BattleCON: War, Devastation or Fate of Indines

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

BattleCON: War, Devastation or Fate of Indines

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Troll gives warm greetings to all!

BattleCON be a board game that simulates a computer fighting game (like Street Fighter.) Troll knows thanks to the search function that at least some at Mafiascum be familiar with it. It takes place over a maximum of 15 beats, and it be a pretty feasible game to play via forums if both players have access to the cards. This could be done with spoiler tags or through a moderator.

This post be to gauge interest here at Mafiascum. It could possibly go in the whole general mish-mash (and the games would if they came to be,) but Troll decided to start at the game discussion forum first.

Here be some online resources if any be interested:

Let Troll know if that sounds interesting, or if you have any questions. Troll thanks you in advance for any interest!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

*edited to be a more informative OP.
Last edited by Zorblag on Tue May 17, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Cybele »

This looks interesting. I'll look for a copy and check this out!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by xofelf »

Holy shit, troll is here?! Amazing. If you need any other things for this, especially if this goes to mish mash, I'm the forum mod to chat to about that atm as I'm the one with a working computer. Glad to see you and this looks neat.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I miss you Troll :(
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Cybele, actually Troll, upon thinking about it, would recommend checking out the free print and play version if you no be familiar but want to see if the game be interesting. That link be a way to download 4 good beginning characters as well as the digital rulebook. If you take a look and it seems appealing Troll be happy to play with those four characters for a game or two. Let Troll know what you think and if there be any questions Troll could answer.

@xofelf, Troll thanks for the offer of help! At this point this one should be easy enough to handle if there be others interested. We no should need a moderator and creating the thread be easy enough. If any games get started Troll will try to make an announcement over in the appropriate thread in mish-mash, but it shouldn't take any work on your end (hurrah for no more work!)

@Papa Zito, Troll be here now though, so there be no need to miss Troll at this time. :] You should think about playing this game if it looks at all interesting.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, another way to see how the game be played would be to watch Rodney Smith's Watch it Played rules video. It be a good introduction to the rules and one should be able to play a game after that and have a good idea of what to expect.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 10:04 am

Post by xofelf »

I wasn't sure if you would want additional threads outside of just the basic one in Mish Mash, that's all. But you're welcome, just doin my job :) If you're curious about if there's interest, I'd also suggest linking to this thread in the Mish Mash Game List. I'm not too sure how many people actually check this forum.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Cybele »

agh, i didnt see your last post and have actually gone ahead and picked up Devastation of Indines, lol. It's cool because I was sure to quiz the staff at the game shop and I'm fairly certain that this is up my alley. :)
I'm going to spend tonight familiarizing myself with the basic rules and then we can set something up.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Zorblag »

On the plus side, Troll agrees that it be a good game and worth picking up if you enjoy the idea!

Troll might go set a thread up in mish-mash for a game and you can come pick a character when you have had a chance to look things over! As xofelf says, that be a way to perhaps get more attention.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Sup troll
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Troll be doing well and just getting ready to be beat on by some video game style character! How be Untrod Tripod?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm watching this video and I have no idea wtf is happening.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Zorblag »

It probably be Rodney Smith explaining how to play a game, but Troll supposes you might be talking about another video.

The game mostly consists of both players moving around a limited board (just 7 spaces) and trying to beat on each other for 15 beats or until one has been knocked out. Each beat the players will be picking a pair of cards, one style and one base. Those combine to make an attack with a range, power, priority and a variety of other potential attributes (like moving one or both characters around.) The attacks then happen according to the cards.

There be more, but that be perhaps a short description?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, Troll earlier said that it would be good for opponents to have the game in order to play. The purpose there was so that them can see the cards for both characters easily to make decisions. It turns out that the characters all seem to have their full kits at The World of Indines Wiki. That would make it much more feasible for anyone who was interested to play any character without having the physical game.

Also, if anyone be interested in what a pbf game of BatttleCON would look like you can take a look at This game that Troll and Cybele be playing. We be at beat 14 and it be very close (and almost over.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Game 1: Karin & Jager (Cybele) vs. Alexian (Zorblag) be complete now. If any want to see how a full game would play out that be the place to look. There was one mistake in game play that Troll knows of, but mostly it be fairly clean.

