Furi

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Furi

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Killthestory »

===============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

On the surface, Furi seems like it’s all about style. It meshes fast and frenzied swordplay with colorful, bullet-hell-inspired twin-stick shooting to create fighting experiences not unlike the most over-the-top anime battles. Furi’s action stands out thanks to the level of patience and restraint the resulting combat demands. Hit-and-miss boss design, occasionally janky mechanics, and a reliance on scripted attack sequences break the flow a bit too often, but a flashy look and killer music at least keep it looking and sounding great the whole way through.

===============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Furi is a game that I just finished, or am very close to finishing, and it's one of the few games I've enjoyed enough to play to the end. The last game I played to the end like that was Call of Duty 3. It usually takes me months to finish a single game, but this game had just kept me hooked the entire way through. Whether it be the protagonist's determination that made me determined, the fact that those bosses talked a bunch of shit to you, or even the fact that every combat scenario you got into was vastly unique.

Furi is a stylized bullet hell shooter and fighting game that relies on patience and timing. It's also about fighting bosses which are the only enemies you'll be fighting. Each boss has a different approach to combat and will make you take a different approach with your 4 standard weapons. You have slash, parry, shoot, and dash. You can charge up all three except for parry for stronger slashes and shots, or you can charge up the dash for farther dashes. Parry also has another ability tied onto it where if you time your parry perfectly, it'll initiate a combat sequence that will take a lot of the enemies health and stun them momentarily. Each ability is going to be detrimental to your success in this game.

The story is also very emotional and deep, and while it doesn't appear so on the surface, it's one of the first games to truly make me think about what I'm doing. It's done very well.

Now, with one last remark on the game.

The jailor is the key. Kill him, and you'll be free.

Spoilers ahead
Spoiler:
I'm on the last fucking boss, and I spent 3 hours trying to defeat it last night, to no avail, and at this point, I know her entire combat patterns for every stage of her life, but I still can't fucking beat her. I've gotten so close so many times, and I was so frustrated. I'll try more today.
Last edited by Killthestory on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

sounds interesting

thread may need moved to arcade
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Killthestory »

p r o b s

but i just put it here as discussion kek.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Majiffy »

Furi Kuri

Furi Kuri
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Killthestory »

tfw majiffy shits up your thread
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Majiffy »

Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Psyche »

am also a furry
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Spoiler:
tfw when you beat the final boss on your second try after committing hours to beating him last night.

Return to “The Arcade”