Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I realize no one actually asked hiplop what a Soldier does. That could be a hilarious failure on the part of a town or a sign there are actually a few Town Soldiers about who didn't need to ask. I think either way the correct strategy will be to either two of us to claim Soldier does (if there are lots of Soldiers, this helps us blend in; if there are few Soldiers, they won't expect there to be multiple Mafia Soldiers left) or none of us (in case executions come up that I'd rather try to subvert).
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:32 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hey, scumbuddies. So that was a pretty sucky end to the day. =/ I have to admit I am tempted to replace out because I really do not want to continue having to interact with a few players, but I will try to truck on since there have already been so many replacements in this game.

What are y'all thinking? I don't have time to post right now, but I will try to make some time when I get home from work tonight. I will make a couple notes:

1.)
DrippingGoofball, I hope to not continue arguing with you as the game advances. I much prefer to defend partners over busing them. I just know for sure that if I was Town I would have been all over you replacing in, so I tried to do the same here. I also tried to soften my own case on you by referencing your memory issues as a potential explanation for your apparent inconsistencies; I hope you do not think I was out of line. As Town coming off of our most recent, I know I would certainly be thinking (and worried) about the same things.

2.)
Cogito Ergo Sum, any info about your Soldier role? Have you been given a name (say, Bulbazak)?

~

Who all do you think has a power role? Who do you think we should kill? Who all looks lynchable?

I'll get to answering these questions as well when I can make the time. Thanks for replacing in!
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:35 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Just saw your posts, CES. I actually asked mykonian at the start of Day Two in-thread what the Soldier role is to no response. I also asked hiplop who could not really elaborate. About the only person who has otherwise commented on the Soldier role was kraska77 (now pitoli), who said something like "I thought it was a 1-Shot Vig, wasn't that what Killthestory claimed?" I can try to read over the thread again to see if people subtly reacted to my questions or kraska77's answer. At the very least, we might be able to go off of people's reactions to Killthestory's claim (because they might have thought they were also 1-Shot Vigs, such as camn and potentially lalaladucks).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:58 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

PJ you always scumread me LOL... this time you can be right! I think it's best if you stay in character and call me scum as usual.

I think Bulbazak should never be killed!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:58 am

I am just a goon.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:04 am

I was very happy to be forced to vote poor hiplop at deadline...

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

So about all I gathered from a reread was:

1.)
Both camn (Soldier) and lalaladucks expressed extreme skepticism of Killthestory's 1-Shot Vigilante claim. I expect lalaladucks is a Soldier.

2.)
UpTooLate talked in a rather detached manner while discussing hiplop's Soldier claim:
UpTooLate, Post 827 wrote:His role is apparently NAI...
This mildly suggests she is not a Soldier. (Or it could just mean she is talking in an extra detached manner because she
is
a Soldier, but eh). Therefore she is either Townie or a power role.

As it is, UpTooLate and I seem to be on practically the same wavelength for just about everything (hence why she is -- and I think would be -- my strongest Townread in the game). If that is any indicator, I expect her to come down hard on you, DrippingGoofball, tomorrow. But if the trend continues, I also expect she will express some displeasure at the people who are pretty much skating through the game without taking hard stances (DeathRowKitty, pitoli, implosion).

Despite me enjoying her presence in the game (and one of the few people who I think will help keep this game positive and moving now that she can post again), she might be a good kill in case she is a power role or if she starts to push hard on DrippingGoofball. If y'all think she is might be a Townie, or lynchable (without my help), or that we can successfully defend DrippingGoofball, then I'm definitely okay leaving her alive (if only for the game's health).

~

3.)
Do you think we should try to push for a new Leader tomorrow? It's looking like ousted Leaders are put up to an execution vote, which means that moving Katsuki out and somebody else in could give us (i.e., Cogito Ergo Sum) a say in having him executed. If that happens, do you think we should try to elect anybody in particular?

As crazy as it sounds, I sort of wonder if we could try to get DrippingGoofball elected Leader. This might require a bit of grandstanding from you, DrippingGoofball, but I think you could totally do it. When's the last time you've broken out your Scumdar thing? Maybe you could make some sort of platform to get yourself elected (ala, "I am dusting off the scumdar in an attempt to save this game! I guarantee to execute scum based on my analysis!" Etc., etc. This seems like the
perfect
opportunity for you to work your crazy charm.

If we manage to get you elected Leader, then we should also try to
keep
you in that position (for fear of the reprisal execution if you are ousted). But we do have to keep in mind that if one scum is Leader, we
absolutely
need another scum alive so that we can still perform our factional nightkill. I think our best best, then, is to get DrippingGoofball elected Leader and try to finish the game with all three of us alive.

If both Bulbazak and ErrantParabola are executed and our nightkill goes through, there will be 9 players left tomorrow. After we switch Leaders and lynch, there will be 8 players remaining. Leader can then attempt to execute somebody and presumably Katsuki will be put up for execution as well. Add in our nightkill and the game could hit 5 players and we win. Even if one of the executions or kills does not go through, we (should) still win with 6 players alive. The one wrench are the Politician (Bulbazak) and Back-Up Politician (pitoli) roles, so we might just want to be sure they are both dead for that situation.

