Post by Bold Vote Scientist »

Design Thread

Moderator Notes

Text-Based Role PMs:

Spoiler: Sample Aligned
Alignment Unknown - Shaman
Text Version
Time is my plaything. Haste, Slowing, Protection are the abilities of my domain
You are aligned with the Town Faction (Shadowrunners) OR You are aligned with Aztechnology/Lonestar (scum)
Ability
- What the ability does.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners
, hoping to overthrow Aztechnology. You win when no threats to the Shadowrunners remain, and thus Aztechnology is overthrown.

OR

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar
, bloodsucking corporations hellbent on making just one more dollar.
In order to win the game, you must control half or more living, not-imprisoned players.

Spoiler: Town Aligned
Shadowrunning Decker - Text Version
Text Version
With a few strokes of my keyboard, the world's information is at my fingertips
You are aligned with the Town Faction (Shadowrunners).
Mission Planner
- Can target an adventure and determine what skill checks are required or its reward.
Jack in
- You may use a free action to jack into or out of the Matrix PT.
Critical Maintenance Required
- You may temporarily shut down the Matrix PT during the day until the next day and forgo your night action. Once per game only.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners
, hoping to overthrow Aztechnology. You win when no threats to the Shadowrunners remain, and thus Aztechnology is overthrown.

Shadowrunning Drug Dealer
Text Version
Your bliss is my bliss.
On the Corner, Giving Lots of Happiness
- You may send Drugs and Booze to Runners, only once per day/night cycle. Players may hold, eat or distribute the drugs delivered as a free action unless otherwise indicated. You may deliberately self target but for the Booze. Drugs detailed below
Day Options

Jazz
- The next action the runner takes is Loud. If they are a party leader during the night phase, the decision they make is Loud as well.
Deepweed
- The runner may take a trip to the Astral PT with posting privileges. Cannot be used by Decker, Rigger, Street Samurai, or Technomancer.
Kamikaze
- The runner is bulletproof to any wounds inflicted by others and a strongman the night of use. The following night, they are roleblocked and macho.
Psyche
- The runner may take a trip to the Matrix PT with posting privileges. Cannot be used by Elementalist, Medic, Physical Adept, Shaman, Summoner.
Smuggler's Paradise
- You may smuggle drugs into the Prison once per game. A prisoner must be given drugs. You are stuck until the end of the following nightphase. You have a 50% chance of dying if a prison break occurs while you are smuggling drugs.
Night Options

Booze (Mandatory Use)
- A player has their target redirected at random.
Nova Coke Party
- Two players share a PT that you can see. The pair cannot vote each other. The voting restriction is lifted in lylo.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Elementalist
Text Version
*singing* Let it burn, let it burn *singing*
Magic Will Survive
- Backup Doctor
Hold Person
- Can block a player from sending or receiving messages when not doctor (every night)
Fireball
- Can send a mass blast to all players (1-shot)
Astral Projection
- You can enter or exit the astral PT as a free action.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Explosives Expert
Text Version
Boom! Boom! Boom!
Things Go Boom
- You give out guns to players. You may not give out a gun to the same player twice. You are not required to give out a gun. All kills must specify the PT (Astral, Matrix or Meat Space [Main Thread] they are engaged on.
Explosion at the Superdome
- During the day, you may block the Party Leader from selecting a particular mission. This is once per day, but unlimited use.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Face
Text Version
You'll give me what I need, and I'll be your wildest fantasy you'll never attain.
Smooth Talker
- You can escape from prison one time as a free action until a prison break occurs. If in prison during a prison break, you have a 50% chance of dying immediately. After a prison break, if you are still in prison, you may break out if you had not previously.
Devil's Bargain
- You have a ring that you may give to another player. To receive the ring, they must agree to whatever conditions you set. They will be able to pass the ring in a similar manner once their condition has been met. You may not have any conditions that include alignment or roleclaiming. Voting or not voting is an acceptable condition, unless lylo. The ring will then return to you where it will need to be recharged before being used again. If a condition ever fails, it passes onto the next day. If a condition permanently fails, the ring passes back to you with one charge on it. Permanent conditions are considered fulfilled after 1 day/night cycle where a person could actually take the action.

