MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #188 (isolation #0) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Hey unsurprised to be here. I've read none of this and only the flips. Happy I was dead on in Taly. I have a two page write-up that I will post in here when I get access to my laptop Monday but for now the summary of my reads.

Town - Vax, Lovebird, Ausuka, Light and Gamma. A bit surprised Vax isn't here.

Top scum -

Theta (Munitions), Tora (Munitions), Taly (Grits)

Second Tier Scum -

The Worst (Munitions BP Traitor), Winged (not sure), Austerity (only if Winged is scum), Davsto (read as Munitions but only if WCG is Town)

Null - Stefan and TheBrie

I'm happy so far with my reads based on results. Will now read the thread to see if any spoilers are about.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #194 (isolation #1) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:51 pm

In post 162, Ankamius wrote:Magna's going to see this and just cry

and probably use his shot on my corpse
NUKE: Ank

Bad Ank ... you should have known better ... you waste early LOLshots on players like NotMafia, Snarky and WCG.

:P

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #197 (isolation #2) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:54 pm

In post 195, Ankamius wrote:Honestly, I would've shot Lovebird if I wasn't dead tired doing that.

It didn't hit me how scummy those posts were until the next day.
Maybe. I'll take my chances with my read on Love over yours given I was 2/4 so far on scum in my "from the hip" calls.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #200 (isolation #3) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:59 pm

In post 199, Ankamius wrote:Magna

It is very rare that I get scumreads
this
strong, to the point where it's impossible to change my mind on them.

They're
yet
to be wrong.
I think you are calling Love scum for the same reason you called me scum like 2 pages ago ... for pointing out things like Taly being scum and the PRICKS was riddled with scum.

Which means unless you can give a better reason than that ... I don't trust it.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #205 (isolation #4) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:08 pm

In post 202, Ankamius wrote:You mean like looking for a somewhat town excuse to use their shot, then floating around doing nothing but occasionally giving essentially nothing reads until they get called out, then trying very hard to shut that down while still doing nothing of consequence?
Meh. We will see. That sort applies to like half the remaining players. I mean ... who left has done anything remotely Townish besides Vax?

I mean I like Gamma and think he's Town but I could see his play as experienced "Keep out of the limelight" scum and his contributions are not great.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #206 (isolation #5) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:09 pm

In post 201, Taly wrote:<3 do u still love me moi????
Sorry I don't know you so kinda hard to have ever loved you ...

Nothing personal I'm just a "Only love people you actually know" kinda guy

:lol:

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #210 (isolation #6) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:12 pm

In post 208, Ankamius wrote:Don't worry Taly, MoI can't like you less than he likes me
I'd like you a lot more if you hadn't LOLSHOT Gork :lol:

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #212 (isolation #7) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:17 pm

In post 1226, the worst wrote:
person shot
alignment
shooter
shooter alignment
Ramcius
Citizen
Eddie Cane
Citizen
Aristophane
Citizen
CheekyTeeky
Citizen
CheekyTeeky
Citizen
Srceenplay
Citizen (1sbp)
Gorkington
Citizen
Ankamius
Citizen
Ankamius
CitizenLovebird???
Nexus
Citizen
Hyung
Citizen
hyung
CitizenMagnaofIllusion???
Varsoon
Citizen
McMenno
Citizen
McMenno
Citizen
Varsoon
Citizen
Harambey180
CitizenGammagooey???
Eddie Cane
Citizen
Momrangal
Citizen (1sbp)
Kokichi Oma
Citizen
Sando
???
SnarkySnowman
1 bp usedVaxkiller???
SnarkySnowman
Grits traitor (1sbp)Ausuka???
Momrangal
1 bp used
Davsto
Citizen (1sbp)
ooba
Citizen
Almost50
Citizen
Almost50
Citizen
Chickadee
Citizen
Srceenplay
1 bp usedTaly???
Bins
Citizen
Not_Mafia
Munitions Co. goon
Creature
Citizen
Hebichan
Citizen
Hebichan
CitizenTheta Alpine???
Not_Mafia
Munitions Co. goonlight_ganski???
Sando
Citizen
Nero Cain
Citizen
Nero Cain
Citizenthe worst???
randomidget
1 bp usedAusterity???
Srceenplay
Citizen (1sbp)Iconeum???
Momrangal
Citizen (1sbp)
randomidget
Citizen (1sbp)
Chickadee
CitizenBrie???
randomidget
Citizen (1sbp)Toranaga???
Personally I think the best evidence for Love and Gamma Town are the timing of their shots ... Sando was dead correct that scum have more of a reason NOT to shoot early.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #213 (isolation #8) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:20 pm

In post 211, Ankamius wrote:btw does the worst actually believe this

3 scumteams is actually better for town than two
I hope not. Flavor has me leaning for either a SK or a Vig.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #215 (isolation #9) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:33 pm

In post 214, Taly wrote:Everyone familiar with me in that game townread me, so kudos. X3
Well if you were a scum player who can't play with a Pro-Town appearance when scum you would have been dead by like Page 10 LOL.

