Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Wake1 »

Well, I put the time in to make it, so I'll post it here.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Wake1 »

To keep it real, I crumbed Bomb way back in Day 1—1301.

As of the end of Day 3, we've got this:

AGar

Airick10

Almost50

beeboy

Boem_u_dusi

Dunnstral

Kraska 77

implosion

Lapsa
-
Macho Townie
[Killed Night 1]

Mirhawk
-
Mafia 2-Shot Commuter
[Lynched Day 3]

PeregrineV
-
Town Doctor
[Lynched Day 2]

podoboq

shannon

Titus
-
Vanilla Townie
[Killed Night 2]

Transcend

Varsoon

Vedith
-
Mafia Neapolitan
[Lynched Day 1]

Zachstralkita

I checked with GIF during the Night why Airick and Kraska at one point had their names striked through. Sent a PM to GIF @ Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:08 pm regarding airick and Kraska77 being striked through while Night is ongoing. Zero PM evidence, but I did quote the OP when I saw it:

Spoiler:
GuyInFreezer wrote:
MY GAME, MY FLAVOR MAFIA

Current Status: Day 3 Image

Deadline: (expired on 2016-07-19 10:39:20)

PLAYERS
  1. AGar *
  2. Almost50
  3. Dunnstral
  4. Zachstralkita
  5. shannon
  6. beeboy
    Sickofit1138

7. Airick10
  8. kraska 77
    Performer Nero Cain

9. Transcend
  10. Boem_u_dusi
  11. podoboq
  12. Wake88 *
  13. Varsoon *
  14. implosion

NOT PLAYERS ANYMORE
  1. Vedith
    Nosferatu
    Mafia Neapolitan
    , lynched
    Day 1
  2. Lapsa,
    Macho Townie
    , killed
    Night 1
  3. PeregrineV,
    Town Doctor
    , lynched
    Day 2
  4. Titus,
    Vanilla Town
    , killed
    Night 2
  5. Mirhawk
    SuddenlyARabbit
    Mafia 2-shot Commuter
    , was lynched Day 3.

OH NOES DEM MODKILLS

- beeboy believes mirhawk claim 4707 and votes A50 in 4706.
- beeboy says in 4711: "See, I didn't think you where scum until you accused scum of framing you >:("
- 4712 kraska thinks my reaction is fake [there's nothing I can do about that].

I'm feeling a bit defensive because from where I'm standing I think Scum killed Titus because I was locked in battle with her throughout the whole game, and I feel Scum will use that to try and get me lynched especially because I've been crumbing for some time now that I have a reflexive ability.

- 4716 Kraska says I'm not trying to figure out why Titus was killed, [but it's midnight and way past my bed-time: I don't have the energy to deeply dive into her post history at that time.]

- 4716 beeboy says we should lynch Almost50 because we have too many protective roles, but we already have a flipped Doctor, so why would we lynch a claimed Jailkeeper over a SECOND claimed Doctor? Beeboy could you please explain to me why you wanted the claimed Jailkeeper lynched rather than the other claimed Doctor? To me it seems it's more likely for there to be a Doctor and a Jailkeeper in a setup rather than a Doctor and an Even-Night Doc (and a possible Odd-Doc).

- 4720 beeboy says yup in response to my question: doesn't really explain anything.

- 4721-4722: At this point in the game I'm feeling Almost50 is more trustworthy, and I agree with his mirhawk lynch. Note that Almost50 voting for Mirhawk came before the Scumslip, which has more weight than if he voted
after
it.

- 4723: I didn't believe there were 2-3 Doctors, and was looking at Mirhawk anyways, especially with Pere's flip.

- 4724: Likewise, with so many PR claims, I have every reason to wonder why Titus [who did not claim anything] would be killed rather than claimed Doctor, Vig, and Jailkeeper.] You tell me what the rationale is behind killing a random rather than a PR claim. There had to have been a reason. Why would they do that? Is it because of the fact that I'll blow one of them to smithereens if they try to kill me at Night? What other reason do they have for killing Titus over a PR claim? Is it because she was hot on the trail of Scum? I don't know, but I do know that I am Town this game and the only way Scum can get rid of me safely is by rope.

- 4727: Kraska doesn't like my reaction to the flip: there's nothing I can do about it so I'm not going to let it slow me down.

- As Town you're going to make mistakes. I'm fine with that and each and every experience I have only strengthens me as a Mafia player. Beeboy was going after Almost50 rather than Mirhawk at the very start of Day 3, but changed his tune very quickly when the Scumslip happened.

