Autochess

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:40 am

Post by PJ. »

Sick, I just started like..2 days ago. My first experience with any autochess was like..a week or so ago when TFT dropped. Playing phone autochess made me dislike TFT but TFT still in beta so it'll be ok.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

I’m Knight-2. I like spamming Source + Werewolf. So busted.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by PJ. »

Found out the hard way not to blink dagger a squishy
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by vonflare »

So a nice wombo combo I used to win a game I played yesterday is 2 2-star CMs plus a 2-star kunkka with octarine essence. I was practically chain stunning people with boats. It might even be better than refresher orb because I was getting 3 boats in a single round fairly often, as long as the CMs didn't die
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:18 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 51, Oversoul wrote:I’m Knight-2. I like spamming Source + Werewolf. So busted.
So yeah played like 4 games since my last rank update, I'm knight-2 now too.

Only took like 9 games total: 5 wins, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, and a 4th. I'm the king of the pawns.

I think druid is OP but I still prefer other teams. I think God of War is a very good unit but I don't like using him because if he loses divinity it makes him a lot worse and I think that and it really narrows down what you're allowed to build. Basically you're limited to 3 warriors + as many sorcerer's as you can stack but your knights are limited and so are your sorcerers. And 2 of your sorcs are tier 5 units. Idk maybe zaph can tell me i'm a stupid idiot and tell me the right way to use him,but I feel he's a very strong unit individually that's trade off cripples your team building choices.
Zaphkael
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Little Did They Know

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:43 am

Post by Zaphkael »

You're not a stupid idiot!

The restriction is pretty harsh - the upside is that the cooldown reduction on all units is incredibly powerful. Until lategame, you don't really go for a specific build with god of war, you instead just get yourself a source and try to use whatever units have a powerful ult that's preferably spammable: the worm guy, soul reaper, a few of the mech goblins, quite a few assassins too, most of the druids, storm shaman. Deranged doctor is particularly powerful and is a really good pickup in any gods build.

Lategame, there's two "builds" that work really well with both gods: assassins and mages.

Assassins uses both gods, the two feathered assassins and shadowcrawler as core units, and then whatever assassins or other units you can fill your team with. I think the source is still core here.

Mages is simple: source, god of thunder and thunder spirit are the very core of the build, with storm shaman being very close to core. Generally people go for a warrior frontline with god of war and two of whatever warriors there are. The demon warrior is very powerful with reduced cooldown, and we're in luck because shadow devil is incredibly powerful in mage builds. That means we can run both of them and disable the racial demon bonus, which enables divinity again.
This is the very best build in the game and pretty much beats everything, but a lot of its units are only available lategame and are very contested by everyone else, so you can't just force this every game. Gods mages mirrors are pretty much won by whose storm shaman pops off first so you should probably put your mana items there.

Lately people are realising that most warriors we can use suck (we can't use cave clans, we can't ise werewolf or pirate Captain) so they're trying different stuff. Because we have high damage and we probably already have at least one of deranged doctor/worm guy/soul reaper, a popular build is running 3 warlocks (3 of shadow devil (+other demon!), worm guy, venomancer, deranged doctor, soul reaper. Not dark spirit because we really want thunder spirit) to really improve how long our team lasts.
The only thing that can beat us is knights, but replacing thunder spirit with dark spirit solves that problem with ease (only do it if the majority of other players are running knights, otherwise this is way worse).

Going knights with gods isn't really a good idea since we really want the source, and that disables two knights already. Soul reaper is also really powerful in knights builds and definitely when we run gods, but that eliminates yet another knight.
Druids are pretty decent with gods and it's probably not a bad idea to use them when transitioning to more lategame builds.

On the PC version, gods/3hunter was fairly powerful, but that build doesn't really translate well to the current mobile version. We can only run one of the fish people (the marines, medusa and tidehunter), we can't run dwarf sniper, egersis ranger is nice but doesn't benefit from our divinity bonus, we can't run storm shaman if we want the cave clan hunter - ao that's not really a good option.

tl;dr: gods are good but they're basically mix and match with whatever good units you can find, and getting to the lategame with them is a challenge. If you succeed, you'll probably win.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I'll edit that in if I remember.
But I know, at the end...
Shoot me a message if you need a game reviewed!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:26 am

Post by PJ. »

The thing I've been doing with him is I'll pick him in the first batch if I see him, then I'll level him to 2 if I see a bunch of him before I get a plan, just starting 3 warriors, then dump him as soon as I find a plan cause he doesn't lose money being a lvl 2 guy.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 am

Post by PJ. »

Also 3 dragon knight is incredible, I just stabilized at 4 hp and won with that build.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:49 am

Post by vonflare »

knights + warlocks is really fun, you get insane value because of their damage resistance, so every bit of healing is worth extra

it was only after I won that I realized that I had 2 demons on the board the entire time (chaos knight and shadow fiend) but honestly I didn't notice any problems

