boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 am

Post by boring »

Awww dang. He was replaced by a smart person.

Well, my play this game has been shit, and it's not like it was going to improve with as little time as I've had. I'm sorry that you've been so crunched for time too. I feel like we could have done some spectacular things with this daytalk, had the timing been better.

I hope to play another game with like half the playerlist as a do-over (preferably as town next time).

Feel free to let me know what I can do and say on my descent to the gallows to be most helpful.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Prism »

I was being really childish so there's no real excuse for it.

Anyway, I think we've done about all we can do. It would take me flipping on the turbo reversal and coming out of the blue and townreading you and trying to get nn30 powerlynched for us to really have a shot, but that's already pretty much throwing the game. I'm forced to just vote you here and hope they fuck up along the way, which is unlikely-there's a good chance of me getting jailed tomorrow night into autoloss.

The game and the setup were both very good, and I really appreciate you @Podo
. We just got a combination of unlucky and outplayed. I didn't claim BP when I should have, we maybe should have had someone quickhammer Gamma, we hit a VT N1, and we didn't plan on so many of our goal lynches turning out to be unlynchable (Gamma, Implosion, PP) which resulted in us coming up one/two lynches short. Gamma's N1 investigation of Implosion was the perfect choice, and Implosion has played fabulously to go with it. Deputy was a fine final role (what with the two ascetics and all) but it was the nail in the coffin. We simply haven't been able to out-towntell people like Shadow and nn.

Shadow's replacement is hilarious, 3/3 on Day 1. I definitely got what I deserved for making Shadow replace out. This is why I shouldn't let my ego get in the way of things.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Prism »

To be honest though yeah at this juncture this game for us is like watching your dog slowly die of incurable disease, limping and whining all the way, and never having the mercy to put them down.

I'm sure it'll be a very rewarding win for town if they can finish the job though-they've definitely earned it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh god those Excel notes I'm definitely getting my just desserts here, where's the white flag?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Prism »

He gave those in 30 minutes so I can't even imply he faked them
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 201, Prism wrote:
The game and the setup were both very good, and I really appreciate you @Podo
Spoiler:
Thank you.

You guys made the first game I modded here a whole bunch of fun, and I doubt it would have gone on nearly this long if it hadn't been for some fantastic scum play.

Obviously, please don't concede. You still have a shot, but even if you didn't it's also just unfair to the living town to take away their GOTCHA moment.

Now might be as good a time as any to state that the Mafia PT will be fully released once the game is over. If there's something you don't want in here, make sure you let me know so I can get your ducks in a row before then.[/b]
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh I'm not conceding no worries! That was never a real consideration-I was speaking figuratively. I'm not denying them their moment and yes, there is still a chance they blow it. I may be mentally waving the flag but I'm physically going down with the ship.

I've always acted under the assumption it would be released, I have nothing to remove. The only clarification I have to make is that my Shadow shots early on were before I actually got frustrated and before he got called out publicly, and were made with the "Needs an ego check postgame" point in mind. It wound up that we got into quite a tussle and public debate about that, making them very overboard after the fact. Their interpretation changes given the multiple callouts and scuffles that happened afterwards-I never expected to actually get into it with him, they were intended as a moral of the story for why not to act arrogant to be reflected on postgame.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2915, nn30 wrote:For the record, Dier's defense felt a lot like 'yeah, a lot of that is accurate and kind of looks bad. Here's an alternate explanation for everything that I have an alternate explanation for.'

As a result, I'm dialing back my scum read on him.

I'd like to lynch Boring and then discuss options after her flip.

P-edit: Okay! Thanks Dier.
In post 2917, nn30 wrote:VOTE: boring
In post 2924, implosion wrote:Finally people speaking my language...

I justified nn-town in .

VOTE: boring
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Unfortunately I think the best play here for me is to just bus and hope they fuck up with speculation of a scum strongman, switching to DF if somehow the opportunity arises. Looking at the players not voting, there's not really 5 left to throw on DF. Anything else I do I'm just straightforward claiming mafia with you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Basically right now I'm being forced to play into near autoloss. Any other move gets Implosion deathtunneling me because he's been wary of me (obviously correctly) all game. It's like a siege where I'm looking for a chance to break out. I've felt for a long time he's scumread me but couldn't really justify it enough to pursue, defending you would be raising up the portcullis and giving him the castle.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by boring »

I agree with Prism. This game has been a lot of fun, and I feel bad that I've not been able to give it my all. It's nice to have twists and turns as scum. I feel like scum with the matrix6 setup is too much like shooting fish in a barrel. This gave us a lot more challenge. I and I agree that we had some bad luck with the PR draws. The game really is fairly balanced in setup.

Anyway, I'll do my best to cause a little mess as I go down. I'll try to fight back as much as I can, but obviously, I'm going to have to go it alone. We can't risk you doing anything fancy to save me (except vote a convincing counterwagon, I guess, which I'll try to provide, but probably won't). The only thing we have going for us, is that it's unlikely that they'll lynch me before the 7-day mark.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by boring »

That's like one of my favourite songs, by the way. They shouldn't have let Disturbed fuck with it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Prism »

I feel pretty bad that BlackVoid thinks my replacement attempt was about Shadow's reads. I was upset with Shadow way, way before he was on anything resembling the right track. It had everything to do with him finding a new way to demean and shame other players in every post, especially nn, and nothing to do with his reads. I even agreed with him publicly that his post on it being 2/3 of me/you/Dier was a great one, the best of his all game.

