about it.
And if you can't do anything about it, what's the point of getting upset about it?
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Accountant »

I try not to flame people. I usually go "please switch, we need healer" and then when they don't I play my best, lose anyway and come to this thread to vent

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Give then more options! Tell them you're willing to switch to whatever to fill, hut that your team needs some healers and/or tanks and you can't be all of them!
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Clumsy »

Cerberus said it perfectly, the only one that will be behind your shield in that lineup is Zen, so you're better off going disruption (Winston) or a Zarya (can bubble your flankers, Graviton synergizes with Tracer bomb and Genji Blade). The best you can do when your team refuses to work with you, is to play around them. Reinhardt is an amazing hero, but his impact is only as good as those behind his shield. I do absolutely think that your team should have had another or a different healer though. Zen does not heal enough to solo heal. A solo Mercy or solo Ana could work, but one of them along side the Zenyatta would be much better.

On another note, it feels good to have your main be buffed. :D
Kari
Kari
Goon
Kari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Kari »

i play on ps4. i have no mic, im a nub. i lag. i play anything but comp unless i wanna farm exp then i play comp (i do try to win obviously). if i wanna dick around i play bots. if i wanna get trophies or just chill, i play qp. i play arcade if i need weekly wins done.

my psn is LightBeam14. just say your MS identity in the message if you add me
There are few things in life worth appreciating~
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

playing meta isnt a big deal tbh unless your hero is really bad at that point. Torb isn't meta but if you know how to use him (a.k.a not just sit behind your turret he is really effective
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:13 am

Post by Accountant »

Hence my second rule

Kari
Kari
Goon
Kari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Kari »

In post 856, Randomnamechange wrote:playing meta isnt a big deal tbh unless your hero is really bad at that point. Torb isn't meta but if you know how to use him (a.k.a not just sit behind your turret he is really effective
every fucking torbjorn i ever had the displeasure of meeting sat behind his fucking turret and kept getting his shit rekt....and he stayed with torbjorn and we lost because of his shit...
There are few things in life worth appreciating~
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:31 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 858, Kari wrote:
In post 856, Randomnamechange wrote:playing meta isnt a big deal tbh unless your hero is really bad at that point. Torb isn't meta but if you know how to use him (a.k.a not just sit behind your turret he is really effective
every fucking torbjorn i ever had the displeasure of meeting sat behind his fucking turret and kept getting his shit rekt....and he stayed with torbjorn and we lost because of his shit...
i know. but this means that when you play torbjorn properly you take people apart. you shred tanks, can 1v1 most champs and your ult turns fights easily.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I started adding people, then realized I'm lazy.

Cerberusv666#1809
NA
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

I used to play this game
but then I got demotivatied.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Clumsy »

What system Alisae?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

PC
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Me too. I need to get back into playing it, because it's something I'm actually good at (for once). Want to play sometime?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

Meeeeeeeeeh I'm decent at it.
Haven't really felt like touching it lately tho.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, although the buff to my main may bring me back into it. Mercy invulnerability <3
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also Overwatch doesn't have the rocket jumping mechanics like tf2 does and I'm sorta a comp tf2 veteran so...
Rather play tf2 tbh.
GTKAS
| here.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 867, Alisae wrote:Also Overwatch doesn't have the rocket jumping mechanics like tf2 does and I'm sorta a comp tf2 veteran so...
Rather play tf2 tbh.
Soldier and zarya can rocket jump. If you like flying in the sky while raining missiles down on enemies, try Pharah.

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Clumsy »

I never got good at TF2, but those rocket jumps are nothing like TF2's rocket jumps. TF2's are closer to if Pharah's concussion blast had a half second cooldowb and could also launch her straight up.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 868, Accountant wrote:
In post 867, Alisae wrote:Also Overwatch doesn't have the rocket jumping mechanics like tf2 does and I'm sorta a comp tf2 veteran so...
Rather play tf2 tbh.
Soldier and zarya can rocket jump. If you like flying in the sky while raining missiles down on enemies, try Pharah.
I'm talking about this or like it.
In post 869, Clumsy wrote:I never got good at TF2, but those rocket jumps are nothing like TF2's rocket jumps. TF2's are closer to if Pharah's concussion blast had a half second cooldowb and could also launch her straight up.
Not even close bud.

Also I like to pub and play spy cuz I used to be a spy main that played comp and I'm good at it and it's fun.
GTKAS
| here.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I did some research on the 24th hero. Here is what I think is gonna happen based on what I found

Efi's dad is the original doom fist, the savior. Voiced by Terri Crews I would hope

Talon is going to steal the generation two doom fist and give it to their leader. The leader is not going to be the new character in the game

The new character is a 4 legged OR15 bot that has the brad ford arm. As it was built by efi who is a descendent of doom fist and this new character is going to beat up the leader when he has the generation 2 fist, this robot is going to be the successor and the new character without having either gen 1 or 2 doomfist. Unless Bradford arm is another name for generation 1 doom fist when efi modifies it. This new character will not be called doom fist. As the user can choose savior or scourge. good or evil, its best the character is called successor or has a name that is not doomfist

Abilities.

Can attract or repel projectiles with shift. Like lucio's cross fade you choose one or the other.

Ultimate is the giant ground pound you saw in previous doom fist cinematic but with a catch. Pending what shift is on, you either repel your targets with knock back on the pound, or you bring them to you

Given the to-do list from efi I am betting the new character has HP and Shield. That way it can passively get some of his health back. Attracting damage from projectiles to yourself instead of your team mates is gonna make you loose a lot of health. It either gets a lot of health, has shield and hp, or has some healing ability as the E.

Perhaps the E is used to charge the shift. After all if your shift was everlasting and always repelled projectiles, it would be difficult to kill you. It may need some limit unlike crossfade. Or perhaps the repelled projectiles have greater chance or hitting your teammates. Savior or scourge. Save your team by taking the damage or have them take it for you.

Right click and left click are melee attacks that propel you forward with different fists. Perhaps one is a jab where you stand still while the other propel's you forward
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

efi's robot is called axiom

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Patch Notes:

Competitive Play:

-Fixed a bug preventing "60 seconds remaining" and "30 seconds remaining" voice lines from playing during the second round of a match

OKAY SO I'M NOT CRAZY
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Venmar »

Apparently one of the people I work with is one of the best Roadhog players in the world? Everyone at my work seems to play Overwatch...
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--

Return to “The Arcade”