boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:19 am

Post by boring »

Yeah, either one will work in one of our favors.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:20 am

Post by boring »

With so many conf. town being against Grendel, you won't get in trouble for his lynch either.... unless they decide you're "the one scum on the Grendel wagon"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Prism »

It's fine if they lynch me tomorrow-DF is almost certainly next if they do. In my opinion we kill PP next and leave Zoronos for town to start doubting him/Shadow down the line when Implosion is gone.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:02 am

Post by boring »

I think you'll be fine tomorrow.

I agree that we have to kill PP tonight. Even if Zoro Keeps him, it's preferable to another conf-anything.

If we're both in good standing at the end of D4, we can go for Implosion N4 (provided PP is successfully killed). I think you're right about Zoro, and the reward will be worth the risk. First, you people need to kill Grendel, then help me kill Dier and Shadow. I'm pretty sure they're scum :P
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:31 am

Post by podoboq »

Grendel
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3. Please PM all night actions to me by the deadline, or bold them in your associated private thread.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-13 11:30:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Prism »

Man I just read through my ISO and it's hilarious, I have no idea why I'm being townread. This is awful scumplay on my end even if we did get unlucky on the PR flips.

I'm not really sure who should make the kill tonight, I need to think on it more. Good job surviving through another day!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by boring »

Thanks! I'll have to review the end there. Luckily, the lynched happened in the morning, so I look less absent. I've had a busy day.

Without reviewing, I'd say we have to go after PP. Another cop read will be a guaranteed loss, unless I'm misreading the game.

One of us will serve as a handy bus for the other, but we really need to pull off another mislynch before that. There's no way either of us will manage two on our own. Even without more confirmations, there are some pretty decent town players in this game. (I realize I've talked a little smack in here, and I apologize, I just get caught up in the heat of the moment sometimes, and I'm not a particularly nice person when it isn't mandatory).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh yeah we're killing PP-question is who does it. I'm inclined to think Zoro will jail nn30 or Dierfire. However, I can definitely see him deciding to test out his read on me given the Grendel flip and Implosion and Grendel's expressed doubts on me. Simultaneously, he may decide to sheep implosion and jail you. Right now I'm of the opinion that you're less likely to be blocked but I really need to think about it more. What do you think?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Prism »

And yeah I've definitely talked some smack here, and I did so knowing Shadow will eventually read it and thinking he needed an ego check. (Assuming we offer up our PT, which is fine with me) Admittedly unnecessary, but seeing his current attitude even after he's been called out now multiple times doesn't make me feel bad at all. I had something typed up but I don't want to kick him when he'll be down having seen the flips. I'll save my patronizing/old person bullshit/hypocritical speech on the values of humility and cooperation for the postgame. I mean, he's probably going to win, and I'm not, and that's something.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by boring »

In post 183, Prism wrote:I'll save my patronizing/old person bullshit/hypocritical speech on the values of humility and cooperation for the postgame
Wait, you're an old person too?! *old person high five!*

I'm 33, so while I don't think of myself as old, I realize that this (and most) website is full of youngsters with a lot more time on their hands (and troll-related experience for the most part). I mean, I have nothing against the whippersnappers, but sometimes I feel like a fossil (it probably doesn't help that I don't have TV or Facebook to help me be "with it" [though, if we're being honest, I wasn't "with it" when I was younger, either]).

Anyway, I think you're right that I'm a better person to do the kill tonight, simply because that ending with Grendel looked kinds bad.

I'd also like to Neo Dierfire, just in case.

We'll need to cross our fingers for this. Zoronos is either going to protect PP, or he's going ot jail one of us, I'm pretty sure of it.

If we're lucky, tomorrow's cast will be:

me, you, nn30, Dierfire, Shadow, implosion, zoronos.

If we can swing Dierfire's lynch tomorrow and manage a successful kill on implosion/shadow N4 (because at least right now, they're less likely to lynch the way we want), we'll be to lylo, and this daytalk will be a distinct advantage.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by boring »

The next question is, should you give me some "town cred" for not voting Grendel? Is that the natural thing to do? We need to figure out how much distance is the right distance, in case one of us is lynched.

For my part, I have no reason to automatically bump you down my list for voting Grendel because I'm the only player who wasn't on board with it. You had towny company. I think maybe we could pin this on Dierfire and nn30, though. Nn30 basically sheeped, and Dierfire is raising hackles anyway.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by boring »

By the way, @podoboq, did you invent this game setup, or did you adopt if from another setup you've seen/played?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 186, boring wrote:
By the way, @podoboq, did you invent this game setup, or did you adopt if from another setup you've seen/played?
I can't answer this question until after the game.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by boring »

In post 187, podoboq wrote:
In post 186, boring wrote:
I can't answer this question until after the game.
I'm sorry. Well, when the game is over, could you let us/me know whether things are unfolding as you anticipated?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:54 am

Post by podoboq »

This is a courtesy message. As of now, you have not submitted any night actions. If you would like to do so, let me know by the deadline. If I receive no target by the deadline, you will forfeit your night action for Night 3. Please bold your intended actions in this thread.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-13 11:30:00)
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by boring »

Prism, I don't have any fresh input for you, so I'm gonna go ahead here, I guess.

I will kill PenguinPower and I will Neo Dierfire.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah, I think that's for the best.

I don't think I should give you towncred as by PoE your chance of being scum just shot up significantly, especially given I townread nn30 and can't feasibly walk it back.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by boring »

I don't think it would be super hard to start lightly questioning nn30 now. I have been town reading him too, but as we go along, he's going to keep looking shadier. You'll have to turn on him eventually, if we're going to win.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by boring »

I have a particularly dumb peer-review to deal with this week at work, so while I'll try to pay the same amount of attention to the game, I might miss a day or two throughout the week, and only be able to post once or twice a day on good days. Hopefully, the second week of the "day" will be more open.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 am

Post by podoboq »

boring: Your target, Dierfire, is a Vanilla Townie

Day 4 has begun.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I have no idea how any of the town have dealt with Shadow, if I was nn30 I probably would have replaced out already. It's tempting enough right now, I can barely take it and he's not even on my team. It's like having a 20 kg boulder on your back during a hike, except even worse because this one screams and condescends to you the entire time. Inevitably, when implosion and nn30 finally manage to drop the boulder off at the top of Mt. Mini 1838, my posts both here and there are going to be cited as frustrating scum with mad skillz despite my sincerity.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by Prism »

Scratch that, that post is mean and childish, I need to ditch my own arrogance and stay focused on the game rather than let Shadow drag me down to the depths of ego hell with him.

Finding humor instead of anger is a hell of a coping mechanism and I need to use it more.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Nope, I take it back, I can't do it, Shadow is too much. I can't. I'm sorry but I can't.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay I've calmed down again, I'm being pretty petty so my apologies for being all over the place, eyes on the prize, it's just a game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:43 am

Post by boring »

I understand, he has been childish toward everyone thus far. Tolerate what you can, and feel free to policy lynch him, if the rest of town is down with that.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”