- in 4728 A50 mentions that beeboy claimed Miller. I'm not sure what to make of that: it doesn't necessarily mean he's Scum but I know Scum in general have a history of using that for cover. I'm more concerned about his actions rather than his claim. A50 pointing this out does resonate with how I feel; at the moment I'm going to bookmark his claim and just focus on what he's doing. We can focus on him later if we run out of better options.

- 4737: Varsoon claims to be a Nurse now. He's explained this already but I'm not completely sold. The main reason this is bothering me is because of http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Backup. "Backup roles are typically linked with a primary role, and don't get to use their action until an/the active role of the same name dies." We know that there's been no dead Nurse yet because none of the flips have been Nurses. The Wiki page for the Backup modifier says that the Backup player doesn't get to use their action until the role of the same name
dies
. No Nurse has died. I could understand Varsoon if he had claimed being a Backup Doctor, and that he gained his power once the real Doctor Peregrine died. So... yeah. Varsoon only gets the ability when someone with the same role name 'Nurse' dies. This makes me think Varsoon is lying, and is why I'm currently voting for him. VOTE: Varsoon. The 'current Nurse' stepping up to be a Doctor does not mesh with the Wiki page regarding the Backup modifier, and I would challenge all of you to go to that page and show me exactly where I am wrong. I really need some answers from you Varsoon because what you're saying does NOT mesh with the Wiki.

- At this point I'm in this uncomfortable situation where I'm beginning to Townread the guy who's claiming I'm Scum.

- 4743: Beeboy believes Varsoon's claim and he believes Mirhawk. Per the Wiki Backup page the ability is only passed upon death.

~ At this point in general I give more credence to the Mirhawk votes before the Scumslip, rather than those after it.

- Looking at 4754's vote, and now knowing that Mirhawk is Scum, I have even more reason to believe Almost50 is Town. The way he says "That being said B's right, there are too many protectives. I think fifty would have to be scum unless they have some serious power" really makes me wonder, because at this point Mirhawk is Scum and could be playing along to a possibly-Town beeboy's suggestion. They could be on the same team: at this point I can't say with any certainty. For clarity he says he protected podoboq Night 2, and Titus Night 1. The implosion, kraska, and boem reactions to 4754 at face value give the impression that they're Town, and this is before the Scumslip.

- 4758: implosion:
implosion wrote:Okay actually though this post
Wake wrote:I'm thinking the main reason Scum killed Titus is because she continuously butted heads with me this game, and my ability will kill anyone who tries to kill me at Night. It's actually pretty sneaky, but it won't work and I'll be waiting for Scum to approach.
Please explain what you mean by this on any level. And why are you choosing this exact moment to claim PGO? Why would scum know that you were a PGO, and therefore choose to kill Titus over you, as you're implying here? And why would scum want to kill one of two townies who were butting heads and distracting the town?
I'll explain exactly what I mean. My theory is that Scum decided to kill Titus rather than a claimed PR because she and I were constantly locked in battle ever since Day 1, and at least 3 times I've crumbed that a member of Scum would have to die in order to kill me during the Night. Meaning, in order to get rid of me safely they need to lynch me. That's not an easy thing to do, so one way they can make it easier is if they kill someone that would make it look like I was Scum. Scum needs me dead but they don't want to sacrifice a member to do so. I don't feel I need to explain that sometimes Scum kill certain players in order to cast doubt on other players to make it easier to lynch them.

Furthermore, I never claimed being a PGO. That you're saying I claimed PGO tells me you aren't really reading my posts. As you should be aware I'm trying to figure out why Scum killed Titus over a claimed Town PR. If there's one Scumteam they would know Mirhawk was lying, so they wouldn't have killed Mirhawk. Meaning, assuming Almost50 is not Scum, why would they kill Titus over Almost50, when Titus never claimed yet A50 claimed full Jailkeeper? You would think a Jailkeeper would be more dangerous. Scum has every reason to fear losing one of their one because I'm a Bomb, so they would do whatever they can to try and make achieving my lynch easier for them. If you were Scum implosion would you have one of you attempt to kill a claimed Bomb, or would you look for ways to lynch him instead, averting the Bomb's ability? I also acknowledge your point that Scum could have just left me and Titus alive to bicker and wrassle for God knows how long, but I think my Bomb claim is a valid factor in why they didn't.

~ At this point the Mafia need to get rid of me, because I'm only going to become more and more powerful as I start piecing together each and every one of these pieces, to the point where players begin to realize that I am Town.

- 4763: podoboq claims Macho status. I don't know if there's anything in addition to that but he can clarify that on his own time.

- 4760: I haven't sorted out Boem yet. I somewhat agree with Boem about Transcend hammering the claimed Doctor being a bad move. I don't think that means he lost all credibility, considering Peregrine did have a chance to claim. I don't recall what Boem was saying when Dunnstral hammered Scum-Vedith before a claim was given.

