League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 3973, Dunnstral wrote:Here are some tips for splitpushing:

Understand when your team is putting up pressure, and when they're not. If your team isn't doing anything, the other team is likely coming for you
Watch the map, if a lot of people are unaccounted for then don't split push unless your team has pressure elsewhere (it's ok if the enemy team kills you, as long as your team gets something for it)
Don't push up if you don't have pressure in other lanes - watch your own team on the map as well - at the very least this will keep you from feeding
This feels wrong for his skill level. If he waits for his team to be proactive he's gonna be spending large swaths of time either freezing lane or running around doing nothing/stealing his own teams jungle. I think throwing down a couple wards, pushing and running is gonna be way more helpful than just "don't push unless your team has them occupied"
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 3971, Nosferatu wrote:alright guys imma try asking for advice here cause i suck

i recently got back into playing ranked and I've climbed up to bronze i over the past like 2 days

ive hit a bottle neck, and this time its not because i run into any particular champ or anything

but my teams consistently do not seem to understand the concept of taking objectives (not just drags, literally like towers)

I like to split to win with champs like trynd, yorick, jax, etc, but lately I can't split because I lack pressure in any other lane so I just get collapsed on and end up feeding.

When I pick champs for the teamfight since splitting is seeming like less and less of an option, my team will win a fight and then go off into different lanes and accomplish nothing

I plead and plead but they never seem to want to group mid and push. This has happened repeatedly and I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for any lanes that might have more influence over objectives, because im at a loss and its v frustrating
you'll have to pick effective teamfighting champs who can also secure objectives on their own
i had a good time playing heimerdinger earlier this season for that reason imo

the last time i was bronze i think i mostly got out with amumu however
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

If you're rolling with tryndamere, other splitpushers, then you need to learn how to effectively escape when people come for you, or how to turn those collapses around. Knowing your damage output, and warding properly, with a lil bit of map awareness, makes for a solution to this.

You also need to learn how to manage minion waves.

Most games in your elo will devolve into either a game of aram, with both sides running at each other until one breaks, or a game of people wandering around the map doing nothing until someone gets caught by other people wandering around and dies.

The way to punish this is learning how to start a slowpush on one side of the map (top or bot), then pushing the other side. A slowpush is essentially a case where you go to a perfectly even set of minions (let's say 3 melee 3 casters), and you kill one or two of the casters. That's it. Now your minions have a number advantage. You leave, the wave will slowly stack up and become a monster wave that will push for you on that side of the map.

Then you go to the
other
side of the map. Start manually pushing that. The enemy team won't be able to wander mindlessly, and they'll likely try to collapse on you. If you're playing trynd, you have a lot of escape potential with your e, your ult, and the threat of you turning to kill squishies if they try to engage on you carelessly. You don't even have to live for this to work, since the massive wave will take a tower while they burn time trying to get rid of you.

This way, the rest of your team can be sitting in front of dragon pit for three minutes waiting for it to spawn, and you'll still have pressure on a different part of the map.

If you can't make your team work with you, make the minions do it. They're the same thing, anyway.
don't you feel silly now?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

teammates will disrupt slowpushes in low elo
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Post by RayFrost »

They can't disrupt every single one, surely.

Surely.
don't you feel silly now?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 3977, RayFrost wrote:If you're rolling with tryndamere, other splitpushers, then you need to learn how to effectively escape when people come for you, or how to turn those collapses around. Knowing your damage output, and warding properly, with a lil bit of map awareness, makes for a solution to this.
^This helps a LOT
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by dramonic »

Alternatively, grab a hyper-carry and win 1v9
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:14 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3971, Nosferatu wrote:alright guys imma try asking for advice here cause i suck

i recently got back into playing ranked and I've climbed up to bronze i over the past like 2 days

ive hit a bottle neck, and this time its not because i run into any particular champ or anything

but my teams consistently do not seem to understand the concept of taking objectives (not just drags, literally like towers)

I like to split to win with champs like trynd, yorick, jax, etc, but lately I can't split because I lack pressure in any other lane so I just get collapsed on and end up feeding.

When I pick champs for the teamfight since splitting is seeming like less and less of an option, my team will win a fight and then go off into different lanes and accomplish nothing

I plead and plead but they never seem to want to group mid and push. This has happened repeatedly and I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for any lanes that might have more influence over objectives, because im at a loss and its v frustrating
Nocturne jg was my ticket out of bronze. He has decent pick offs that work on fed squishes. Decent ganks at 2-3 (3 if you need spell shield), fast farming and good objective control. You'd need to ward dragon and monitor the enemy jg. Take dragon, ward rift.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:31 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

If you want to split you need to be constantly watching the map. If multiple people aren’t showing, back off until they are in vision again. If you play the cat and mouse game well without dying too often you will win those games regardless of how bad your team is
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Psyche »

mmm i feel like your language is too strong. that strategy depends a lot on teammates doing stuff like, say, successfully avoiding unwinnable 4v5s
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

thanks for the advice guys

map awareness is something im definitely trying to work on, as well as wave control

slow pushing is something I was aware of but will try to work more into my games.

if all else fails, I'll spam master yi and twitch.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3984, Psyche wrote:mmm i feel like your language is too strong. that strategy depends a lot on teammates doing stuff like, say, successfully avoiding unwinnable 4v5s
this is true, I'll try to communicate with team (I typically /mute all as soon as game starts but I'll talk at them)

if need to I'll look to tp back into lane at a moments notice (although that implies that my teammates will ward)
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3979, RayFrost wrote:They can't disrupt every single one, surely.

