Recommend mystery games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

On a very different note - Outer Wilds. Space Exploration game where you're stuck in a 22 minute time loop, at the end of which (spoilers for something that's very early in the game)
the Sun goes supernova, engulfing the solar system and your home planet
. You're given no direction besides being given a translation device and being told to go explore the ruins of an ancient alien civilization called the Nomai, who once inhabited the various planets of the solar system.

It's incredible how well the game works. Very different to a murder mystery or something similar, but I've never had a game give me that sense of discovery as I was going - the lore is fantastic and the way you discover it, no matter where you go or what order you do things in, feels really natural. It also definitely has those eureka moments where you'll find something and suddenly a whole bunch of things will fall into place in your head.

Important - not Outer Worlds, that's a different game with an annoyingly similar name :D
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Ythan »

This is a bad answer but piecing together what's going on in From Soft games from mostly item descriptions is always an intriguing sidequest.

Return to “The Arcade”