Shadowrun Campaign

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Titus »

Go ahead and do the decker rigger, Sudo. Having someone that can do those is good in any campaign.

I'll be making my character Saturday morning depending on what garmr and ProHawk say/want. :)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:29 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Oh, hey, I just realized I gave you the super ancient, terrible version of Chummer. The link in OP is updated, but here it is down here.

Lastest Chummer Version

Additionally, I just realized I forgot to mention the major house rule in play. Do not take Knowledge skills at character creation. Instead, everyone will have a certain amount of levels to spend on Knowledge skills at the beginning of the first session. So, don't worry about that until we begin. Also, don't click the "Mark Character as Created" until the session.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Titus »

Garmr is wanting to do a combat adept which works. I'm helping him go through Chummer now.

ProHawk has a conflict with this week and will join next week. Unless ProHawk wants it, I'll probably do an elementalist/healer build.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:31 am

Hey everyone! We will be using This Roll20 game for our session today. I'll add a countdown for once in not on mobile.
Last edited by DiamondSentinel on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:06 am

We will begin in (expired on 2016-11-05 17:00:00).

Please log in roughly half an hour early so we can get your characters set up and everything.

Also, the discord we will be using is here. If you don't have or want to use voice chat, go ahead and join anyways. We'll see how many do and don't play on using voice.
Last edited by DiamondSentinel on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Why was I chosen?'
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Titus »

The roll20 link doesn't work...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Titus »

Nor does the invite to discord...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:41 am

Yeah, I sent the wrong roll20 link. I just fixed it. I don't know about the discord. It works for my roommate. I'll check it out.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:41 am

I see now. It was only up for about a half an hour. Both links are updated, and this one won't expire.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Session 1 Summary:

Arlanhe, Mystrivet, and Mace all meet up at a bar in Redmond called the Bloody Barrett. Here, they see a mysterious elf sitting alone at a table next to the owner's table. Guessing this might be the Johnson, they go over. After inspecting them a little bit, the Johnson proceeds to give them their run. They need to infiltrate a Vory-controlled warehouse to rescue a hacker who owes the Vory some money. They venture to the warehouse, and proceed to infiltrate the warehouse. After knocking out, and Arlanhe impersonating the guard, they find out that the "boss" is interrogating the hacker. The runners blow open the wall, and then mind-control the boss. After misdirecting the Vory goons, they proceed to escape from the warehouse with the hacker. On the way back, they notice the hacker, named Chattr, had no cyberdeck, or even cyberware of any variety. They find out that he is a Technomancer. To further add to the intrigue, the Johnson is shown to be incredibly magical, lighting up the Astral Plane like fireworks.

Who is this mysterious Johnson and Technomancer, and what do they want with the runners?

Party received 5k Nuyen and 5 karma from the run.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am

“Why was I chosen?'
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Titus »

Lol.

We weren't that bad.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by Garmr »

def in next week sorry i missed last session.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:32 am

Due to annoying events, the GM and myself will not be able to run at the usual time. However, there are 2 alternate times we might be able to do. Not sure, though.

We could possibly go Friday night at the usual time, or we could go on Sunday about noon MST.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to tell you which one until Thursday at the earliest.
“Why was I chosen?'
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Titus »

Out for Friday, in for Sunday.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:20 am

Yeah, Friday is looking less and less likely.
“Why was I chosen?'
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Garmr »

sundays new time is better for me anyway :P
Hanasawa
Hanasawa
Goon
Hanasawa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Hanasawa »

Hope this goes well. I'm interested to see it when it happens.
"It hurts to have control over anything. I'd rather be a leaf in the wind."
Call me Lily instead. Avatar is Bellossom from Pokemon! drawn by Ether.
Espeonage (08:39) - lily is happy = everything is good with the world
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:35 am

In post 41, Garmr wrote:sundays new time is better for me anyway :P
At noon MST? Good, because that's what it's looking like.

This won't be the regular time, though, more than likely.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've already hit the point where I kinda want to completely rebuild my character for the next session.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:04 am

In post 44, Sudo_Nym wrote:I've already hit the point where I kinda want to completely rebuild my character for the next session.
Oh? I could talk to the other GM, see if he's fine with that. I'll get back to you on that.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It's not a huge deal, it's just that my favorite part of any RPG is the character building, so I always want to take my builds apart and tweak them and try and make them better or more interesting. Including while I'm actually playing the character in question.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:33 am

In post 46, Sudo_Nym wrote:It's not a huge deal, it's just that my favorite part of any RPG is the character building, so I always want to take my builds apart and tweak them and try and make them better or more interesting. Including while I'm actually playing the character in question.
Well, once we get more karma, you can get new qualities and stuff.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sure, but what do I do with my ideas for how to better spend my starting karma? That's 800 karma I can't get back!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:45 am

In post 48, Sudo_Nym wrote:Sure, but what do I do with my ideas for how to better spend my starting karma? That's 800 karma I can't get back!
Well, first off, about half of it (Well, 300 for one that I just made) went into your attributes more than likely. Not much else you do with that stuff.

Then, you've got your basic rigging stuff, which you can't really do without.

So you're left with your other purchases (not really much variance there), your skills (there is admittedly some variance, but eh), and your qualities. The latter 2 is likely where most of your ideas spring from, and you can change those, so no problems there, really. You'll be fine.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “The Arcade”