Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by Gear »

If we decide to kill, I am not sure who is best. If I'm lynched It's unlikely that people will believe that shadow and I are scum together.

You, Eira and Vax might be an ideal 3 person LYLO, since there's a decent chance that they will cross-vote.

I probably wouldn't want Riktus around. My impression is that he is more likely than others to rethink things.

Maybe it makes sense to kill Riktus tonight. Then maybe we can get shadow lynched tomorrow. On the back of Serra's suspicion, but if I am lynched, kill shaddow at night?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by reso »

Okay, fair enough. I'm a bit of a risk taker when it comes to scum actions. But I can understand with your reasoning. Then we'll go for the night kill.

I don't have anything to recommend. It sounds pretty sound to me.

I will still be roleblocking riktus. No one else's behavior has popped out to me as possible doc yet again.

I think Vax is the kill to go. The way serra insisted on Vaxkiller being town Day 2 without any explanation of it does make me think that Vax was his Day 1 scan. Better to eliminate a 'confirmed' townie, methinks.

On the off-chance that Vax is protected this night, I'm gonna go with the argument that we shouldn't be lynching for the day.

Reso roleblocks riktus
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by reso »

The nice thing about this game is that everyone has opinions that are everywhere.

Eira suspects shaddowez and Vax.
Shaddowez suspects riktus and, to an extent, Vax.
riktus suspects shaddowez
Vax is the only outlier, because I'm still not sure to whom he suspects.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by Gear »

It's a good play. Us shooting a claimed VT has a good chance of helping us sow doubt about any doctor claim, since we know whether there is a doctor or not.

UTL: Gear kills Vax
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by Gear »

Unless you object, of there's a no kill, I'll argue that we should lynch. It will get people of my back a bit, since why would I want there to be a lynch when it could be it. My reasoning is that with two confirmed town of six we have a 66% chance of hitting scum among you and the two non-confirmed townies.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by reso »

Hmmm... I don't know what to think about that.

I don't quite object, because I think it's a good idea that we should be publicly holding different mindsets and showing it. But I'm not quite getting the logic behind it. I'm not seeing the believability to it. Where are you pulling the two confirmed townies from? And where did you pull the 66% from? In a no-nightkill situation, with two 'confirmed' townies and still no dead scum, wouldn't there be a 50% chance of hitting scum instead?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:10 am

Post by reso »

To add on to my previous comment, I'm not sure if that 50% will be enough to satisfy enough people to vote for someone.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 am

Post by Gear »

If there's no kill, then it's almost confirmed to the town that there is a doctor in the setup. The doc should claim, and chain his target giving two confirm town.

Sure 50, except that I am town!, so of the remaining 3 two are scum
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Gear »

Claim his target, it should say.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:18 am

Post by Gear »

It's okay if it doesn't convince people, but I can also point out that the next day the odds will be the same, but with one fewer town voice and the day after that, if it gets that far it's probably 33% with no confirmed town
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:35 am

Post by reso »

Hmm.... Okay, I see where you went with this.

YET ANOTHER OFF-CHANCE. On the off-chance that nightkill does not happen AND doctor does claim, then I will refute by saying that it was entirely possible that the mafia just voted to No Lynch. I'll even go ahead and link to one of my most earliest games on this site, where I played mafia in a newbie game, and did just that (this is the game in question, I am WianaotBrriarNod; before either one of you two with access to this thread go ballistic and call me out for having an alt account, that was my very first account on this website, and I forgot about its existence and made another account, and some technical difficulties happened with said multiple accounts, but I had it all cleared up with zoraster).

Also, here is an interesting idea you should keep planted in your head.

Remember that serra was cop. And serra had voted for shaddowez for the majority of Day 2, without much additional comments about said vote. It could be a little tricky, but I think it could be worked out that serra had scanned shaddow, got a scum result, and decided to go with it unconditionally. We also work out his interaction with your and his eventual vote onto you as fishing for the other scum. But like I said, I think it requires a specific environment, and therefore qualifies as tricky. The possibility still exists though.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:36 am

Post by reso »

In post 35, reso wrote:No Lynch.
I meant No Nightkill
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Gear »

Serra said it's possible gear is scum without shadow, which will make it hard to convince people he had a guilty on Shadow.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Gear »

But if people miss that post, there's a chance
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:29 am

Post by reso »

Ah shit, that's right. He did. Damn.

Okay, well that's one dead idea then.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by reso »

I don't think we have anything else to talk about.

Just as a recap, in the scenario that Vax does not get nightkilled, I will push for a No Lynch and explain that it's statistically better for town to do so.

In the additional scenario that the doctor also claims with the lack of nightkill, I will insist that his claim proves nothing because it's entirely possible that mafia could have just not done a night kill, and if needed, I will link that old game of mine as an example of mafia doing so.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by reso »

Ah. And UpTooLate, when the game comes to an end, I am totally okay with you sharing this topic with the others.

And if you don't mind me asking, does a dead topic exist as well? >:3
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by reso »

Feel free to post your own recap (or not).

I'll see you passively in during the third day.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by Gear »

I suspect that I will be on defense at the start of the day, and I could end up being lynched. My plan will be to defend my hammer of Serra as I pointed out. My hope is that town will be appropriately cautious, since it is lylo. If they are, that will give me some time, and hopefully they will be distracted.

I'll typically be able to be on at about this time on weekdays. If that is the same for you, we could aim to hammer someone who has a vote on them at this time?

If that is impossible, I think that it will be best for us if I don't vote for anyone other than shadow, unless it is to hammer.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by reso »

Hmm... a coordinated hammer. I could roll with that. It's a bit on the dick-ish side of actions, but it's a clear and easy win. But I would think town would be ultra-careful about their votes because of the situation, so I personally don't think it's going to happen. In the case that it does happen (with the exception of tomorrow because I have a job interview that a bit far away that I need to attend), I am usually awake this time as well. Right around now would be 1:00-2:00 UTC-7 for me. We could do it then.

I do agree that you would be on the defensive after that hammer.

While I'm fine with voting for shaddowez, I may catch some flak for voting for him because I did post in the game that I suspected shaddowez if serra flipped scum, and riktus if serra flipped town. But given the towncred that I have, I don't think it's impossible for me to find a way to do it.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by Gear »

It's not important I think for you to invent a reason to attack shadow. I will try to avoid putting a vote down until after a town person does, unless it becomes impossible to avoid. Then there will be two votes there and you'll be able hammer. For anyone else, I won't vote unless I see a vote from you. If you vote around an hour ago, on a week day, I should be able to hammer, if the person is at L-1.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Gear »

I guess what I think it's that if you aren't hammering, you should be fairly careful with your vote, since you'll probably have to win this in 3p-Lylo
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Gear »

Also, I will still typically not be able to post on the weekend. If things are heated, I will try to look in, but I can't guarantee anything.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by reso »

In the end, I think it's fine that we both act our separate ways once more. I was merely speculating on what problems may arise.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:13 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Reso blocks Riktus, Gear kills Vax.

Actions received. Sorry, my Alaskan internet has been awful the last few days.

And yes, there is a dead thread!
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”