Note: To Trigger a Devil's Bargain Exchange, You will need to post the following in thread:

Trade: Devil's Bargain Ring
To: Playername
Conditions: Any conditions before transfer
Number of Charges left after passing: 0, 1, or 2.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Ganger
Text Version
These people need to have their kneecaps smashed. No one messes with the Halloweeners.
This is our turf. No Corporation can take it.
- You can recruit another shadowrunner to your gang, making you both masons if town. However, you vanillaize them and prevent their role from flipping. Using this action on scum will fail. If you are prevented from taking this action by any means, you may not try again. There is no exception to this. Your shot may be refunded by in-game mechanics.
Only we kill on our turf, big shot
- Alternatively, you may bodyguard a non-recruited runner from all kills from any PT you are in.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Infiltrator
Text Version
You called that door locked? Ha. It's nothing to me.
Sneaking in and out of danger
- You can jump into either of the Astral or Matrix PTs for the night. You can jump into prison once only and cannot be in two of the Astral/Matrix/Prison at the same time. PT jumps are elected during the day and done at night. If you are in Prison during a Prison Break, you have a 50% chance of dying.
You can't tell me I'm not wanted
- You can add yourself to any mission where 5 runners were not selected, bypassing any rules regarding crew formation. You may do this one time only.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Medic
Text Version
Rest your weary soul. DocWagon is on the way.
Take your medicine
- Doctor from all kills against a runner in a realm you have access to (Astral, Matrix, Meatspace (Main Thread)). You must specify which place you heal, along with the runner.
Caffeine Jolt - If you do not heal someone, you may restore a one time ability to a runner, provided the runner still has that role.
Astral Projection - You can enter or exit the astral PT as a free action.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Physical Adept
Text Version
Who knew the human body could do that?
I'll set you up. Go on. Do your badass thing.
- Nightly, you can promote a player to the top of NAR, preventing all redirections or roleblocks.
Things won't go to shit when I'm here
- You can trigger a reroll of any mission that glitches or critically glitches one time with no penalty.
Astral Projection
- You can enter or exit the astral PT as a free action.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Rigger
Text Version
Get in and get the job done, but most importantly know how to get out.
My drones handle the dangerous work
- 1-shot send someone to prison. This functions as a dayvig and must be activated by PM. It cannot be used the day after a scum lynch.
I'm a little greedy, but it's for a good cause
- If encountering the store, you may buy two items.
Jack in

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Shaman
Text Version
You only thought you had limitations. Roll with me, and we'll break them.
Haste
-Give another runner an additional vote to lynch.
Silence
- Remove a runner from PTs for one day/night cycle. They may not be taken on missions.
Commune with the Dead
- Unspoiled Dead Players may send you one message each night.
Powerful Meditation
- You may have a neighborhood with one unspoiled dead runner.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Sniper
Text Version
Why get close when you can stay back? Lasers are the best friend in the world.
Watchful Eye
- You may watch a player as if you had both a tracker and a watcher. However, you do not detect nightkills done to them or by them. You get a copy of any messages they send or receive.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Shadowrunning Summoner
Text Version
The power of nature can win any conflict.
Dove
- 1-shot Lovely Neighborizer. You may neighborize two players for the next day or night cycle. They also become lovers. You do not get access to this chat.
Cheetah
- 1 shot commuter. Normal Variant
Snake
- Swap yourself in the place of the non-Party Leader runner once on a run. 1 shot
Owl
- You may send a message to another player during the day instead of the night. 1 shot

Your abilities refill when all are used.

You are aligned with
The Shadowrunners

Spoiler: Aztechnology Traitor
Aztechonology Bounty Hunter
Text Version
I've got a promotion on the line by removing this Shadowrunner threat. What better way than to put a price on their heads?
You are aligned with Aztechnology/Lonestar (scum)
"Thrill of the Chase" aka Managing Your Investments
- You can oversee but not post in the Astral, Matrix, and Prison PTs. You have a one use Nightvig for these PTs, if you retain access. If your vig fails twice for whatever reason, it turns into a dayvig.
"Get that Scum of a Gun" aka Eliminating Problem Runners
- Each night, you may place a bounty on a runner to be effective the following day. Placing a bounty rewards the runner who voted in the correct spot with being bulletproof that night, or a double voter the following day. You are BP to all nightkills on a night with a successful bounty. If you place a successful bounty on scum, they will be told the bounty hunter is the traitor. You may be killed.
"Have Gun Will Travel" aka Cannot Engage in Direct Overthrow
- You cannot be appointed Party Leader for any reason. If scum try to appoint you as the Party Leader, you'll be recruited instead. You will not show as a traitor to any investigation. You may be recruited normally.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar
In order to win the game, you must control half or more living, not-imprisoned players.

