If Scummers Ruled the Galaxy 2... A Stellaris Lets Play

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Fuck yeah.
I also kind of want to change the race name to the Throbbers but like idk maybe that's like bad.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am

Post by wgeurts »

Introducing... the Strong Quorum of Unified Athletic Dominion, represented by Jocklord Cheetory6!

Spoiler:
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Now that I've been introduced
I would also like to introduce you to the gunshow:
Spoiler: Not for the faint of heart
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 21, wgeurts wrote:
In post 20, T-Bone wrote:Ego to remind me to do this tonight. My species needs some adjustments.
I've got you in the MafiaWiki nation but feel free to make a completely new one in addition.
I love the concept but I wanna put a twist on it.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

someone should make a Tiger nation.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Nahdia »

militarist fanatic purifiers, perhaps? or maybe barbaric despoilers, if that's more fun.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:03 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Ok I want to be the other nation because that seems great. I'll work on it later, hopefully.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

The MafiaWiki nation has been edited by request of T-Bone!

Introducing... the MafiaWiki SysOps Origin, represented by First Prime Teebone!

Spoiler:
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

Species Appearance:
ethereally beautiful and charming alt. the peacock ones but all the eye patterns are actual eyes. angelic vibes (also i guess there are other types of plainer looking bird aliens)
Species Name:
theydies
Species Description:
theydies are usually good diplomats and traders. they appreciate the finer things in life such as art, music, and games, and would like to spread beauty and the enby itinerary across the universe

Planet Name:
Magicant
Star Name:
Yearning
Planet Description:
the people of this small planet have developed extensive public transportation so that any part of the planet can be reached in a very short time. the climate is almost idyllic, perfect for spending time with a loved one at any time -- sunny days for frolicking with a partner, cloudy days for a cute picnic out, and stormy days for a calming evening inside with large mugs of tea

Nation Name:
Enharmonic Byrdkind Collective (EnBy)
Nation Flag:
the nonbinary flag lol
Nation Description:
this communist nation is a utopia of art, friendship, and peace. the peace loving byrdkind live simple but fulfilling lives and have no aspirations of conquest, just a wish to learn more about worlds in the galaxies beyond
Nation History:
(prosperous unification) originally loosely connected communities scattered across the surface of magicant, the byrdkind decided to elect representatives to speak for the planet on the galactic stage. as they believe that their galactic representatives sing in harmony with their people, the enharmonic byrdkind collective was born
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Species Appearance:
Mammalian 4
Species Name:
Tiger
Species Description:
Tigers like to hunt and kill their prey - everyone who isn't them. But they hunt their prey through more than brute force and have been known to be expert hackers as well.

Planet Name:
Yolere
Star Name:
Tigrex
Planet Description:
A Lush Jungle full to the brim with local wildlife for the Tigers to hunt

Nation Name:
Democratic Egalitarian and Secretive Tiger Republic Of Yolere (DESTROY)
Nation Flag:
Orange and Black Stripes with Domination 6 as the centerpiece
Nation Description:
Either Militarist Fanatic Purifiers or Devouring Swarm. Your choice. I can't decide.

Nation History:
We'll take Post-Apocalyptic.
Last edited by animorpherv1 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Got 3 more nations ready to post tomorrow! Going to cap this out at a handful more nations lest things get too crowded. If someone wants to makes something to fill the archetypes of megacorporation, capitalist dystopia, crime syndicate, slavers, or friendly robots all those haven't been approached at all yet.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Oh if you want to make the Sith that's also possible.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Capitalist Dystopia pls
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Actually gonna make a quick name change. Small one but it's better

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Introducing... the Postdyrian Confederated Commonalities, represented by First Speaker Postie!

Spoiler:

Introducing... the Enharmonic Byrkind Collective, represented by Prime Minister Caledfwitch!

Spoiler:

Introducing... the Democratic Egalitarian and Secretive Tiger Republic of Yolere, represented by Alpha Animorpherv1!

Spoiler:

Introducing... the M'tok Horde, represented by Hive Mind McMenno!

Spoiler:

Introducing... the Pants Alliance, represented by Chairman Panthaleon!

Spoiler:
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

You're amazing gurts.

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:16 am

Post by wgeurts »

Introducing... the Compact of the Snuggly Duck, represented by President The Worst!

Spoiler:
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:22 am

Post by wgeurts »

Here We Go Again!

2200-01-01

Equinox stood proud upon a podium before the capital building with an enormous crowd before them, cheering for the newly elected Prime Minister of the Free Scummer Accord. They had just won the 2200 Speakeasy User Popularity Poll and would guide the peoples of MafiaScum for the coming decade. These were exciting times, for a streak of technological developments had lead to many major breakthroughs in Scummer society. Most recently an experimental method to breach lightspeed had been developed, allowing for Scummer spaceships to cross incredible distances in the blink of an eye. MafiaScum was heading to the stars, and Equinox would be at the helm of it all. And here they stood, ready to mark a new chapter in Scummer history with a public address!

Spoiler: Opening Speech

Equinox went on to detail their plans for MafiaScum, covering all the recent developments and opportunities available to Scummers. The crowd listened eagerly, a constant rumour to be heard from them. As Equinox finished they erupted into cheer. The people were optimistic, spirits were high.

Spoiler: Demographics and Geography of the FSA
The planet MafiaScum is the home of 16 billion Scummers: a continental world with tempestuous mountains, luscious fields, and rugged forests. Cities litter the surface of the planet, occasionally marred by the presence of an industrial wasteland or sprawling slum. MafiaScum is a moon of the gas giant Nueva Sonora, which in turn orbits the sun Mith. 2 other gas giants and 3 planetary bodies additionally orbit Mith.