4.)
That said: what should be do tomorrow if Bulbazak survives the execution (e.g., if other Soldier roles vote against the execution)? God knows I am not keen to even talk with him after he showed his true colors while arguing with Katsuki at the end of Day Two. =/ Not to mention his scum reads are basically "everybody who attacked me is scum." Granted, this makes him pretty easy to manipulate (and both of you are like his top townreads for ??? reasons).

5.)
Any thoughts on implosion? He is pretty much posting like a sad sack, but he takes just about every opportunity to mention how "not Town" I look. It's annoying, but if he's not ever going to do anything about it then I hardly care. He seems pretty lynchable, if only for his complete lack of actual stances.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:03 pm

In post 31, petroleumjelly wrote:It's looking like ousted Leaders are put up to an execution vote
Ooh, that could be what's happening, yeah.

But even if that's not the case, if we get the leadership, keeping us all alive Tomorrow and executing any townie would get it down to 6 alive. We could kill pitoli that Night if we're worried about his role but maybe we kill lalaladucks Tonight if we think he's a Soldier. Taking control of the execution would be grand.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Given that we have already killed two Town Soldiers, it's hard to know how many Soldiers are in this game. >< For all we know, this game is made up of mostly Soldiers (hence people's disinterest in what that role is) -- a Soldier might just be the 'baseline' of power instead of Vanilla Townie (even though there is a sample Vanilla Townie Role PM). But you're definitely right -- if the game started with 5 Soldiers so that Town could outvote the scum initially, then killing lalaladucks could be very good.

Also, a correction: DrippingGoofball, I meant to say you might want to run on a platform of booting up your Scumputer (not a simple Scumdar). Of course I (as Town) will be dismayed to see you even talk about it in-game, I think you might be able to generate enough hype/interest to help yourself get elected. Heck, you could even go so far as to draw up a digital picture of you with the Scumputer or something (like a propaganda poster).
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:57 am

Let's put this down provisionally:

Petroleumjelly kills lalaladucks

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:18 am

In post 33, petroleumjelly wrote:DrippingGoofball, I meant to say you might want to run on a platform of booting up your Scumputer
Understood

Will give it a shot

I love theater

I approve of the lalaladucks kill

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:10 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

SpyreX replacing in could be bad news for us, depending on how active he is. Last time I played with him (Toy Story Mafia) I was scum and made it through the end of the game, so if he remembers me I suspect he will be
highly
skeptical of my play here. But hard to say -- replacements during the Night Phase are really difficult to judge. (Sigh).

I don't mind a lalaladucks kill.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Huzzah.

Snarky's the execution target, so unless someone's lying, I think we can only lose if UTL disobeys the execution (and there's no real reason for her to; Snarky even hammered Katsuki) or we forget to submit a kill.

Thus:
DrippingGoofball kills implosion

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:38 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ah, excellent! I was about to say we should plan for the case where DrippingGoofball is executed, but I guess since you're a Soldier you would know better.

I suppose we should nevertheless at least discuss what we should do in the event the game continues tomorrow. This seems most likely if (i) SnarkytheSnowman survives or (ii) our nightkill target survives, presumably because there is a protective role in the game who lied during massclaim. Granted, a protective role existing seems slim. implosion is a Tracker, he tracked farside22 (DeathRowKitty) to nobody on Night One, and UpTooLate is a Soldier. So if there is a protective role, either DeathRowKitty (farside22) failed to use it Night One
and
farside22 is lying, or SnarkytheSnowman is lying about his role (which is actually possible).

Cogito Ergo Sum, if the Soldiers "split" their votes, is an execution not carried out? Or is that another thing we're in the dark about?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:10 am

In post 38, petroleumjelly wrote:Cogito Ergo Sum, if the Soldiers "split" their votes, is an execution not carried out? Or is that another thing we're in the dark about?
I'll ask myko.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 am

woohooo

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:17 pm

In post 39, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 38, petroleumjelly wrote:Cogito Ergo Sum, if the Soldiers "split" their votes, is an execution not carried out? Or is that another thing we're in the dark about?
I'll ask myko.
Unsurprisingly, he declined to answer.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Eh. If the game somehow continues then I guess we are probably still fine.

Highest priority would be making sure you (Cogito Ergo Sum) definitely survive Day Four, since you are the only remaining scum Soldier who can shield us from executions. Ideally we would get UpTooLate lynched so that you were left in total control of that aspect to prevent any shenanigans the following night, regardless of whoever might be Leader at the time. Don't feel terribly obliged to do much more planning than that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 am

I thought the plan was to make me leader and both you guys voted SpyreX LOL

Scum ALWAYS bus'es that's how I catch them

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:18 am

The night feels long!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”