- 4767: Pre-Scumslip Mirhawk saying Zach is super Town worries me a bit. Compound that with him saying in 4770 that he thinks Almost50 is scummy.

- 4773: I like implosion's post here.

- 4775: beeboy votes me because of my Bomb claim. OK, why?

- 4778: beeboy continues to buy Mirhawk's stuff, but I have yet to see beeboy give any sort of rationale as to
why
he believes him.

- 4780: I don't buy kraska's 4780 because she's pretending that TvT doesn't exist. Why would she push that?

- 4783:

Mirhawk wrote:Wakes not a bomb, he's full of shit.

If he was actually a bomb he would have claimed it right from the start to avoid the possibility of killing town PR's.

Or are bombs the ones that only go off on kill attempts, I can't remember.
I think it's really telling how he's saying this before his Scumslip and flip. We've got Scum doubtcasting yours truly. I would ask you to think about that.

- 4786: implosion's fair-minded reservation about voting me tells me he's coming from a Town mindset, in that he's capable of independent, critical thought. He doesn't knee-jerk vote without sound reasoning: he expresses his doubts but gives me opportunity to answer questions before choosing an action.

- 4800:
Boem_u_dusi wrote:I'm considering that the scum killed Titus to frame Wake, but Wake is making that really easy with horrible reads and his claim is ridiculous.
You can take your opinion and stuff it. None of us as Town are perfect, and I make no apology for being imperfect as Town. Show me someone who's always right when they're Town.

- 4801: This is interesting because he's doubtcasting me yet again, invoking me and Titus, and also Scumslipping, sealing his fate. Very interesting.

- 4803: Boem being the first to catch Mirhawk 2 minutes after it happens tells me Boem is likely
Town
, or this is some major gamble on Scum's part. I think the former is more likely. I'll beat him down every chance I get when he's wrong, but for this I'm really Townreading him. Implosion was second to catch him at the same time, but Boem pointed it out first. I Townread both of them but Boem to a slightly greater degree. Transcend is 3rd, but it's more likely Scum's just going with the flow. I don't know about Transcend; he's also the first vote after the Scumslip.

- 4807: Not liking Kraska's post. I do believe that Scum's trying to frame me because they need a way to get rid of the Bomb during the Day. At this point I want to know what Kraska thinks. In her own words I want to know how Scum would react to a Bomb claim. Would they
not
try to get rid of it during the Day?

- 4813: Kraska's the 2nd post-Scumslip vote.

- 4815: beeboy, funnily enough, is the 3rd.

~
kraska77 wrote:if mirhawk is scum then almost50 is conftown
Boem_u_dusi wrote:If Mirhawk flips scum, I think implosion is almost certainly town for that reaction.
kraska77 wrote:implosion and podo are definitely town

by process of elimination, chances that airick is scum go up. but i guess i'll look into that as the game progresses
This ^ bothers me a little bit because one expresses absolute certainty, and one doesn't. Kraska's saying A50 is confTown and implosion/podo are definitely Town, whereas Boem thinks implosion is 'almost certainly' Town. The difference is subtle, but there. To be fair Kraska doesn't express utter certainty when it comes to airick.

- 4826:
kraska77 wrote:also throwing shade at almost50's claim means throwing shade at dunnstral in extension
which is what wake and mirhawk have been doing all day 2 long
Someone please explain this to me, because I don't remember throwing shade at A50's claim. Also I need to see the rationale on how doing that (which needs to be pointed out) somehow by extension throws shade at Dunnstral. I can see there being a Jailkeeper and a Doctor in a large game, but there being a Doctor and an Even-Doctor (with possible Odd-Doc) would give me more reason to be skeptical. Where exactly was I 'doing that all Day 2 long"?

- 4830 raises my eyebrows a bit, because he's asking Dunn who he shot when Dunn says he was 1-Shot Vig. Why would he ask that? Dunn respond with affirmation that X-shot roles don't get refunded if roleblocked. Day 3 started at 4705. At that point up to 4830 Dunnstral never mentioned having more than 1 shot. At that point Dunnstral has said he was 1-Shot Vig, so how does Transcend know?

- 4833:
Boem_u_dusi wrote:If Dunnstral is town (very likely), Wake's yesterday lynchpool consisted of 3 town players (Titus, Dunnstral and me).

I'll have to ISO Airick10 before too long.

Currently I'm thinking:
POE: { Mirhawk, Wake }
Possibilities: { Airick10 }

Brace yourselves, lolcats are coming.
In light of the developments things are changing. Your 4803 gives me reason to Townread you, and Dunnstral I'm conflicted on.

