Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:21 am

Post by vonflare »

lol i just got the 80% achievement accidentally while completing the all chars achievement
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:23 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 974, PokerFace wrote:My placements games have not been fun. Every one has had a hanzo in it on my team. One game had a hanzo, widow, sym, and torb on my team on offense. And another game had 3 guys throwing. The mei put up an ice wall in spawn to block us while the other 2 in that party put up a tele on a cliff and laugh taunted. I'm 1-4 as a result. Why do people do trash like that in comp? I don't understand.

I did only my placements first season as that all I had time for with how late i got the game during that season.

Season 2 did only placements. Friends weren't allowed to play with me because they were ranked low.

Season 3 I played only with friends in placements. Did better than I ever did statistically, got lowest rank ever possibly because Blizzard said there system was broke and everyone would get lower. Seems its still broke if I do better in every tracked stat and get lower rank. I had little motivation to keep playing. Figured I should try solo queuing in season 4 and see what that does for me.

But the system is indeed bugged because last game I played which was my 4th loss this season, I was solo and paired with a group of 5. The opening game conversation was "alright whose turn is it to play support and get the low SR because Blizzard has bugs?" (There are youtube videos and forum posts on blizzard forums about this stuff) They started that conversation and all bickered over whose turn it was. I chose Zen and eventually had to switch to lucio since I suck at Ana and Zen can not solo heal especially when none of those 5 ever did pick a support. 4 of them were tank and the last one was a Hanzo.

Why do people play like this kinda shit not wanting to win in comp? I may have to not finish in solo queue since my motivation is 0 after all this shit
had a 3 man stack in comp before who announced that they were doing a "do not ult for the entire game" self imposed challenge

apparently quickplay doesn't exist???
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seems that way. Part of me hopes that they all only did this because it was their placement matches. Some people believe placement matches mean nothing after all. Still thats not an excuse. Its a hope that all comp matches don't have shit like this in them
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I would say a good 85-90% of my games are with a cooperative team. Most of that has people actively talking and making calls and coordinating hero picks. You'll get those people that will refuse to play anything other than Genii, even against a bad matchup, but it's better to work around them than against them.

Those other times are frustrating though.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

Yes about 9/10 of my games are with people who just want to win and pick normal comps but that 1/10 is what I remember and complain about

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I was playing a match where our mercy got mad and went attack torbjorn.
People got pissed but he refused to hear anything. Eventually we made some switches to accommodate for it (iirc our rein played mercy a lot and switched, and i went rein). The torbjorn ended up carrying us and winning, so lol. pretty good
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Can the handle with care achievement be gotten with all heros?

I had it 83 when i beat it and did not get it on all heros. I thought it was possible. Glitch?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by vonflare »

you have to be on hard mode to get it, were you on normal?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

We were on hard. Just beat it again. Still did not get. Guess its glitched :(
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 982, vonflare wrote:you have to be on hard mode to get it, were you on normal?
This, and you also can only get it on the regular uprising, not the any hero version.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Like I said we were on hard both times. It was 83% one time and 80% another. Neither time got it.

When you got it von, did you get the achievement right when the cart unlocked the next part or when you win at the end?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 981, PokerFace wrote:Can the handle with care achievement be gotten with all heros?

I had it 83 when i beat it and did not get it on all heros. I thought it was possible. Glitch?
LIke I said, per my googling you can't get it with all heroes. :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Von's post suggests he got it in any heros. Him and I were trying to get it that way early in last weekend
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 987, PokerFace wrote:Von's post suggests he got it in any heros. Him and I were trying to get it that way early in last weekend
i got it on normal uprising, trying to finish off the 4-heroes achievement.

maybe you can only get it on normal uprising?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In any case, I don't think it's super difficult to get it with a competent rein who focuses on keeping the payload shielded from the small laser ones. That's the real threat. With zero coordination/playing with randoms on normal difficulty I've got fairly close to pulling it off, so I imagine with teammates you actually talk to it should be reasonable.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

I drew randoms on hard and got to the bit where the payload blows up. Did to the first orisa.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

I drew randoms on hard and got to the bit where the payload blows up. Did to the first orisa.

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 985, PokerFace wrote:Like I said we were on hard both times. It was 83% one time and 80% another. Neither time got it.

When you got it von, did you get the achievement right when the cart unlocked the next part or when you win at the end?

I got it on accident as well. Think it was the classic heroes version. The achievement popped up as we finished the payload part I believe.

I've got every achievement except Legendary because I didn't know you needed to do that on classic. :(
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 985, PokerFace wrote:Like I said we were on hard both times. It was 83% one time and 80% another. Neither time got it.

I got it when the cart exploded
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

We should get together and do the legendary thing. I wasn't going to bother, but my homegirl got it and their score was apparently like #98 on the leaderboards, so I need to eclipse her. :p
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I am interested in this product or service
But I have overwatch for ps4 and I'm sure no one else does
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Clumsy »

PC here. And yeah, I'd be down. I can do either Reinhardt or Mercy. If we could get a team of 4 with communication and a strategy going into it, that would help a lot.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

honestly I think you need a competent torb and rein to get the 80% left. Since I can't do both, its not working well. I'd appreciate someone getting on to help me with one of those
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Jahudo »

that officer dva. looks like im playing heroes of the storm.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by vonflare »

It's actually not awful tbh. Not as good as Dota but definitely better than league.

Return to “The Arcade”