Surely.
update: just played a game where my adc and mid broke EVERY slow push save one.

:)
last.fm
gtkas
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

nos4a2

go into a bot game with a top tier jungler like xin zhao. farm the jungle. farm lanes. whenever you can be arsed, go collect your free kills

when you get the score screen realize you can do the exact same thing in your ranked games. your teammates aren't collecting those resources anyway.

i wouldn't bother with splitpushing to climb. it has the general idea right (gold is good) but you're severely limiting your ability to farm the enemy team. pick a hero that can one shot people once you start getting resources. these are your annies, akalis. junglers would be your lee sins, your rengos, your gragases.

tierlists are really silly, but they serve as a good guide for the value you'll get out of learning a certain hero. for instance, if you're in bronze i wouldn't tell you to play lee sin or graves, i'd tell you to play xin and j4.

LS' tierlists used to not be shit but you get the general idea: https://i.imgur.com/0tazN4Z.jpg

if you're really insistent on splitting i can reinstall for the second time in a month. i've got a level 29 meme smurf i only used to dick around with lee sin/vi on, so we could do norms or ranked if you want to shit fury on people.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:06 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

In post 3984, Psyche wrote:mmm i feel like your language is too strong. that strategy depends a lot on teammates doing stuff like, say, successfully avoiding unwinnable 4v5s
its bronze, everyone is gonna run around like monkeys and fight 24/7. Half the time they dont even notice someone is split pushing, let alone react as a team. Chances are just one comes and you just kill him and continue
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

https://reddit.com/link/9lu4bw/video/px ... q11/player

liss can charge hexflash while her e is revving and then do the hexflash
this seems really powerful!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 3983, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:If you want to split you need to be constantly watching the map. If multiple people aren’t showing, back off until they are in vision again. If you play the cat and mouse game well without dying too often you will win those games regardless of how bad your team is
This will win you far more games than you will ever lose. Map awareness is everything.

Even if you have teammates taking suboptimal fights, it does not detract you making optimal moves. Does not matter how awful your teammates are, if your own decision making, farming patterns and map awareness exceed the other team's cores you will climb ranks easily.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by PJ. »

Don't listen to katsuki. He's a Dota shitter
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

No, Katsuki's right - it's why you can put a challenger player in low bronze and watch them climb with ease.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 3992, PJ. wrote:Don't listen to katsuki. He's a Dota shitter
Basics are the same.

I could probably start playing, spam Teemo and still make it to plat just because I know how to play the map.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Psyche »

is it just me or is nunu a monster rn?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:08 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

He's on a monster, Psyche.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Just got back into playing for real and not just ARAM

Impact worlds meta has had on me:
My junglers are contesting everything which is leading me to roam a lot
As a result, my support item completes much later than usual
I always had >>> 1WPM, now I think I'm just under 1WPM
Buying a lot of pinks, 10+++ a game. I used to be pretty stingy with them, like "this pink has been behind their red for 15 minutes and has offered great information, I'm not going to re-place it just to clear a ward!" or, "well MY ward is still up and nobody else is buying pinks. i'll just tell someone else to do it". nope. buy the pink. it's so oppressive to have 2-3 and just sweep the enemy jungle. I can feel the enemy dying inside
I've been finding that I have a lot of spare money as support, as itemization has become a lot easier in the current support meta
Last edited by Lycanfire on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Supports literally only want one thing and it's fucking disgusting

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Here's the thing. You said "no one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius". Here i am tracking down a d5 jungler from lv1 and mercilessly ganking him and making everything he does pointless as support Taric.

Are three of his teammates gold? Yes, no one is arguing that. As somebody that studies crows, I am telling you, no one calls the P5 Teemo a crow. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "shot caller has never been a role or a thing in solo q" you're referring to the queue where three of my unranked teammates listened to my calls and executed my plan.

So your reasoning for calling a jackdaw a crow is because random people "call the black ones crows?" Let's get grackles and blackbirds in there, then, too.

Also, calling someone a hyperbad toxic support or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A jackdaw is a jackdaw and a member of the crow family. But that's not what you said. You said a jackdaw is a crow, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the crow family crows, which means you'd call blue jays, ravens, and other birds crows, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

go to Deploy\League of Legends.exe, make a shortcut of the .exe then drop the .rofl file onto it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ncr5cl5 ... .rofl/file

Return to “The Arcade”