The Mith solar system is located in the relative East of the Galaxy, on the outer band of one of the two spiral arms.

The Free Scummer Accord currently possesses three Corvettes in it's Space Force (something Trump still has yet to accomplish) as well as a singular research vessel, the ISS Hubble commandeered by Untrod Tripod, with a second under construction. The FSA Space Force serves no real purpose bar the occasional destruction of threatening asteroids, playing a mostly symbolic role in Scummer society. It is currently docked at the Mith star station.

In their address Equinox announced an increase in research funding, additionally appointing three new heads of research: Isis, Aristophanes and Chickadee. They were each tasked with overseeing a particular field of research to help push further developments.

Spoiler: Lead Researchers

Finally they announced that the ISS Hubble was currently on its way to a theorised "hyperlane" on which Untrod Tripod could initiate safe faster than light travel to the neighbouring Aphris solar system. Never before had a Scummer or Scummer vessel left the orbit of Mith. We are entering the unknown, who knows what we may discover! Furthermore, Aphris was believed to have a planet with suitable conditions for life in its orbit known as Aphris IV. Biologists and astronomers all across MafiaScum were thrilled with the prospect of direct study. The possibilities were seemingly endless!

Spoiler: ISS Hubble

The ISS Hubble soared through the skies and made its way to the hyperlane jump point. Untrod Tripod fired up the warp drives, live on stream for all those tuned into national television back on MafiaScum. The planet held its breathe, for the FTL technology remained controversial with regards to its safety. Nevertheless the ISS Hubble would press on.

Spoiler: Initiating FTL Drive

The ISS Hubble lurched forwards and vanished. The livestream went dark, waiting to pick up a feed again. A few dozen minutes passed by as mission control waited with baited breath. Suddenly an image flickered into life, at last! MafiaScum's first in-person view of Aphris! Not even the stars can escape our reach now...

Spoiler: To Infinity and Beyond!

And so begins the saga of the Free Scummer Accord!
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:20 am

Post by panthaleon »

Hype
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 am

Post by McMenno »

we did it.
mafiascum is on life support
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:45 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Oh, I meant to ask - are you running any mods, gurts? I'm curious how you got Indirect Democracy and double Fanatics. If it helps, I have all mods but the Species Packs.

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 45, animorpherv1 wrote:Oh, I meant to ask - are you running any mods, gurts? I'm curious how you got Indirect Democracy and double Fanatics. If it helps, I have all mods but the Species Packs.
Yeah I'm using a few, most notably some of Real Space and Civics and Ethics Overhaul Alternative.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Thank you!

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:17 am

Post by wgeurts »

We Are Not the 1st

2201-08-30

The ISS Hubble's first mission was to provide a detailed analysis of Aphris IV due to its theoretical capacity to sustain life. Untrod Tripod ordered the research ship to set course, and within a few weeks the planet was at last within their sensors range. As the scientists got to work information began to trickle in... and excitement built up. The first results were highly promising, there appeared to be a vast amount of flora upon the surface of Aphris IV. Then news of the wildlife broke. The rugged alpine landscapes were teeming with alien life! Probes documented new species on a scale never seen before in Scummer society, and the biologists back on MafiaScum were in uproar. Sadly there was no indication of sentient life, but the mere fact that biological beings existed outside of our own planet had turned many a worldview upside down. Who knows how long until we encounter sapient beings?!

Spoiler: Discovery of Alien Life

In the midst of all the upheaval the FSA had constructed a second research vessel which was deployed on a mission to the trinary Murust star system. Astronomers in particular were eager to understand how three stars had managed to enter a stable orbit around each other. Once more, the FTL functioned properly and a Scummer vessel was taken lightyears away from home. Immediately upon entry the ships sensors picked up that one of the planets in the system had been utterly annihilated, giant shards of it drifting through space, the cause as off yet unknown. This discovery was far less exciting than the revelations of the ISS Hubble however, and news coverage back on MafiaScum was limited.

Spoiler: The Murust System

Months passed by and the ISS Hubble moved on to the other stellar bodies of the Aphris system. It didn't take them long before they uncovered something truly shocking, something utterly beyond our own understanding and with great implications... this is not what they had expected to find after studying an observed electromagnetic anomaly.

Spoiler: The Bunker-Bot

Whatever this machine was trying to solve, the mere fact that it may have existed for millenia was a chilling thought. There was no chance this was natural, someone, or something, had constructed this. They had constructed this long before we even entertained the notion of reaching for the stars. Paired with the findings on Aphris IV, it had become undeniably clear that we are not alone. There are others out there, or at least, there had been others out there. As one would expect, this set the academic scene into a frenzy. MafiaScum went crazy. Every newspaper, talkshow, debate and conversation was dominated by the discoveries pouring in. It was both exhilarating yet terrifying.

Spoiler: F*** Your Research Paper, Aliens!

Poor Equinox was not entirely sure how to manage the raving peoples of MafiaScum, this was a scenario far outside the scope of anything all their predecessors had had to face. One thing was certain however: we must press on. And so Equinox released funding for a construction vessel to be sent to the Aphris system. It would be tasked with setting up a starbase, a center to manage all operations in the region and provide refuge to those currently there if need be. Equinox also made the executive decision to leave the giant alien computer alone, fearing for the unknown.

Spoiler: Starbase

MafiaScum was claiming its place amongst the stars.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:54 am

Post by wgeurts »

Spoilers for tomorrow, apparently someone is harvesting our organs.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “The Arcade”