Upon replacing in I was about 75% sure I was correct. The two things that killed you for me were.

1. The "Why Me" response to Gamma's case. That sort of defense was a bit overwrought IMO.
2. The way you used your shot. It is the same reason Theta is my top pick for scum still alive. You both took stances in thread as PRICKS about proper shooting and then made shots that were pretty inconsistent with those positions.

The Ico flips pushed me to 99.5% since you had spent WAY too much time calling him scum but not shooting him and arguing against his end of day shot.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #217 (isolation #10) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Lol Ank. If Love is Town I'm going to strongly suggest you add

"No, Ank definitely has bad reads." - MoI

to your sig

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #231 (isolation #11) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 pm

ITDT Ank and MOI have diametrically opposed reads.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #258 (isolation #12) » Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 am

Still sitting on the laptop. I frankly haven’t been motivated to actually retrieve it given I posted my reads and no one seemed interested. Probably will get around to posting tonight or more likely tomorrow.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #267 (isolation #13) » Thu May 24, 2018 5:35 am

Btw it is pretty telling that nobody is even bothering to look at NKed Town’s reads .

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #271 (isolation #14) » Thu May 24, 2018 1:27 pm

So in the box is what I had prepared for post night. Nothing altered. The only changes I would make to living players would probably be that theWorst is likely SK not Munitions Traitor.

Let me start by saying this is all done before Nightfall is over. Any changes to reads based on deaths overnight will come after a clear break.

First I’ll go into some very general thoughts. My theory on PRICKS still absolutely holds. With an Ico scum flip I think there are likely at least 1-2 more scum in there and at least one Munitions scum.

Sando made a very good point early on at . I think scum are more likely to hold their shots early Day 1 of this game. The wild and wooly early game got a number of Town killed for from the hip shots and scum have incentive to NOT have that happen when so many bullets out there. Which also dovetails into why PRICKS was attractive to scum … it gave them a reason to hold their shots and a protection. I think supports this theory as I’m Town reading most of the unflipped early shots at this stage.

Also I disagree completely with anyone who pushes “Player X shot non-Traitor scum, they were bussing”. In a multi-scum game it doesn’t pay to bus with Daykills as the inherent Town cred for that kill just makes you a target for being killed at Night.

So let’s filter my reads right now.

Vaxkiller, Lovebird, Ausuka, Light and Gamma are what I would call Townreads. During my read-though I noticed with each that as the game progressed they made posts and observations that aligned with my thoughts at that stage. In a couple of occasions I found myself thinking “I just wrote that in my notes”. Gamma is probably the weakest as I read through I was completely backwards in assessments about NotMafia partners (I think Taly is much more likely to be Grits due to massive Ico links) but I had the advantage of hindsight so it wasn’t enough to deter me from putting him in my Town right now.

Now let’s talk my top scum reads first.

Theta I think is very, VERY likely to be scum and a great NotMafia partner candidate. looks like a “Hey, look I’m positing singleball it shows I’m not scum” post to me. very much looks like a Beetlejuice post to me. He had just been called out for having little content among the PRICKS (think it was TheBrie but forgot to jot down who specifically in my notes) and pops in with a IIoA post that looks great on the surface but in the game at that point is unwieldy and isn’t helpful to actually finding scum. If anything it just is a way for scum to figure out who Town would shoot and aim away from them at Night. I also think his shot on Hebi is scum motivated. Look at his reads list and see where Hebi was residing as opposed to NotMafia. He postured about NotMafia but knee-jerked a shot on Hebi for “Oh my god he killed Creature” which was an absolutely safe shot on a “not partner” given the general feelings about Creature being Town. Lastly I think his is scum indicative and links him to Arch / Tora – he’s calling the best shots two low content posters (who I know are both Town) but completely ignored Tora’s slot.

Tora likewise I think is scum and has links to Theta that make me think partner. Firstly both slots have very, very scummy entrance posts that look like trying to “Jungle Town” tell. Before his shot he mentions that Theta looks scummy but ends up shooting Town instead of his scum read. He mentions Random not an iota before that shot. And then goes back to distancing from Theta. And his ISO is filled with active lurking with very little content.

