Scummer D&D for newbies!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:51 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 501, FakeGod wrote:Hey guys, in regarding uses of diplomacy/bluff/intimidate, you generally make your case followed by an appropriate skill check.

For example, if you wanna get through the guards into a warehouse, you might type...

*pulls out a badge*
"See this? I'm the warehouse inspector and I'm here on behalf of the lord mayor himself. Apparently, there might be fenced goods in the warehouse you're guarding, and I need to look inside. If you do not move out of the way in three seconds, I swear to Pelor and all that is holy that your next shift is going to be at the city's sewage disposal." /r 1d20+8 bluff

Or something along those lines.

(The DC is heavily dependent on the case you make, so make sure you really sell it!)
Pulls out badge. It says "DA FEDZ" written poorly in crayon. They try to do a check to see if it's legit. Unfortunately, they need to make a dc 35 skill check. So they let you through.

True story.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown

Return to “The Arcade”