Shadowrun Mafia - Aztechnology Headquarters (Scum PT)

Forum for old private topics
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Shadowrun Mafia - Aztechnology Headquarters (Scum PT)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Bold Vote Scientist »

Overlooking the SceneryAs a Lonestar officer, you've been tasked by Aztechnology to eliminate the runner threat. Mr. Johnson has tasked you with this. He's a very self-interested man. His allegiances shift with any oncoming wind, but you were paid in full up front. The three of you were selected for your unique skills and talents in this endeavor. Your sacrifices will keep Aztechnology, a major cultural and scientific icon, able to do the good works they do. Others may not agree with the methods, up to and including murder and human experimentation, but the world is a better place with Aztechnology in it.

You quickly begin to assess each others skills. The Occult Investigator was hired for their ability to clean out threats and not leave a trace. Normally, they helped track down lost children in the Astral and Matrix threads with assistance from Deepweed and Psyche, but longed for a change. The Street Samurai was just a pure brutal tank that handled physical security for years. Lastly, the technomancer handled any threats to Matrix security for years, without needing a keyboard. The three of you meet at a high rise overlooking most of New Orleans.

Mr. Johnson walks in. They are just called "mister" as a matter of habit. They are completely non-descript other than probably being human or elven. Their gender is obscured. If you had to describe them, all you could say is "average person in a business suit". This is deliberate. Johnsons do not like to be tracked. He begins to explain to you some very important information...

Traitor in Your Midst
- One of the runners is secretly a corporate executive who paid for the Lonestar presence. You do not know who they are. Your rolecop will not detect them and they are aware of this. They are in deep cover for obvious reasons.
You think you can just walk in and take on Aztechnology. Hahaha. This is just our plan to clean out the shadowrunners from Louisana.
- You begin in control of Mr. Johnson. Each night, you will select a player to be the party leader the following day. The first party leader has been selected at random and will be the Face, as that is what RNG said in the Mod PT. You may elect to draft a flavor message regarding "Mr. Johnson's" selection of the Party Leader, or you may defer to the mod to do that.
They want a party. Let's give them a party.
- You may not elect the same party leader twice in a row. You may not deliberately select someone with access to this PT twice in a row. Town does not know about Mr. Johnson being a proxy for the scumteam. They may uncover this and find out, so choose your party leaders wisely. You may lose control of Mr. Johnson at a later time. Selecting the traitor to be a leader will recruit them. You must always submit five names (ranked) to be Party Leader. [There may or may not be that many nightkills in the game but to prevent the night extending due to failure to appoint a party leader.]
Murdering the Shadowrunners Seems Efficient
- You may act and submit the nightkill. To submit a nightkill, you must indicate a PT you perform the kill in (Astral, Matrix or Meatspace [main thread]. The killer must have access to that PT.

Image Role PMs (will update with your actual pictures):

Spoiler: Occult Investigator - Space Cowboy
Lonestar Occult Investigator
I'm wanting out. Things that go bump no longer mystify me. A cushy retirement in Aztechnology doesn't sound too bad.
You are aligned with Aztechnology/Lonestar (scum)
See rolecard for actual abilities.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar
, bloodsucking corporations hellbent on making just one more dollar.
In order to win the game, you must control half or more living, not-imprisoned players.

Spoiler: Street Samurai - Mathblade
Lonestar Street Samurai
Lonestar gave me life again after a shadowrunner took my arms. Now, I'll make them pay.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar
In order to win the game, you must control half or more living, not-imprisoned players.

Spoiler: Technomancer
Lonestar Technomancer
The magical world of cyberspace is boring without a little competition to my innate skills. Bring it on.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar

Text Role PMs:

Spoiler: Occult Investigator
Lonestar Occult Investigator
Text Version
I'm wanting out. Things that go bump no longer mystify me. A cushy retirement in Aztechnology doesn't sound too bad.
Filtering through the Garbage to Find a Nugget of Truth
- Once per game, you may assume the role of a dead town player. This does not negate any other abilities you may have. You may not choose an ability that would confirm you as town.
Cleaners
- You may hide a runner's rolecard once per game. If you are blocked, you get this back. This player will not have their abilities revealed ever.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar

Spoiler: Street Samurai
Lonestar Street Samurai
Text Version
Lonestar gave me life again after a shadowrunner took my arms. Now, I'll make them pay.
Dermal Plating - You survive the first non-lynch death your slot would otherwise suffer.
Tortuous Tank
- You may elect to jailkeep a player. This will also rolecop the player. This will not reveal the traitor, as you'll be given false names. All actions done on the jailkeep target will fail.

