MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:56 am

Post by MikhailTal »

Aside from lucidity at the foundations, Delta is somewhat performative.

Following the tailwind of the post prior, #478 reads rather as suggestion - the payoff to setting the stage, perhaps.
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

+Autism|ADHD|Schizophrenia|Other Assorted Conditions

Tone Marker Explanation
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:26 am

Post by MikhailTal »

In post 564, usesPython wrote:
In post 562, KatyKimFanClub wrote: 2) UP: do you have reasons to townread me outside of meta? More specifically, do you think my reads from Day 1 are consistent, and, do you think my defense of Mikhail is +town?
I haven't read anything past when Mikhail started posting and I was kinda hoping I could keep it that way. Gimme a summary of the defense?

-A
Such a lack of concern for my feelings and the value of my perspective, knowing it was pure, is a rather useful indicator as to how accepting this website's community is. I suppose, it might be necessary for me to display 'I am neurodivergent with several high-intensity mental conditions' as a marker on each of my posts, like other players do with theirs, if I want to be taken seriously in the future. Regardless, I suspect this quote is indication that usesPython is town.
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

Tone Marker Explanation
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by MikhailTal »

In post 14, MikhailTal wrote: Such a lack of concern for my feelings and the value of my perspective, knowing it was pure, is a rather useful indicator as to how accepting this website's community is. I suppose, it might be necessary for me to display 'I am neurodivergent with several high-intensity mental conditions' as a marker on each of my posts, like other players do with theirs, if I want to be taken seriously in the future. Regardless, I suspect this quote is indication that usesPython is town.
On reflection, it is simply that I want usesPython to be town. As someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder, I had hoped at least one among a fellow collective would share my thoughts in how dangerous it is to dismiss the perspective of an individual. I did not want to consider that it would be said as mafia when mafia has the luxury, and perhaps even incentive, to avoid taking such an unnecessarily biased stance if it would maintain a more positive atmosphere. That, however, is not a perspective that attempts to make a judgement on their alignment, it is mere speculation.
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

Tone Marker Explanation
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by MikhailTal »

In post 649, usesPython wrote: We're not trying to be an asshole, we're pretty sure that perception comes from a difference in definitions and we apologized for it in . Like scumread us sure whatever that's part of the game but don't imply we're actively on purpose being toxic regardless of what PM we got

-A
can only be interpreted as leveling or angle shooting based on how things turned out
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

Tone Marker Explanation
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by MikhailTal »

or maybe cosmic irony
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

Tone Marker Explanation
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by MikhailTal »

In post 25, Skygazer wrote: I've struggled with whether or not I should like address the toxicity this game has had in depth in the dead thread (honestly most people who have been on this site a significant period of time have seen worse but this is the worst I've seen in a game I've modded... I might be lucky in that regard).

I guess all I have to say is this: mafia and therapy have both taught me it's better to "respond" than it is to "react." That is to say, this is forum mafia, we have the luxury of stepping away and reapproaching a situation with a less flustered mind, and doing so can lead to healthier interactions. Naturally there's going to be conflict and manipulation. You can even have an abrasive personality and people will still love to play with you if you do it tastefully. But knowing how to go about this game respectfully is important for everyone's enjoyment, and if you don't figure out how to do that, you'll start to see people "/out" when you join the queue, wind up on blacklists, have mods WotC you, etc.

I have no interest in calling anyone out specifically at the moment, but that's just my two cents. I'm not saying you have to be a saint either; I've had someone assume that I had to be town because I'd "be a horrible person" for attempting an AtE I did as scum. I was scum and they got over it. I'm just saying that knowing how to not take things too far is a really important part of playing this game.
if you're incapable of at least trying to view someone else impartially based on differences in the appearance of their text you're only playing the game on an optical level to begin with and aren't thinking for yourself, and the only justification you can have for that is 'i'm not having fun so i refuse to engage'. trying to relate it back to the game is unjust discrimination, there isn't another word for it, and it can't ever be just unless you admit you're happy to give up to enjoy yourself more. it's nothing more than cowardice or laziness to give any other reason to discard someone else's perspective as town and is ALWAYS bad faith, it's very easy to just admit you don't want to do something without fallaciously making it sound like you have some nobler cause that ties in to the gamestate. very simple, very objective statement: working on less information to model your understanding is always worse. impartial judgement isn't about believing something but giving it consideration to begin with and jason is a good example of a player who knows how to do that while still discrediting someone else's opinion.

calling each other cunts or whatever is conflict, sure, but it's fundamentally different in nature. you can call someone a cunt and agree or disagree with them justly separate from that. katy and pc's spat day 1 was heated but wasn't particularly toxic as much as it was a mismatch of perspectives and that's true of any case in this particular game where pc is involved with someone else and there's any amount of discomfort, pc may as well be the definition of acting in good faith, they're simply blunt. delta and usespython more or less were talking past each other intentionally which is obviously quite bad faith but there's seemingly an alignment-related explanation for that. bazuf asked for someone whose alignment they can only possibly know (katy) if bazuf is mafia, to explain mikhail's reads in mikhail's place when mikhail was still alive, citing reasons such as it being 'annoying' to read mikhail's messages. allowing such a degradation of perspective but not allowing yourself to simply read something and attempt to understand it is inherently nonsensical, and if it isn't mafia it's MORE insulting than bazuf just saying directly to mikhail 'i refuse to read anything you say'. framing toxicity in mafia around conflict has to be missing the point as mafia's just a gamified conversation that encourages arguments and arguments necessitate conflict, its toxicity is the closer to the same as within informal debate - attack the position, not the person. if you don't have conviction somewhere, seek clarification directly or don't engage directly. extremity and what is 'too far' is far too subjective, nobody in our system would care even slightly if we were told to kill ourselves in real life in a mafia game but will forget someone else exists entirely and put them in poe without a second thought if they suggest they're doing the same for any of us.
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

Tone Marker Explanation
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:13 am

Post by MikhailTal »

this has become a rather ridiculous game as pc is trying to set the record for longest stream of consciousness of all time while both mafia go down their laundry lists trying less and less creative ways to gaslight town and the only reason scum aren't immediately resigning is that the rest of town is too intimidated by pc at this point outplaying every other player there combined to just listen to them and win effortlessly
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

Tone Marker Explanation