Supercell Games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Supercell Games

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I didn't see a thread for this, but there probably is/was one at some point given how popular their games are. Supercell is the company behind Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale, and others.

Like LoL, I can see the appeal of CoC and BB, but neither of those games are really for me. They're a bit too slow and a bit too, uh, non-real-time, for lack of a better word. I can definitely see the appeal to both of them though. If anyone wants to discuss those games, feel free. I played them both a little bit, but I didn't have the patience to wait weeks to finally have a strong enough army to really compete beyond the most basic levels, nor did I have the desire to pay-to-win as Supercell games are very guilty of falling victim to. I'm of the opinion that you don't really need to pay-to-win, but you're sure saving yourself a lot of time. Boom Beach especially I felt like I couldn't take on a real life player without really building myself up over several weeks. Even when you can start taking on people, you're really just fighting their defenses, so, to me, you're really missing out on a certain charm of online gaming.

In any case, I've found myself addicted to Clash Royale, however. Does anyone play that? I'm level 8 and my trophies usually stick around the low 2000's. Favorite cards? Decks you've had success with?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

ive grown to hate Clash Royale... its just too fast paced and i can never get a good run going...

I was in Arena 4 after a while but i seem to be stablizing in arena 3 (Pekka's playhouse and Barbarian bowl, respectively.) As such i cant seem to get high enough to get newer better cards i've basically lost the will to play on.. out of fear that i'll drop down to arena 2 or 1.

BB is weird for me. its very hard to grasp what i need to do, and added to the fact that i'm competing with other people for the same resourses.. i dont like that.

CoC is better for me. I feel it rewards patience and i dont feel too pressured to improve right away.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I've went back and forth with it. There are days, especially when I get on a losing streak, that I want to just uninstall the game and never play again, but, like most things, you keep at it and you'll see success again. The trophy system is pretty fair in that way, I think. There's just a matter of seeing enough games to where you can see how each card plays, especially in conjunction with other cards, and how to attack/defend with it. But I've finally created a main deck that I truly feel like I own and can, while certainly not always win, I can minimize mistakes and play effectively enough to draw most times that I don't win.

How long have you been playing CoC? I played it for a little while, but I felt like I was kind of late to the party. I gave up on it, but I wonder if I gave up prematurely because I've since heard that once you can start to join clans is when the game really starts to shine.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hi I'm obsessed with Clash ROyale.
green shirt thursdays
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Kappy »

I like both BB and CoC, but I don't play either much now that I've started playing CR. I have two accounts, one a level 7 in low Arena 4, the other a level 6 in high Arena 3
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 6:14 am

Post by RedCoyote »

My highest was 2918 trophies. I cannot break into the last arena for the life of me. I think the Royal Giant should be slightly nerfed. For a while I was doing okay with not having a building in my deck, but I pretty much auto-lost to anyone that has two building attackers (e.g. Giant/Balloon or Royal Giant/Hog). I got my first legendary a couple weeks ago, a Miner, which I didn't like until the buffed him recently. So now I have a Miner/Hog/Zap deck that has done pretty well for me. Any strategies y'all having luck with?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Bumping this as it's been a while. I don't host tournaments very often, but I'd be glad to if there was anyone interested. I'm still incredibly hooked on Clash Royale. I've been playing almost daily since early April. There's something so sexy about a game that I can boot up in 5 seconds on my phone and play a bite-sized, 3-5 minute, head-to-head, RTS-ish game. My new high is 4349, and I honestly think I have running room from there depending in large part from my starting hand and the opponent's starting hand/deck. I also have a level 1 account that I play on when I'm bored. I'm pretty tapped out on that one unless I get some legendaries on it. My high on that one is 1961. My goal is to get that up to 2K with no legendaries, but there's much more luck involved in that as once you get to the mid-to-high thousands the players are starting to have a grasp on the overall game mechanics and aren't just throwing random cards.

Curious if anyone else is playing now as it's been out for almost a year now. Happy to swap thoughts or join one another's clans for battles sometime.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

I played clash royale for a spell. My highest trophies were 2352. It was fun for a while but it started making me angry after a while. I never got any legendaries. The gameplay could be very frustrating at times. Its almost like the game is/was programed to knock you back down if you were doing well for too long. I got in to tracking the chest cycle and would try to make sure I pushed as high as I could when a special chest was about to come around but when I'd drop down an arena just before I'd completely lose it. Then the taunts would put me over the edge. I had to stop playing. Might could be persuaded to play again if there were a mafiascum clan to join maybe. It's been long enough maybe I could give it another go.

CoC on the other hand I play all the time. Probably for like 3 years now. Recently went up to TH10 after maxing out everything in TH9. I go through phases where I'll be very active for a few weeks farming for upgrades and then phases where I only log in to do my clan war attacks. I'm a co in my clan and we're a lvl 11 clan now. Don't know anybody in the clan outside of CoC just been playing with them for so long. Pushed up to champs once for the gem reward but usually stay lower trophies for better farming returns. Don't really see any reason to try to play around in Titan/Legend leagues. More proud of my 1276 war stars. And never had to spend any real money to get to where I'm at either.

Return to “The Arcade”