The abilities of your scummates (the Occult Investigator and the Technomancer) are listed in your PT. The traitor's abilities are not.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar

Spoiler: Technomancer
Lonestar Technomancer
Text Version
The magical world of cyberspace is boring without a little competition to my innate skills. Bring it on.
Jack in
- You may use a free action to jack into or out of the Matrix PT.
Matrix Override
- Can see every single message sent or received on one night. (1-use)
My Eyes Are On You
- Target a player and find out everything that was done to them the previous day or that night. (Nightly)

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar

Additional Security, Adventure Fuckery for Scum... Select During Day unless otherwise noted
  • Hard Adventure
    - Make all rolls on that challenge need an additional hit to pass. Players will be notified.(day or before first challenge)
    Sudden Combat
    - Throw in a round of combat onto an adventure. This cannot be done on the Public Mission (aka not combined with Watchful Eyes). (day or night, cannot be triggered after a mission is won)
    I'm a little busy here
    - Remove a player from an adventure. The difficulty of the rest adventure will be reduced accordingly. (night)
    Watchful Eyes
    - The adventure takes place at a gala. Public displays of violence and weaponry have a 75% chance of throwing a player in prison if they fail a stealth check. Town will just be told that acts of violence may result in severe consequences. (day)
    Dumb Nosy Guard Patrol
    - A guard keeps pestering around on patrol. Murdering him means an additional combat round. Having a runner occupy him removes that runner from the rest of the mission. Difficulty adjusted down. (day)
    Die hit the floor
    - Force the DM to reroll a successful challenge result. (day or night, can be set to run by a trigger)

~Clarification Note:~ Each may only be done once.
If three challenges fail, then the mission is considered a failure.
Each failure increases all difficulties in the future for that mission by 1.

Default difficulty is one die per runner sent on a mission.

Welcome Space Cowboy (Occult Investigator), Mathblade (Street Samurai), and Detective Moonlight (Technomancer). You may discuss freely in here day or night. You may also submit actions in here. In fact, the moderators prefer it that way.
Last edited by Bold Vote Scientist on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
In fact, the mere act of lynching the Hydra will determine the alignment of the Hydra, although in this case there were three determinate states the Hydra could be in: these being Town, Scum, and Bloody Furious.
[Hydra of Titus and Varsoon]
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

This looks like fun ^_^
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 am

First off, we need to work on giving someone the ability to get into the Astral PT. We have someone who can jack in and out of the Matrix, so that one's covered.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:25 am

Feel free to ask questions in here. Day will open momentarily
In fact, the mere act of lynching the Hydra will determine the alignment of the Hydra, although in this case there were three determinate states the Hydra could be in: these being Town, Scum, and Bloody Furious.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:26 am

Is the prison question still closed? I'd assume so.
“Why was I chosen?'
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:28 am

Yeah still closed.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:31 am

Ok. Also, tell them that the PTs are low on the list since you made them 2 weeks ago. I almost said that, but then I caught myself before the scumslip.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:34 am

Also, what happened to 15 minutes? XD

(I'm kidding. I can only imagine how much crap you're dealing with to get this setup)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 am

Also, I'm wondering where we should do our first kill. Our choices, as of now, are the Matrix and Meatspace. I feel like both of them have their own "protective roles" per se, be them doctors of some form or fashion, or watchers.

But before I go speculating, does the realm we do the kill in matter?
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

Can't read all this at work will catch up late tonight.

Hello scum buddies. Love y'all!!
Detective Moonlight
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Detective Moonlight »

Hey guys
we may use a free action to jack in, i didnt really bother with it but does it mean we only get to kill in that pt?

Looking forward to this game, looking at this team we have a shot at winning
-scout
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:25 am

By default you're jacked in and should have access.

You can kill in that PT or in meatspace (main thread) at night.
Detective Moonlight
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 am

I dont see the matrix anywhere in the pt subforum tbh
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:31 am

Do they know DM is in the Matrix?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:31 am

If not, it'd be very profitable for them not to know.
“Why was I chosen?'
Detective Moonlight
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:35 am

Anyway since its already late here, ill wait for transcend to post in the main thread
Is anyone going with the jaereed thing?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:43 am

Nah. I'm not worried about him. We need to be really careful though.

I'm going to be taking a step back, letting Shiro deal with the thread.
“Why was I chosen?'
Detective Moonlight
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:46 am

Yeah, i think thats a good idea
Ill have to discuss with transcend but we might make a good deal keeping jae as a friend until near the end
At least hes easier to manipulate than cerb

-scout
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:55 am

In post 13, DiamondSentinel wrote:Do they know DM is in the Matrix?
Yes. Confirmed in Draft Stage.

Will fix that.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am

Huh. So we're the only ones who can get into the Astral PT.

That's unfortunate. But at least we have a foot in the door.
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, I'm wondering where we should do our first kill. Our choices, as of now, are the Matrix and Meatspace. I feel like both of them have their own "protective roles" per se, be them doctors of some form or fashion, or watchers.

But before I go speculating, does the realm we do the kill in matter?
Generally in Shadowrun lore a decker is completely vulnerable if they are in the Matrix as they leave their consciousness behind. My guess is that the matrix would make them vulnerable but be able to do PR checks. Since popping in and out is a free action we will have to be careful. A rigger on the other hand isn't as strong as a decker in matrix stuff their drones do it. So would probably want to kill in meat space for now. At least until DM builds enough trust with those in the Matrix PT.

I would focus on the Sniper or the Face first. First rule of Shadowrun "Geek the Mage"

Haven't read the thread yet just general thoughts.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Always geek the mage. As for the Face, I'm not worried about him.

Additionally, we should work on getting rid of players that would prove troublesome, and identifying the traitor.
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yume may be traitor. Will see. I am excited to get a game to traitor hunt.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 16, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm going to be taking a step back, letting Shiro deal with the thread.
XD
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

ABR may be traitor too. Don't like what is going on with all the people scum reading space cowboy. Gonna drop a vote and see who responds. Worse comes to worse we break out of prison or someone else looks scummy.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”