Prison Architect

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Prison Architect

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by talah »

Not much of an arcade without topics for indie games :)

Anyway this is my current stat screen, which has changed quite a lot from the beginning.
Started out with a Min Sec prison (mind you this is sandbox / unlimited money) and have introduced Normal Sec in a different quadrant.
Although the stats say I have a 75 prisoner capacity, I have 133 including holding cells which are only for Min (currently 22 Normal Sec and the rest Min, and have 39 more Normal Sec cells built which are 'decent' cells at 5 rating which I haven't marked as active yet. (The 22 cells currently have a 2 rating. I have the prison operating on a "shitty cells to better cells" theory). Min Sec turns over quickly and my parole reoffend risk cutoff is set at 25%.

I haven't micromanaged individual prisoners - that is, changed their security classification based on their experience and reoffend rate - yet, but might do so once I fill out the core and get High Sec prisoners in.
I *guess* at some stage I'm going to come unstuck when I decide to implement a Death Row (which is effectively "above Max Sec"), because it's going to be intake and no chance of parole. But we'll see. Maybe I'll hassle the devs for an update which changes that :)

I have 5 armed guards, and dog patrols surrounding the perimeter and wings. The armed guards piss off the entire populace and I'm going to have to deploy probably triple that for High Sec just to mitigate the risk that anything breaks out in the first place.

My staff outnumber my prisoners - fortunately they get paid less than I get paid for holding a prisoner, so it works and I still get a profit even while building a prison with some debt.
The only difference between Min and Normal sec currently is that their sleep schedule is offset (so I can schedule in more trainer time) and Normal Sec have an hour of lockup when the Min Sec have an extra hour of free time. (And better "premium" cells.) I imagine High Sec will have an extra hour of lockup in addition.

All of my prisoners have High Quantity / High Variety meals (which I figure is actually just like eating well).

So yeah. There are quite a few other cool things in the way I run this and I'm glad it's not all riots and deaths. I want to turn folks over and not make their stay in my prison dead and useless time.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:19 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I used to play this a lot before its official release and had I think over 1000 prisoners at one point. But once things turn bad then it turns really, really bad. Fun gamr though
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:31 am

Post by talah »

Welp, 2 deaths in a fairly short period since upping normal sec to 58.

Now building a max sec wing with its own inner perimeter fence. See how that goes. Gonna have to micro security levels I think. And I haven't touched CIs and haven't got a protective custody wing yet, probably going to need both.

D:
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 am

Post by talah »

Oh, 76 normal sec, not 58.
Caira
Caira
Goon
Caira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Caira »

This sounds fun. Does it take lots of time to play?
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:01 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

It takes some time to get into it. But once you are, it's really, really fun
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:42 am

Post by CooLDoG »

might pick this up again. Play session length is really flexible from my memory, so that's nice. There are always good stopping points, like when you finish a new room.
after a wank.

Return to “The Arcade”