PMD rescue team dx

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

PMD rescue team dx

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:48 am

Post by bugspray »

I I got it yesterday and honestly after you get used to different menuing (I have played mostly pmd1 and pmd2) it's a lot better.

The changes to a lot of moves and the displacement mechanics have really cool strategic implications.
On the fly leader changing is available sooner and a lot smoother and vibes well with the changes to displacement.
You assemble your team as you enter the dungeon so now it doesn't feel like a waste of time to bring more Pokemon with you. Also on your way into the dungeon you can do inventory management at the bank and kanhashkam which is SO NICE.
The friend area changes are a bit sad but also it tightens up the gameplay surrounding that bit a lot.
THEY GIVE YOU A SHORTCUT TO THE POST OFFICE FROM YOUR HOUSE
And I really enjoy the remastered ost:)

I recommend it for pmd fans tbh I think it's definitely better than the original
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 713, bugspray wrote:GBJ your readlist is really nice and i think that your reads are pretty good and you should hammer homura

also your primal dialga avatar from pmd2 is great i love that series, its cool to see a new installment. i played the demo on my switch and the fact that you use a move every attack now is kinda scary to me i wonder how stuff like purity forest or buried relic will work...

the 99 floor dungeons definitely present a really unique style of challenge and i think a lot of side effects of the inventory management system really lent themselves well to the rougelike genre while still allowing the game to appeal to a casual audience

i definitely wouldn't have "nethack esports player" (which i arguably am go OotC!) in my twitter bio if it weren't for the fact that i sank hundreds of hours into blue rescue team :)
I think the change to moves means that 99 floor dungeons will now present a new type of challenge

You always can see where every item/enemy is now which kind of is a change but i don't really mind

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:33 am

Post by bugspray »

The better companion ai really makes it feel like you're on an adventure with your friends compared to the original as well

Return to “The Arcade”