The Escape Room Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:01 am

Post by gobbledygook »

If anyone is ever in the Brooklyn area, I recommend KOMNATA quest. Several rooms that have horror motifs that are quite fun.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Davsto »

Done another at Escape Hunt in Oxford. Pirate-themed. Was really fun and well-themed for the most part as is the place's high standards with some very interesting puzzles, but I'd still probably consider it the weakest there. One of the cooler set-pieces (a big cabinet-sized pachinko sorta thing) was out of order because apparently the object had a habit of getting stuff. Also an early puzzle
has about 3 different clues pointing to it - meaning that twice we figured out a cool clue only to find it pointed us to something we'd already done
. Plus, a later puzzle relied on
sense of smell. And in a "specifically think about smelling these objects" sorta way as opposed to noticing a smell
, it was a cool idea and I appreciated it afterwards but also knew there was near no chance we'd figure it at the time without hints.

Then at Other World Escapes, Portsmouth. Pub-themed. Was a real treat tbh had some really interesting and hands-on puzzles. A bit more time than your average room and had this real great moment where
you think it's all over - you've used all the keys and codes and clues and everything in the main room and solved what seems to be the main mystery. Then you read a letter which gives you one clues and tells you it's not quite over. Then - heavy spoiler for the actual puzzle - you realise you have to push an arcade cabinet into the wall to open up an entirely new room that was incredibly hidden and unexpected. Only a few puzzles in that bit but it was a cool surprise
. I'm looking forwards to hopefully doing another room at that location in the future.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Has anyone tried out online virtual escape rooms

the department is looking for ways to socialize in large groups without being in large groups so I thought...maybe?

Return to “The Arcade”