If either on flips non-Traitor Munitions the other should be ventilated ASAP.

Now on the Grits side I think Taly fits that bill to a tee. His ISO is filled with posts that link him to Ico. is an example … he’s bemoaning that Varsoon might have an actual reason to suspect Ico but doesn’t re-read or do anything with it. Soft distancing in my mind. And his repeated waffling on “Oh I think Ico is scum but I want a case” near the end of day is indicative of not wanting to be caught not suspecting Ico but not wanting to encourage Ico’s death. I see as further distancing as Ico was a supposed top shot but that evaporated later. I think also is a link to Ico.

Likewise I think points to not being a NotMafia partner and I don’t see my Munitions read in Theta being aligned with him either based on .

So those would be my top shots.

Who else is in my scum pool but not as strongly?

Winged I still suspect for all the reasons I articulated before – too much “Mother May I?” posting regarding using her shot and no attempt to parse anyone’s alignment. I think I boxed her in with my call-out about her scum-claiming that meant she needed to shoot Ico to have a chance at surviving Day 2. I acknowledge she could just maybe be lazy and bad Town which is why she isn’t in my Top scum picks but it would be a long way for me to actually Town read her.

Austerity is a tough nugget for me. I want to Townread her on the strength of and a few others but her strong Town read on WCG completely throws me. I don’t see any reason to near lock-town that slot. A WCG scum flip would catapult her into the top of my scum reads but Winged being Town would move her to weak Town.

theWorst actually reads to me as a solid candidate for BP Munitions Traitor. I have trouble Town reading due to the multiple Town BP flips and the fact that no-one seemed to pay attention to his not having a followup shot. If there is a missing Nightkill tonight I would completely suggest he was recruited. looks like a “Jungle Town” tell attempt and I really can’t see Town who posted all these players in he had lots of experience with then saying he had trouble getting reads. is a bit of Cogdis and thus triggers me as well. And I see as scum motivated posting.

Davsto rounds out my mid scum reads. Despite his insistence that he had good reasons for scum reading Mom there is way too much focus on a single slot for my tastes from him. I see links to Taly at and . I think is more likely to come from a scum perspective than Town (although it could be Town) and dislike how he’s arguing both sides of the same coin by saying “Mom was scummy for having a bad case on me” and “Just because I was wrong doesn’t mean I’m scum”. to me points to him being Munitions IF Winged is Town.

That leaves Stefan and TheBrie in my “Null” pile. Not enough seen indicative of alignment to me on either side of the coin by the end of Day 1.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #272 (isolation #15) » Thu May 24, 2018 1:33 pm

And here's my current post Day 1 score-card ...

Town - Vax, Lovebird, Ausuka, Light and Gamma
Null - Stefan and
TheBrie

Weak Scum - The Worst, Winged, Austerity, Davsto
Strong Scum - Theta,
Tora
Taly

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #275 (isolation #16) » Thu May 24, 2018 2:10 pm

In post 274, Taly wrote:Lol aww, I'm considered strong scum even in the dead thread. ;)
That was written before Night ended. I'm not going to change it just because some scum took a good shot and validated my read :P

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #294 (isolation #17) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 am

Updating for recent shots ... glad I was correct for the wrong reason on Austerity :lol:

Town - Vax, Lovebird, Ausuka, Light and Gamma
Null - Stefan and
TheBrie

Weak Scum - The Worst,
Winged
Austerity
, Davsto
Strong Scum -
Theta
Tora
Taly

Also my response to Austerity shooting me ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #297 (isolation #18) » Sat May 26, 2018 2:22 am

If the Worst isn't scum / SK then they are the worst (irony, amirite) at convincing anyone with the whole "Every scum shoots me" stuff junking up the thread.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #319 (isolation #19) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks for letting me know Gamma isn't Munitions and thus only possible scum as the SK Theta!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #329 (isolation #20) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:09 am

Why isn’t anybody shooting theWorst? With Grits almost certainly gone getting rid of the SK is top priority

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #332 (isolation #21) » Mon May 28, 2018 8:49 am

In post 330, Eddie Cane wrote:there's probably 1 or 2 more grits
If there are any Grits left the game is waaay to scum sided. When scum have both a factional NK and Daykills standard proportions are not appropriate.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #374 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 am

Updating for Day 3 and recent shots...

Town -
Vax
Lovebird
Ausuka
, Light and Gamma
Null -
Stefan
and
TheBrie

Weak Scum -
The Worst
Winged
Austerity
, Davsto
Strong Scum -
Theta
Tora
Taly

Oh look - surprise Love was Town Ank ...

you should update that sig :P

Return to “Completed Game Topics”