boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by boring »

I just noticed that this appears to be an all-newbie game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by boring »

Thank fucking smeg for Shadow_step.

@podobodoboboq - all these Ascetics and you made me a Neapolitan? You're a little evil, you know that?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Prism »

I would not at all be surprised if one is a third party.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Looking around it doesn't look like third parties are that common in Normals leaving me with a ?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Ah yeah I changed the wording slightly in hopes no one would notice, I read on the wiki it was good to distance yourself from your partner and never have a town read on them so I just was fortunate you posted that so I could sheep it for my null read on boring.

I think I can manage at that stage, not quite sure there since I never been there as scum
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't think we have an SK this game, one is lying for sure.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:41 am

Post by boring »

The thing is, distancing is also expected. You have to ride the line.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:42 am

Post by boring »

If I get to L-1, you guys think I should claim Neapolitan?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Prism »

I would say that's a pretty good idea, it would make a lot of sense with the ascetics.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Prism »

You're going to be forced to claim pretty soon, I hate to pressure you but if that lynch goes through we're sunk, I think there'll be way too many obvious towns after you flip to really salvage it minus a hail mary.

Originally I was going to vote you but I don't think that's the best angle for me to take right now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah they may have the game sadly, Snake has played this pretty well I feel.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by boring »

Never give up, never surrender. When you're backed into a corner is the time to start spinning. That's why you leave little seeds of lies along the way, so you have something to latch onto when you need it. The hardest thing here, is that no one in town wants to take the lead. No one is standing out as a rational leader or a gut leader. I staked out both ES and SS as possibilities, but SS proved himself useful first.

Slog through the mess and the wagons, and remember that only we KNOW who the scum are. Everyone is just guessing. If you can make them doubt, you're still in it.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I was telling the truth in that my join date here was the day I signed up to join my first game of mafia (I hadn't realized the game existed before, which makes me sad). I still make enormous newbie mistakes (like not realizing that it's best practice for town to announce ascetic right away). So bus if you must, but I think we can win this with some luck and hard work.

Also, Prism, do you think you can find a solid excuse to vote snake again?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Prism »

I think it's exceedingly dangerous to do so but I'm trying to balance my push on Implosion while making it clear that if I don't get enough biters I will vote Eager.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by boring »

Do what you think is best. I might be losing this after all. Though I'm not kidding about nn30 totally ignoring stuff. I wish I had more spare time this game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by boring »

if it won't look too obvious that we're buddies, can someone point out to nn30 that I'm on V/LA?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

No problem
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm going to hammer sit, I do not think at all that we can afford to lose you Day 1 but I can't afford to do much more rallying. If Eager does wind up lynched, though, I want to be the one to hammer it.

Given what you said here:
I think we've had quite enough role claims for Day 1, but suffice it to say that I find it very, very unlikely that we have two ascetics. That is, unless the mod is a sadist. I also think it would be absolutely pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic. That is, unless things are far more complex than they appear from my point of view.
it'll be difficult to sell a Neopolitan claim. I'd start shopping around for a role that would make you doubt two ascetics would be in play.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Prism »

Just a heads up I'm going to transition to pressuring LUV more today, it'll make for good distancing regardless of who actually winds up lynched. It's clear I can't get implosion like I want today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:11 am

Post by boring »

In post 41, Prism wrote:I'm going to hammer sit, I do not think at all that we can afford to lose you Day 1 but I can't afford to do much more rallying. If Eager does wind up lynched, though, I want to be the one to hammer it.

Given what you said here:
I think we've had quite enough role claims for Day 1, but suffice it to say that I find it very, very unlikely that we have two ascetics. That is, unless the mod is a sadist. I also think it would be absolutely pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic. That is, unless things are far more complex than they appear from my point of view.
it'll be difficult to sell a Neopolitan claim. I'd start shopping around for a role that would make you doubt two ascetics would be in play.
I assumed Neapolitan would do that pretty well. After all, it wouldn't make any sense for there to be a Neo with two town ascetics. I was going to ramble about how giving a Neo role to town when there are two ascetics would be so crippling, that there's no way to justify a scum day-chat.

My biggest worry, though, is that someone will claim a stronger investigative role, like cop, and blow me out of the water with the Neo.