I probably should have replaced shadow fiend with like, necrophos or enigma

but I won so eh
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 am

Post by PJ. »

Who are those people? I only know their wal-mart names.
Zaphkael
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Little Did They Know

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Zaphkael »

Someone made this spreadsheet for the names: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Spgs8w ... 3ZP9Q/view

Necrophos/soul reaper is absolutely nuts in knights btw
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 am

Post by PJ. »

so..idk if i'm doing it wrong or nah but like...i've been just running the comps in the app guide and been winning like crazy, am I doing it wrong? should I be experimenting?
Zaphkael
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Little Did They Know

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Zaphkael »

Those comps are based on the data they get so most of them are meta builds. Can't do much wrong with those.
I do think that, if you climb higher in ranks, improvising gets more important.
Sometimes you just don't get what you're looking for and then knowing whether to replace it or change your comp completely makes the difference.

Generally though, if they update those comps regularly you should be fine making those comps (as long as you're aware that mages for example are a lategame build and that jamming a source on round 10 probably loses you the game, but I assume you know stuff like that)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:51 am

Post by PJ. »

Right, I just follow the instructions. Like most of the comps say like "grab knights or mechs, then transistion into Mage/Hunter/whatever you are trying to play" so that's basically what I do. Take some warriors then like..take what comes to me. Or if i'm absolutely slaying the first 15 rounds or whatever just run 9 warrior or mechs. Idk..I just try to like..get to 30 gold or 50 gold depending on what I'm looking for, econ it out play whatever comes to me. IDK..i feel like i'm not doing anything special or good but I win every game and I'm not like..actually positive why that is.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

I tried 2 bot games of DotA underlords. Quality of life elements are miles ahead of TFT for sure, being able to view stats, much better item acquisition process, I think the UI is better overall although I can't understand why the champ shop has to plaster over the autobattle and toggle off and on.

I haven't played it enough to learn all the units so it'd be unfair for me to say I still like TFT more. But I am super wary of DotA underlords having several synergy benefits that go up to NINE. The synergy benefits that go just to 6 in TFT are my least favorite, because the team is basically built for you. You get to pick like 1 other unit and that's it. Games are fundamentally about decisionmaking and that's not a decision.

Obviously you seem to get a lot more units in DotA underlords and maybe its endgames go to 10, I don't know, but that would mean the flex unit is 10% of your team instead of ~17% of your team so it's even worse than synergy6 in TFT. And synergy6 in TFT is the exception rather than the rule, which I like. It's just yordles, nobles, and sorcerers, and sorcerers is rarely desirable the way the units are laid out, so it's just yordles and nobles. The 9s in underlords look both more plentiful and more pushed. So I'm pretty wary of that.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:58 am

Post by PJ. »

Oh, i found my stats.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:20 am

Post by PJ. »

@pops: I haven't played underlords, but phone chess has only 1 unit that goes to 9 and that's warriors. And I think knowing when to whole hog warriors is *definitely* a decision.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Having one or two of those strats available is fine. I misunderstood I thought when you were talking about playing phone chess in here it was dota underlords but on phones (is it on phones? idk).

I'm unlikely to play autochess on a phone because I'm heavily invested into Puzzles and Dragons and maintaining a strong account so that's competing for my "bus ride" type gameplay opportunities.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:40 am

Post by PJ. »

I think Auto Chess and Underlords are very similar games if I'm not mistaken from VonFlare''s posts. I think TFT is fairly different.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:15 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 64, popsofctown wrote:But I am super wary of DotA underlords having several synergy benefits that go up to NINE.
dont worry all the alliances that go up to 9 suck at 9

you'll never have more than 6 assassins or elusive

the only one even worth considering going full 9 is warriors and even then it's only good, not great. There will usually be better options.

I've tried making 9 assassins work. It's awful.
Zaphkael
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Little Did They Know

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:30 am

Post by Zaphkael »

The current "autochess mobile" is releasing a PC version fairly soon, I'm assuming that should drag in a lot of players. I feel like it's the most polished version of all of them but not being available on pc hurts a lot
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 am

Post by PJ. »

Couldn't find the last spirit so I just used both level 5 mechs instead lol.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 69, vonflare wrote:
In post 64, popsofctown wrote:But I am super wary of DotA underlords having several synergy benefits that go up to NINE.
dont worry all the alliances that go up to 9 suck at 9

you'll never have more than 6 assassins or elusive

the only one even worth considering going full 9 is warriors and even then it's only good, not great. There will usually be better options.

I've tried making 9 assassins work. It's awful.
Alright then I think I'll keep trying to learn underlords bit by bit to give it a chance.

It will take a bit of discipline since the game where I already know what the units do is immediately more fun.

But underlords might be a better game.
"Well, I..."
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

BEHOLD! My 3-star storm shaman!

There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 am

Post by PJ. »

Is God of war good if you're not getting divinity?

Return to “The Arcade”