- 4835-4837: @Boem there can't be more than one SK. @Dunn I said that before Scumslip, and after random player was killed instead of claimed P; I don't understand why exactly Titus was killed instead of any of the PR claims. @implosion: I agree with this.

- 4843: So Dunn isn't a Mason, and he isn't a 1-Shot Vig.

- 4846: You explain that Dunn, because you're being sloppy with your accusation. @4726 I didn't know for sure Mirhawk was Scum, so why didn't Scum target him or Almost50 considering they claimed. We know now that he was Scum, but at that time no we did not. If you're smart you'll be fair enough to see that. You and implosion are both Town you should try to learn from him.

- 4850: You're going to look silly for this post-game. :D

- 4851:
Boem_u_dusi wrote:
In post 4851, Dunnstral wrote:By the way, I guarantee you guys that Wake is scum.

Remember I was talking about wake soft defending mirhawk all game? yep
:cop:
Considering I'm Town, I
really
don't like Boem using this Cop icon in support of Dunnstral's wrong-headed accusation. Since I know exactly what I know, how can he guarantee the opposite of what's in my role PM? Explain to me, Dunnstral, exactly why you say I'm Scum when I'm not? I am Town, but I'm not sure about Zach.

- 4853: A50 clarifies that he jailed Dunnstral N1 and Kraska N2.

- 4855: In hindsight I like this post. He and Boem can stay in the Townpile, though I do have at least one reservation on Boem with the Cop icon.

- 4866: Transcend needs more pressure over this. Varsoon as well. Until we get more info from Transcend I'd wagon him over Dunnstral

~ I really want to know what Dunnstral and Boem think of the Wiki Backup page, since the power is only passed
upon death

While I think there's something with the Transcend claim between him and Dunnstral, I think the Varsoon vs Wiki page issue deserves more attention. The page only mentions transference when a player dies, and no player has died.

I really want to understand how GIF and the reviewers changed the Backup's standard function upon death to a totally different method of activation. Per the Wiki page Backup ONLy activates when someone dies. No other alternate requirement is listed.

At the moment I'm Townreading implosion, Almost50, and Boem to varying degrees. I'm not sure about Dunnstral and Transcend; they're in the gray section with Transcend lower on the list than Dunnstral. Kraska's around-slightly lower on the list than Transcend. I don't like how beeboy completely agreed with Mirhawk until the Scumslip and doubtcasted me with zero explanation whatsoever. I'm also Scumreading Varsoon until we get the Backup Wiki page thoroughly explained.

For some reason I get the feeling a much-alive Dunnstral is going to say he's 3-Shot Vig.

It's strange how Transcend's 4946 sort of resonates with me spotting airiick and kraska being crossed off temporarily in the spoiler of this post. Mirhawk got crossed before he flipped, and these two got crossed before Night 3 resolved and then went back to not being crossed after I asked GIF about it.

Until Zach comes in here and starts talking I have him back at null, between Transcend and Kraska.

- 4976: Dunnstral, can you clarify? You know I've been heavily Townread because I'm obvTown, and you imply Zach is Scum who is being Townread by everyone. Can you clarify that you think both of us are Scum? If so I would like you to better elaborate in detail why you think so, and I'd also like to see you acknowledge for yourself any of the holes in that argument. Also in 4977 you're saying I'm Scumclaiming but that's nothing but a load of bunk: tell everyone exactly why being the Bomb is somehow a Scumclaim.

~ As for airick I don't know about him, so he's in the Null pile for now.

I like Boem's 4978 but his latter post is crap. Stay classy. :lol:

- Boem's 4983: I suspected Nosferatu but Vedith fooled me because I gave him a clean slate when he replaced in. The Mirhawk case did not compel me: that's not my fault. As for Peregrine, the only reason I voted him was to get him to stop fucking around because we were running out of time. I didn't ask for Transcend to then swoop in and nail him. I have the right to not always be correct as an uninformed player. If you don't like that, sue me.

- As for Transcend's 4984, this was during extreme late-night past 11PM up to 1AM. No way am I going to perform at optimum effectiveness when I'm tired as hell. And I was asleep when Mirhawk got nailed: if you guys didn't rush I would have been able to contribute more the next morning.

Shannon I've got as Null until I dive down, and as for podoboq I need to look over some things. AGar is squarely null: I need more to work with in order to better read him.

Pre-History-Dive this is where I've got players on my list thus far.

implosion

Almost50

Boem_u_dusi

podoboq

Dunnstral

Zachstralkita

Airick10

Kraska 77

shannon

AGar

Transcend

beeboy

Varsoon

For those who missed it I'm currently voting Varsoon until I get thorough explanation on how he got that power when the Wiki page explicitly says it's only gained upon death of a player.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*