I want to give a statement saying "Hey, look, I'd do this as scum too", but it'll read as a preemptive apology for being scum (and it would be). I was happy for Shadow when he finally came to the right conclusion-I was frustrated because of the treatment of other players, not so much myself. It was never my intent to abuse this for towncred or to deny him a victorious moment. In truth, being scum is the only thing that made me not try to replace out significantly earlier.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, you should consider getting on at an unusual time and selfhammering so that Zoronos can't out a jail before Podo posts the flip.

Podoboq typically checks the thread very early in the US morning, check his ISO to see the timegaps. We want 0 time in between the hammer and the flip so that Zoronos cannot out the jail.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Prism »

Looking at Zoronos's posts, he has a pretty wide range, from 9 AM EST to 4 AM EST. There's not much of a pattern later in the day. That said, he's never posted earlier than 9 AM EST on a weekday. He seems to occasionally check it at around 12:20 PM EST, but never really in the 1-2 hours before.

Podoboq seems to check the thread every day at about at about 8:30 AM, but it seems inconsistent. However, he very consistently checks the thread from 11:20-12:30 PM EST.

My impression, it seems like the best times to selfhammer is first and foremost ~11:20 AM EST, followed by either ~8:30 AM EST, or anytime you see that he's online (good times are about 9 PM-11 PM EST). If you can't make any of those it's okay, I get you since it's just a game and you can't really take too much time out of your

The last thing I would request is that you say you are town in your selfhammer post but that you are tired of the tunnels and that you hope people will reevaluate the game (
not any specific read
) when you're gone. I would not mention any specific players. My thinking for this is so that 1. Even if Zoronos sees you selfhammer, he might buy your townclaim and forget to out a jail and 2. Not outing names of players/specific strategies to reevaluate means that they can't try to read through your WIFOM for more info. If you did want to mention a specific player, I would say giving a halfhearted "I fail to see how everyone thinks Shadow/Black is town" single line would be good. I would avoid saying anything about me/DF/nn/Implosion/Zoronos like the plague.

I realize all of this may not be feasible so I apologize if I'm making an excessive request. I've been a really demanding partner through and through so thank you so much for sticking out with me and really giving it your all for the game-it's been great having someone so communicative and eager to work together. You've rocked, and it's been great playing scum with you despite our troubles. Here's hoping to a narrow win or a quick euthanasia.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Actually, on second thought, I probably wouldn't say anything about Black/Shadow either, but that's just me. That one's a lot less important than not discussing me or the others.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Goddamn Dierfire/BlackVoid remembered the JK target. You should probably hammer ASAP if Zoronos hasn't already outed his target, if he already has you should probably hold on.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:34 am

Post by boring »

Self hammered. He was just musing and hasn't posted in two hours. Good luck! Sorry I wasn't more help.

@podoboq, thank you for the game!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 am

Post by boring »

Dammit! I didn't see implosion's unvote.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 am

Post by boring »

oh well, I was going down anyway.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:07 am

Post by boring »

Well, there was no avoiding my lynch today anyway, so solidifying myself as scum isn't a big deal.

On a positive note, knowing who Zoronos is going to jail can be used to your benefit. I'm not sure how far you're willing to take risks at this point, but if Zoronos is locking himself into a jail target, and it's not you, you can withhold your kill. That autolynches his target tomorrow. He'll not announce a target again, because he's expecting the game to be over. You get a free kill (one of the strong towns, because Zoro always seems to jail offensively.

If he doesn't jail you that night, two things may happen the next day, a) no one believes Zoronos, and he's lynched next b) everyone believes Zoronos, and you're in trouble.

The alternative is another easy mislynch getting a town clear tomorrow when you kill Zoro (that is, if you can't convince them that there's both a Neo and a strongman on the scum team).
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:53 am

Post by boring »

I've never flailed before. Flailing is fun. Lemme see if we can pull an nn30 lynch. It's highly doubtful, but at least my "sudden turn" on him could be seen as a last-ditch distancing gimmick, right?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Hahaha oh man, I even thought about posting to say Implosion unvoted but figured I'd already posted too much last night. My mistake!

It's okay, you've done a great job and have been a joy to be partners with. We've still probably lost but I'm going to do my best for you and LUV, so here goes nothing. I'm going to have to think on this kill for awhile.

I'm going alone from here, still climbing the mountain one rock at a time. Here's hoping I can make it to the top.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Current mood:

Except instead of a sword I get basically nothing. I guess I got Shadow_step making me angry to thank for BlackVoid townreading me, at least.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Prism »

@Podoboq:
Can this stay open so I can make a Traveler's Log of the final stretch of this harsh journey across the wastes?

Lurking in store are many dangers. Confirmed town, jailkeepers, citizens with brains. Can Prism escape and fulfill the pilgrimage to the scum promised land? Tune in next time, here at Mini Normal #1838 Mafia PT, to find out.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”