Troll and Cybele now be playing Game 2: Pendros (Cybele) vs Clinhyde (Zorblag). The game should probably have a much different feel than the last as we be playing very different characters (and Troll's unique ability drains Troll's life to use which gives Troll incentive to make things faster!)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Zorblag »

In an interesting bit of news for the game, it seems that Dash be about to be replaced in tournament play as it be overpowered.

Dash be priority 9 and has an after activating effect that one can move 1, 2 or 3 spaces. If one switches sides with an opponent with that movement, then that opponent cannot hit one. It be due to be replaced with dodge which be similar. Now the priority drops to 3 (which be much more clashable, hence the weakness,) and the effect be moved to start of beat instead of before activation.

Well, Troll finds it interesting at least.

Really, this be a game that mafia players should do well at. It be all about figuring out what one's opponent be doing while simultaneously trying to fool them with one's own. It be like scum hunting and hiding as scum boiled down to a single choice, and then repeated up to 15 times! Or some such reasoning.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

I'm kind of interested, but I have no access to the games. I've been reading the battles though, and I think I understand how it works.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Zorblag »

@KingdomAces, if you want to check out the game Troll would recommend starting with the free print and play version, and the most recent digital rulebook. Those should give you access as long as you have a computer. If you haven't already seen it Rodney Smith's Watch it Played rules video is also worth seeing as it might clear up anything that our games might not be making sense of.

If you take a look at those and have any interest in playing a game then let Troll know and we'll set one up. Troll be happy to play any of the players in that 4 player print and play if you want to pick any matchup that sounds fun. Troll hasn't played any of the four yet so them would all be new challenges!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Yeah, definitely interested. I think I'd want to start with Hikaru, but I don't particularly care about matchups.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Sounds great! Troll will just go ahead and play Kallistar so that we be playing the two characters from War (because Troll needs to pick a character somehow.) Troll has set up a game for us over at Mish-mash! Troll will see you there and once you be ready to go you can start to beat on Troll!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I happen to own War Remastered, Devastation, Fate, Armory, Light & Shadow... I might like the game a bit.

I will happily play as often as possible. I'm looking to pin down Hez, if someone wants to play. She's super good, but a little hard to use. I think that clashing dodges is going to be huge for her, since Dash is her nemesis.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@GreyICE, Troll welcomes a veteran player! Perfect for stomping on Trolls! Troll would be game to play a match if you like (though others be welcome to jump in as well if they like.) Troll assumes that Hez means Hepzibah? Troll be interested in trying out Demitras from the same flight, so perhaps this would do? Troll be all for trying out Dodge, and would be interested in using the Force Gauge if GreyICE finds that acceptable. Troll probably no has time to set up another game tonight, but soon!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

It's Hepzibah, I just personally think Hez is cuter/easier to pronounce.

I think Dodge is going to rip apart one of Demitras' greatest strengths (exceeding priority 9 to make Dash useless) so I'd happily test it with the caveat you might be playing a weaker character than you anticipate. Force gage is fine too.

Edit: Oh, we're going to make a mess with the antes, since you can respond to ante with ante and we both have tokens/pacts and Force gauge we'll want to ante in response so we definitely need to be super real time. Wanna private chat the antes and just post the result to our thread rather than make a billion ridiculous posts as we respond to +1 Power with +1 Soak etc.?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Zorblag »

Troll no minds if Demitras will be weaker; with Troll's experience Troll largely expects to lose anyhow and Troll mostly be interested in trying him out. Troll be fine doing the antes in a private chat somewhere and posting them. As you indicate this might be longer beat per beat, but Troll thinks that no be the end of the world. Troll will need to wait until this evening to set up the game most likely (especially as Troll needs to look at both kits to figure out what makes sense for starting discards.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'll do either way, just thinking for sanity sake.

I might try to whip up a simple graphic so we can show off what happened during the game too, but that might not happen today. Def good for tonight on the play.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “The Arcade”