What do you think of a Motion Detector claim? If it comes down to it? I doubt I'll live to see Day 3, so at this point, my best chance is to stir things up, right? That is, if my schedule lets up.

By the way, do you think it's necessary to pretend to go after LUV at this point? We don't want it to look like you're trying to rescue me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Problem with the neopolitan claim is that you explicitly said "I think it would be pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic" when one town one mafia would make a lot of sense were you Neopolitan. They can't both be mafia-either they're both town or one is mafia. Two town plus a town neopolitan is what makes little sense. Motion Detector can work, there's a lot of them.

If a stronger investigative role counterclaims you that'd be one of the best case scenarios we could get out of it I think. Claiming is your last resort-at that point we're taking what we can get.
By the way, do you think it's necessary to pretend to go after LUV at this point? We don't want it to look like you're trying to rescue me.
I'm not going to do it too much but it's basically my gift to LUV in the event I go down with you. Me pressuring the third scum won't really seem very likely. As far as reducing my own chance of being lynched for trying to rescue you, I'm already very far down that rabbit hole with the eager vote+implosion push. If I get lynched for it it's going to happen anyway.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Anything not vanilla townie seems risky to me but that's just gut talking.

They have it out for you and while I can see how they're suspicious of you it isn't really enough to have you at almost L-1. Bussing me might be the best bet to get the heat off.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by boring »

In post 44, Prism wrote:Problem with the neopolitan claim is that you explicitly said "I think it would be pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic" when one town one mafia would make a lot of sense were you Neopolitan. They can't both be mafia-either they're both town or one is mafia. Two town plus a town neopolitan is what makes little sense. Motion Detector can work, there's a lot of them.

If a stronger investigative role counterclaims you that'd be one of the best case scenarios we could get out of it I think. Claiming is your last resort-at that point we're taking what we can get.
I'm not going to do it too much but it's basically my gift to LUV in the event I go down with you. Me pressuring the third scum won't really seem very likely. As far as reducing my own chance of being lynched for trying to rescue you, I'm already very far down that rabbit hole with the eager vote+implosion push. If I get lynched for it it's going to happen anyway.
By the way, you've beautifully illustrated why I shouldn't be trying anything fancy so new to mafia. I don't even know all the dynamics yet. I just get impatient, and like to speed up my learning curve as much as possible, so rather than sticking with what's worked in past games, I throw it all out and try something entirely new. I apologize that it's hurting our game.

But Prism, I don't think you're at risk at all right now. At all. You'll have the best chance of the three of us to get to LYLO. I'd say, feel free to butcher us if you think you can use it to win some strong town-cred.
In post 45, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Anything not vanilla townie seems risky to me but that's just gut talking.

They have it out for you and while I can see how they're suspicious of you it isn't really enough to have you at almost L-1. Bussing me might be the best bet to get the heat off.
Luckily, the softing was utterly ignored. I'll only claim if I'm about to be lynched as a last resort. Seriously, if I make it to Day 3, it will be an absolute miracle.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm pretty safe right now, I agree, I'm even townread by several-the worry is that we need to get a total of 3 mislynches, minimum, to win. I can definitely get one, two is questionable, three seems exceedingly difficult. I'm town, but I'm the least town of the towns.

After you get lynched, it will be incredibly hard to lynch any of Shadow, Maria, Implosion, nn30, Zoronos, or Eager. That leaves us with 3 of Gamma/PP/Dierfire/Grendel to go. Today's our chance to make Eager happen and I want it pretty badly.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:44 am

Post by boring »

^^ Gotcha

Okay guys, I'll leave this up to you: I've gotten crazy busy at work lately. These last few days' activity level is going to be my norm/maximum. Possibly for months.

If you two think that's okay, I'll keep plugging away, and this will just be my last game for a while. If you think it's a hinderance, or if you think you can get a better shake with a new sub-in, I'll start my sabbatical early. It's up to you (I won't be offended if you'd like to replace me).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Prism »

If you need to replace out, I would say replace out the next day and explain that you've gotten too busy rather than just silently night replacing (and maybe include a line like "For my replacement, my final reads are as follows..." at the end).

Up to you, whatever you feel most comfortable with. I think you're doing fine.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”