Spoiler: Lonestar Cops
Lonestar Occult Investigator
Text Version
I'm wanting out. Things that go bump no longer mystify me. A cushy retirement in Aztechnology doesn't sound too bad.
Filtering through the Garbage to Find a Nugget of Truth
- Once per game, you may assume the role of a dead town player. This does not negate any other abilities you may have. You may not choose an ability that would confirm you as town.
Cleaners
- You may hide a runner's rolecard once per game. If you are blocked, you get this back. This player will not have their abilities revealed ever.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar

Lonestar Street Samurai
Text Version
Lonestar gave me life again after a shadowrunner took my arms. Now, I'll make them pay.
Dermal Plating - You survive the first non-lynch death your slot would otherwise suffer.
Tortuous Tank
- You may elect to jailkeep a player. This will also rolecop the player. This will not reveal the traitor, as you'll be given false names. All actions done on the jailkeep target will fail.

The abilities of your scummates (the Occult Investigator and the Technomancer) are listed in your PT. The traitor's abilities are not.

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar

Lonestar Technomancer
Text Version
The magical world of cyberspace is boring without a little competition to my innate skills. Bring it on.
Jack in
Matrix Override
- Can see every single message sent or received on one night. (1-use)
My Eyes Are On You
- Target a player and find out everything that was done to them the previous day or that night. (Nightly)

You are aligned with
Aztechnology or Lonestar
Last edited by Bold Vote Scientist on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In fact, the mere act of lynching the Hydra will determine the alignment of the Hydra, although in this case there were three determinate states the Hydra could be in: these being Town, Scum, and Bloody Furious.
[Hydra of Titus and Varsoon]
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yay I can see everything!
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Nahdia »

hey lads.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yo yo homie, sup? At least your replacement shot scum with their vig.

I...

I managed to get myself kicked out exactly as I would have been able to fill Drixx in, and advise the copping of a scum slot. :/
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Spoiler: Spoils
While Math has deterred cops from herself and inspectorscout, they are actively pushing a cop on the traitor.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Pfft, thus is rhe spoiled pt, no spoiler tags for me!
And yeah, I know. But honestly, he's the only slot on his team that is currently in a position where they can skate through the game. It's silly that he's even saying that they should confirm the alignment of a member of the mission (drixx) to be sure they have four towniest in there, but nobody is saying oh yeah, we should probably confirm this pt is all town and ya know, move focus to him.
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Karnos is playing quite well. The revelation Karnos can see but not post is townish and functions as a traitor crumb. Yet, I would have kept my mouth shut and framed those in the pt for the kills performed. Again, good play by him. I'd say he's playing the best imo.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

*sigh* Drixx isn't bothering with the game and hes supposed to die tonight and he's thus going to miss out on the chance to catch some scum with a cop check that was rewarded to our mission. :/
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:10 am

If Drixx is copped, he cannot die tonight. You missed that.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Ya know if they had investigated inspector scout, Math would have won this game 100% of the time
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Drixx joins us. Let's thank him for the effort he put in during the unfortunate situation he was in. A model example he set even though people won't know of his effort.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh no. Scum was given the first gun??? :(
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:55 am

Yup. Actions in mods PT
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Um. Where?
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Last page top
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I'm not authorized.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Added.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So, I just realized...from the flavor of the kills, and the timing of my entry into the matrix PT, the guilty on karnos is a lot less valuable than it should be. Randomidget SHOULD have been able to see that either karnos or inspector scout are scum, because they're the only people that he's aware of who would have known that I was in the Matrix PT.

The guilty makes it moot of course, and it might make him overly trust inspector scout now. :-/ Especially if he thought McMenno was scum(since, ya know, he sounded like scum). Although(and I didn't mention this before I left the hydra), once I joined the matrix PT and was able to actually read the EXACT post with the EXACT wording used by McMenno...it actually didn't sound like a slip at all. It sounded super deliberate. :(
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Yeah, math was fleeing space cowboy wagon every chance she got. Scout and Karnos pushed the slip thing hard. 3 of the four early voters on the McMenno wagon were scum.

Scum still have to deal with a doc, backup doc, and bodyguard plus ABR. Yume is also doing very very well for them.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Has inspectorscout chosen mission(s) and such for tonight yet?
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:36 am

Math submitted for them. Right now scout is vla. That's better for town anyway as I have company tonight.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So...what was Vediths actual action? He attempted to protect grovyle, but couldn't because his bodyguard only works on PT kills?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Titus »

He canceled it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Strangely, if town doesn't lynch the caught scum, they might be better off, since they'll have locked in the usage of the gun currently held by a scum slot.

What's the method by which the traitor is recruited Titus? Also, if the DM slot were lynched today, would mathblade be able to perform his regular kill and use the one granted by the gun he was given?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Titus »

1) Making the traitor party leader if scum maintains control of Mr. Johnson OR just a recruit submission if they lose it.

2) If the DM slot is lynched, Math may kill, use their action, and gun shoot.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”